Milk soup with chicken is an appetizer that is delicious and simple. A soup that can satisfy any taste with warm milk and cream. The light and delicate texture of milk soup, with its attractive milky color, is the best option for decorating your party tables.
Undoubtedly, every guest will smile upon seeing the beautiful appearance of this dish and its pleasant warmth on cold days and nights of the year and will praise you for choosing such a menu for the reception.
Soups are newcomers to Iranian culture and table. Foods that were easily accepted and found a special place due to the support of different dishes and their place in the taste memory of Iranians. Milk soup is one of them, which soon became a part of common Iranian party dishes.
What is milk soup ?
Milk soup is one of the most famous and popular soups worldwide. There are different types of milk soup, and it is cooked with different ingredients. Some cooks make milk soup with a cream mixture that increases the calories of this soup.
The most popular type of milk soup is milk soup with flaked oats or peeled oats, which has a very good taste that almost everyone likes. You can serve milk soup at your parties as a delicious and lovely appetizer.
Milk soup is mostly served as an appetizer, but you can prepare this delicious soup as a complete and nutritious meal for the family. You can add other ingredients like corn to the milk soup if you want to make the soup more beautiful.
The method of preparing milk soup goes back to Europe, especially Eastern European countries, and this hearty food is prepared hot for breakfast and lunch with or without meat. It is very useful for patients and easily digested.
This hearty and very delicious soup is produced in different forms and ingredients according to different cultures and places on the planet, and the best variety of food to add to the list of weekly dishes you can cook according to your taste is milk soup.
The essential ingredients used for this soup can be changed, and you can use the minimum ingredients you have at home to add various ingredients to make the soup delicious.
You can prepare milk soup for 4 people with the ingredients included in this recipe. To make more or less milk soup, multiply or divide the ingredients. Stay with meals cook with the milk soup cooking tutorial.
You can also read dal adas soup recipe.
How to make milk soup? (Milk soup recipe)
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 3 hours
|Salt and pepper
|as much as you like
1. Finely chop the onion and pour it into the pot with butter. When the onions become golden, it is time to add the chicken breast.
2. Fry the chicken pieces well with butter and onion until they turn completely white. It’s time to add the carrots that you cut into small pieces.
3. pass the peeled barley you have soaked for at least 6 hours through the colander and wash it well.
4. Now add to the previous ingredients and let it fry well. It’s time to add pepper and salt to make the basic ingredients of the soup tasty.
5. At this stage, add enough boiling water to cover the ingredients completely. Leave the lid pot half open and stir the soup every few minutes until the ingredients are fully cooked. This is so important that the barley does not stick to the bottom of the pot during cooking.
6. Chop the mushrooms, pour them into a pan, and fry them with butter. Set the mushrooms aside to cool.
7. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool. Then, remove the bones and chop the meat with your hands or fork.
8. The barley seeds bloom after 2 to 3 hours and reach the full cooking stage. You can use an electric beater or a mixer at this stage to have a thick and delicate soup.
9. After achieving a smooth texture of oats with an electric beater, now is the time to add milk. Add hot or boiling milk to the ingredients.
10. Reduce the flame and let the milk’s flavor mix with the soup’s ingredients.
11. Add the chicken and mushrooms to the simmering soup and wait for the wonderful combination of flavors. Mix the cream with a soup spoon after the soup reaches your desired consistency, and stir well until smooth.
12. Add this mixture to the ingredients and mix well. Although the cream will increase the calories of this soup, do not omit it at all. The unique taste of milk soup is largely due to the cream.
13. Your milk soup is ready. Turn off the flame and add the parsley to the hot soup. Leave some parsley for garnish.
You can also read adasi recipe.
Health Benefits of Milk and Chicken
Nutritional Profile of Chicken
Chicken breast is an excellent source of protein. Also, chicken breast does not contain fat and is very useful for health. Cooked chicken breast is prepared without oil, which is vital for health. In addition, it is a source of essential vitamins such as B6 and niacin.
Why milk in soup?
The combination of milk and chicken is full of vitamins and proteins. Also, this creamy and thick combination is delicious and excellent, with vegetables full of vitamins.
Milk Nutrition Facts
According to the USDA, one 8-ounce serving (1 cup) of reduced fat (2%) milk provides:
- Calories: 122
- Protein: 8 g
- Total fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 12 g (naturally occurring)
Additionally, this serving size of milk boasts 50% of your daily needs of vitamin B12, 25% of your daily calcium needs and 15% of your daily needs of potassium and vitamin D, all in just 122 calories. Not to mention, it’s way more affordable than many nondairy milk alternatives, like almond or oat milks. But what exactly happens to your body when you drink milk every day? We dug into the research to share just that.
(Note: For our purposes, a serving of milk is 8 ounces. In other words, this is the size of a small glass, not a large 16-ounce pint glass.)
Notes milk soup with chicken:
- The most important point in making the milk soup delicious is to soak the oats in hot water for at least 6 hours before cooking.
- Discard the water you soaked the oats completely, wash them well, and cook them. Adding this water to the soup makes it sour.
- Do not use any spices to have an attractive milk soup. Using salt and pepper is enough to add flavor to the soup.
- Avoid using lemon juice to flavor the soup while cooking; this will curdle the milk.
- Hot and boiled milk is considered a cooking step in the preparation of milk soup.
- Cold milk will cut the soup and spoil its beautiful appearance.
- Do not underestimate the electric meat grinder; With its help, you will have a light, smooth, and uniform soup.
- At the end of cooking and when serving, use lemon juice to flavor the soup.
- For faster cooking in making milk soup, replace the flaked oats with peeled oats, and don’t worry about changing their original taste.
- Leave the lid pot half-open during the entire cooking time.
- Stir the milk soup every few minutes; this is the only solution to prevent the oats from sticking to the bottom of the container.
- You can also add corn and carrots according to your taste to milk soup.
You can also read ash jo recipe.
1.What is milk soup with chicken?
Milk soup with chicken breast is a delicious soup with excellent health benefits, and It is prepared from chicken breast, milk, cream, and vegetables.
2.Which part of the chicken should I use for soup?
It is better to use chicken breast for cooking soup and chicken. It is a source of protein and is easier to cook.
3.If there is no milk, which dairy product should I replace?
You can use heavy cream instead of milk, and it provides excellent concentration for soup.
4.Can I add vegetables to the soup?
The best option is to use vegetables such as carrots, celery, and corn in the milk soup.
5.Can milk soup with chicken be stored in the freezer?
This is possible, but I do not recommend this because the milk is cut, and it is possible to spoil it.
6.How do I reheat the soup?
Stir slowly in a suitable container on the gas stove; if it is too thick, add some fresh milk.
7.Is this soup suitable for children?
It is completely suitable because it is full of calcium and protein, suitable for children.