Bahar narenj drink is one of the summer and spring Persian drinks, which is very delicious and easy to prepare and it takes very little time to prepare it. Bahar narenj is a plant that can be used from the time it blooms and grows until the fruit ripens and it has a hot and dry nature.
Bahar narenj is actually the blossoming of the sour orange tree which makes this tree twice as beautiful in spring. Bahar narenj blossoms are dried and used in all kinds of teas and syrups because it is full of properties and tonic. It is good for digestive disorders and relieves heartache and stomach ache.
By eating this syrup you will have a very peaceful sleep. It also relaxes the nerves and has positive effects on the nervous system. This syrup, sharbat beh limoo, and rose water syrup are the best Persian drink.
Bahar narenj syrup has different types that we will introduce you to in this article on meals cook site and also explain how to prepare them.So be with us.
1. Bahar Narenj drink with bahar narenj juice
2. Bahar narenj drink with blossom
3. Bahar narenj drink and saffron
4. Bahar narenj drink and rose water
5. Bahar narenj drink and chia seeds
6. Bahar narenj drink and khakshir
7. Bahar narenj drink and honey
1. Bahar narenj drink with bahar narenj juice:
For: 2 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How to make bahar narenj syrup with bahar narenj juice? (bahar narenj syrup recipe)
One of the easiest ways to make homemade and delicious bahar narenj syrup is to use bahar narenj juice (aragh bahar narenj). You can add some bahar narenj juice to a simple saffron syrup to add a wonderful flavor to your drink.
You can also read the article about ice in paradise: yakh dar behesht
|Bahar narenj juice (aragh bahar narenj)
1. Boil sugar with water:
In the first step of how to prepare homemade syrup with bahar narenj juice, you should pour the mixture of sugar and water into the pot. Turn on the gas flame with low heat and start stirring the sugar and water mixture. Continue this until the sugar particles are completely dissolved in the water.
2. Add bahar narenj juice, rose water, and saffron to the syrup:
At this stage of making bahar narenj and saffron syrup, you can add bahar narenj juice to the syrup. After a few seconds you can pour the brewed saffron into the pot along with some rose water
3. Boiling bahar narenj syrup:
At this stage, you should let the syrup boil a little on the heat and thicken slowly. Be careful not to harden the sugar around the pot and if you see it as soon as possible clean it with a brush.
4. Adding lemon juice to bahar narenj drink:
After the syrup has thickened a little, at this stage of the recipe for homemade bahar narenj and saffron syrup, you can add lemon juice to it. Using sour lemon juice makes your syrup not sugary. After two minutes you can remove the syrup from the heat
5. Preparing bahar narenj syrup:
In the last step of how to prepare bahar narenj syrup, you must let your syrup cool completely. After cooling you can pour the syrup into a jar and put it in the refrigerator. The way to use bahar narenj syrup is to pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of the syrup into a glass. Then add some cold water to it and enjoy
2. Bahar narenj drink with blossom:
For: 2 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
How to make bahar narenj drink with flowers?
Making Bahar narenj syrup with its fresh and fragrant blossoms definitely has a more attractive taste than this drink spirit. If you have access to the fragrant sour orange blossoms in any form, it is better to use fresh blossoms instead of orange blossoms to make this delicious and pleasant Iranian drink.
|Bahar narenj blossom
|Green cardamom powder
1. Washing bahar narenj blossoms:
In the first step of how to prepare bahar narenj syrup with blossoms, you should separate the blossoms put them in a colander, and wash them well.
2. Taking the bitterness of blossoms:
In the second step, like how to prepare bahar narenj jam, you need to take the bitterness of the blossoms. Pour the bahar narenj blossoms into the pot and put it on the heat with 2 liters of water until it boils. When the water in the pot boils and boils a few times, you should pour them into a colander and wash them with cold water. Then repeat this step 3 more times until the bitterness of blossoms is completely gone.
3. Add sugar to juice:
After you have taken the bitterness, in this step of preparing syrup, you have to pour bahar narenj into the pot and add some cold water to it. Then add sugar to it and let the blossoms stay in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
4. Boiling bahar narenj syrup:
After this time, put the pot on the heat until it boils. Then reduce the gas flame and let it boil slowly until it thickens.
5. Add lemon juice and cardamom powder:
After your syrup has thickened a little, in this step of how to prepare delicious and simple homemade bahar narenj syrup, you can add lemon juice and cardamom powder to the syrup. After a few stirs, turn off the gas heat
6. Making bahar narenj syrup:
To make bahar narenj drink, you can pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of juice into a glass and then fill the rest of the glass with water, stir the syrup, and drink it.
3. Bahar narenj drink and saffron:
How to make bahar narenj syrup and saffron?
|Half a cup
|Bahar narenj juice (aragh bahar narenj)
|Sour lemon juice
1. In the first step, mix water and sugar together until the sugar grains are completely dissolved in the water.
2. In the next step, add bahar narenj juice and stir the mixture. Add saffron to the syrup mixture and stir for 5 minutes on low heat until your syrup solution becomes thicker and clearer.
3. In the third step, add lemon juice to the syrup solution. This will make your syrup not sugary, and if you want to keep it in the refrigerator you can use it for several weeks.
4. Stir the ingredients until they are mixed, wait until the temperature of the syrup drops completely, then drink it with a few pieces of ice.
4. Bahar narenj drink and rose water:
This syrup is very useful for soothing nerves. The combination of rose water and bahar narenj is anticonvulsant. This drink is effective in improving anxiety and depression. Most people serve this soothing syrup in their mourning ceremonies.
In traditional medicine, this syrup is recommended for the prevention of heart attacks, because bahar narenj and rose water are both effective in regulating the heart rate. People with high blood pressure can help regulate blood pressure, protect blood vessels, and prevent heart and brain attacks by drinking this syrup and rose water.
