Whenever I return from a trip to Rodbar, zeytoon parvardeh is the first thing I buy. The best souvenirs that can be bought from the north, after Fuman cookies, are olives grown here. I usually buy ready-made olives, but I have provided you with an excellent recipe you can easily prepare at home.
For this reason, I would like to say that you should buy it from outside, because all the ingredients of this product are fresh in the north, such as pomegranate paste, which makes this product tastier.
Table of the nutritional value of zeytoon parvardeh
Ingredients for zeytoon parvardeh
|Dry mint powder
How to make Zeytoon Parvardeh?
zeytoon parvardeh, or Persian Marinated Olives, is a Persian dessert. This dessert combines olives, pomegranate paste, walnuts, and aromatic Iranian vegetables. Persian marinated olives and salad shirazi are suitable desserts to serve with Persian foods.
Zeytoon Parvardeh, also, is a popular dessert in Iranian cuisine. Persian marinated olives are often served at gatherings and special occasions, such as weddings and holidays.
1. To prepare delicious zeytoon parvardeh, first taste the pitted olives. If they are salty or sour, put them in a bowl and pour water up to the surface of the olives and let them stay in the water for 1 hour until they are soaked and the saltiness or sourness will disappear.
2. Then we drain and let the extra water come out. Grind the walnuts twice and pour them into a bowl. Add olives to it and add pomegranate concentrate and pomegranate juice to the ingredients in the bowl.
3. Now, we smoothly mix the ingredients with a spoon and add dry mint powder, thyme powder, pomegranate seeds, and olive oil to the ingredients and stir all the ingredients smoothly with a spoon until the olives are flavoured with dried vegetables.
4. Then we pour the ingredients into the container we want, close the lid tightly and put it in the refrigerator for 1 day so that the taste of all the ingredients is mixed together, and then you can eat and enjoy.
History of olive?
It is impossible to estimate when the olive left the wild state accurately, came under farmers’ control, and was used as a garden fruit.
The many references in the Bible about this plant and its production and its implied abundance in the land of Canaan and a region in Syria, where olives have always been important for the economy of its inhabitants, lead to the conclusion that Syria was the birthplace of olives.
Probably at first, a modified species fell into the hands of some small sect of Semites, and gradually, it spread among the surrounding tribes and, with the least effort, was bred to a great extent. In the dry climate of the east.
This oily substance was considered a vital substance for health, and the fruit of this tree was a symbol of peace and goodwill among the barbarian warriors in those early times.
In a later era and simultaneously with the development of maritime organizations, this oil was transferred as one of the commercial items to the countries of Asia Minor and maritime regions, and undoubtedly, the olive plant also spread after that.
This dessert, along with samanu are best Persian dessert in the world.
Benefits for zeytoon parvardeh
- The properties of cultivated olives for men:
zeytoon parvardeh ingredients such as walnuts and olives contain various salts and antioxidants that strengthen men’s sexual power. The result of this issue will be to increase the quality of sex in men and provide energy to the body.
It also has a lot of vitamins, and usually, men absorb a small amount of vitamins during the day; consuming cultivated olives with food will cause you to get a lot of vitamins, which you can read in the table of vitamins in the first article.
Reducing blood sugar with zeytoon parvardeh:
Zeytoon parvardeh with pomegranate seeds and pomegranate concentrate paste stimulates the insulin glands and lowers blood sugar. Patients with high blood sugar are advised to include olives and their products in their meals in moderation.
The benefits of cultivated olives for the digestive system:
Suffering from many digestive problems, such as constipation, occurs due to the lack of proper functioning of the digestive system.
Because there is also fiber in the ingredients of zeytoon parvardeh, consuming this food facilitates bowel movements and prevents digestive problems. So, use cultivated olives to improve the function of the digestive system.
Are Persian marinated olives slimming?
Marinated olives are delicious seasonings that can reduce appetite and make a person feel full. Serotonin is the hormone that creates this feeling of satiety. As a result, the person gains less weight.
Of course, you must observe the balance in its consumption.
Due to the high-calorie content of this fruit, you should not consume it every day and use it in moderation with your meals, usually 5 or 6 at lunch.
On average, every 100 grams of zeytoon parvardeh contains 450 calories.
10 Notes for Making Delicious Zeytoon Parvardeh:
1. The main vegetable for making zeytoon parvardeh in the north is chochag. Still, since this vegetable is only found in the north, you can use a combination of mint and coriander instead.
2. If the olives were bitter, what should we do to make zeytoon parvardeh?
If your olives are bitter, boil them several times and drain the water to remove the bitterness.
3. What will be the effect of using too much or too little pomegranate and walnuts in Iranian marinated olives?
If you use more walnuts in Persian marinated olives, the color of it will be lighter, and if you use more pomegranates, its color will be darker.
4. Better taste of zeytoon parvardeh with small or large olives?
The olives you use should be green, pitted, and small. The smaller the olives are, the tastier they are, and the better the flavor of this dessert will you have. Therefore, never use pitted and large olives to prepare this appetizer.
5. How do we know if the olives are fresh?
The olives used must be fresh. To test their freshness, it is necessary to taste one of them. The olive under the teeth should be neither too hard nor too loose.
6. What should we do to prevent olives from becoming bitter quickly?
The walnuts you use should be of good quality and fresh because adding old walnuts to this dessert will quickly make this appetizer taste bitter.
7. Preventing a mold of olives:
Before you add the olives to your mixture, do not wash them with water, as this will cause zeytoon parvardeh to mold.
8. Pomegranate concentrate is suitable for preparing olives:
The pomegranate concentrate used to prepare olives should be sour and sweet. Never use completely sweet or very sour pomegranate concentrate to flavor this appetizer.
9. Do not add this vegetable to zeytoon parvardeh:
Never use fresh onions or cheese in preparing this appetizer. Some people also add aromatic herbs to flavor this appetizer, which is not good, except for the local aromatic herbs that grow in the north of the country.
10. If you want to lighten your olive color, you can increase the number of walnuts a bit, and if you want to get a darker olive color, you can increase the amount of pomegranate concentrate and pomegranate seeds.
Olive oil is the natural oil extracted from olives, the fruit of the olive tree.
About 14% of the oil is saturated fat, whereas 11% is polyunsaturated, such as omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids .
But the predominant fatty acid in olive oil is a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid, making up 73% of the total oil content.
Studies suggest that oleic acid reduces inflammation and may even have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.
1. Can I use black olives instead of green olives for Zeytoon Parvardeh?
Yes, you can use black olives if you prefer. But it is better to use green olives to contain the original taste.
2. How long can I store Zeytoon Parvardeh in the refrigerator?
Zeytoon Parvardeh will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
3. Is Zeytoon Parvardeh vegan?
Yes, Zeytoon Parvardeh is vegan as long as you use vegan-friendly ingredients.
4. Where did Zeytoon Parvardeh come from?
Zeytoon parvardeh is produced in the north of Iran, and the cities of Rudbar and Gilan are also the main places for producing Persian marinated olives.
Did you like Persian marinated olives?
- If you have experience eating zeytoon parvardeh, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest this Persian dessert.
- You can ask me questions about Persian marinated olives in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this dessert and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.