You can also use this drink blossoms in the preparation of tea. Among the properties of bahar narenj and rose water tea, we can mention its anti-stress and relaxing properties.
To prepare this syrup with rose water, do the same as the previous recipe remove the saffron and add 2 tablespoons of rose water instead.
5. Bahar narenj drink and chia seeds:
To prepare spring orange syrup and chia seeds, soak chia seeds in the size of half a glass and wash them several times until the soil is removed. Then mix with the above-mentioned bahar narenj ingredients and add a little honey instead of sugar, the size of a tablespoon. Mix all the ingredients and put it in the refrigerator to cool.
6. Bahar narenj drink and khakshir:
One of the most popular summer syrups is bahar narenj drink and khakshir. This syrup is very easy to prepare and has many properties for the body. Khakshir is an anti-flatulent and anti-constipation drug and its combination with this drink helps with digestive problems.
Those who have seasonal allergies and dry coughs can drink bahar narenj with khakshir syrup. This syrup reduces throat inflammation and reduces cough.
Both Khakshir and Bahar narenj drink are rich in antioxidants. This drink helps to reduce body inflammation, protect body cells, and fight cancer.
Bahar Narenj has a hot temper and may not be suitable for those with a hot temper. Khakshir has a cold nature and its use in this syrup creates balance.
This drink contains a substance called alkaloids. This substance helps to increase body metabolism, reduce appetite, and lose weight. Note that weight loss is not possible without a healthy diet plan and this drink is only a helper.
7. Bahar narenj drink and honey:
This syrup is very suitable for those who have digestive problems and stomachache. Bahar narenj drink and honey are both useful for stomach aches. This syrup helps to reduce reflux and stomach acid.
Honey is effective in repairing damaged tissues. For this reason, for people who have stomach ulcers or duodenal ulcers, it is better to use honey in their syrup instead of sugar.
This syrup is also a good choice for patients with diabetes. Honey if consumed in moderation can control blood sugar, so it is a good substitute for sugar. People who are on a diet should use natural honey instead of sugar.
Notes for bahar narenj drink:
- If you wish you can add some chia seeds or khakshir to a simple bahar narenj drink.
- Lemon juice is added to prevent the syrup from becoming sugary. If you want you can use fresh lemon instead of lemon juice.
- Adding saffron to this drink is completely tasteful, you can remove saffron if you wish.
- If you are preparing this drink with its juice, you can put some dry bahar narenj, bahar narenj blossoms, and cardamom to make the syrup fragrant and then put it in the pot during the preparation of the syrup.
- In the recipe for this syrup with honey, you can use different types of honey instead of sugar to sweeten your drink.
- After preparing this drink, you should put it in a container with a closed lid and put it in the refrigerator.
- The steps for making dried syrup are the same as fresh bahar narenj syrup, but the aroma of bahar narenj syrup prepared with fresh blossoms is usually more. In the meantime, it is better to soak the dried bahar narenj in cold water beforehand and drain them.
- For the preparation of bahar narenj syrup and rose water, in the last step of the preparation of this syrup, in the last 10 minutes add as much rose water as desired and turn off the heat after it thickens.
- To prepare bahar narenj with bidmeshk syrup, add the desired amount of bidmeshk juice to bahar narenj while it is thickening. The taste of this drink should be more dominant than the taste of bidmeshk.
Properties of bahar narenj drink:
Among the incredible properties of bahar narenj, we can mention the treatment of sleep disorders, the treatment of nervous headaches,the removal of kidney stones, consecutive abdominal pains, stomach bloating pains, relaxation and reduction of anxiety, and the removal of sadness and depression.
There is almost no soothing potion in perfumery that does not use bahar narenj.A potion to relieve anxiety with a unique aroma. This is the reason why a lot of bahar narenj tea is used in traditional medicine.
People who have problems with constipation can also get help from Bahar Narenj to solve this disease.
Disadvantages of bahar narenj drink:
Undoubtedly, moderate consumption of bahar narenj syrup does not lead to serious side effects. However, heart patients and those with high blood pressure should not use bahar narenj without consulting a doctor.
Consuming a lot of bahar narenj syrup and tea causes high blood pressure and as a result heart rate increases. Bahar narenj is one of the herbs that should not be consumed during pregnancy without consulting a doctor. There is not enough evidence about the harmlessness of bahar narenj on the mother and the fetus. Therefore, it is better not to consume bahar narenj syrup and tea during pregnancy.
One of the most important contraindications for the use of bahar narenj is for those who use anti-anxiety and depression drugs. It is necessary to consult a doctor before use because bahar narenj may interact with depression medications.
1. How to use bahar narenj syrup?
To make bahar narenj syrup, you can pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of juice into a glass and then fill the rest of the glass with water, stir the syrup, and drink it.
2. Does bahar narenj syrup cause weight loss?
A substance called an alkaloid in bahar narenj helps to increase body metabolism and reduce appetite and weight loss, but its syrup has a lot of sugar and does not cause weight loss.
3. What is bahar narenj syrup good for?
This syrup is very useful for treating digestive disorders, and sleep disorders, calming nerves and removing kidney stones, strengthening the body’s immune system, treating nervous headaches and migraines, as well as relieving constipation and losing weight.
4. Bahar narenj syrup is not suitable for whom?
Heart patients, pregnant women, hot-tempered people, and people with high blood pressure.
5. To whom is bahar narenj syrup with honey recommended?
People who have digestive problems such as stomachache, ulcers, and gastritis.
Did you like a recipe for bahar narenj drink?
- If you have experience eating bahar narenj drink, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this drink.
- You can ask me questions about this Persian drink in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this drink and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on @mealscook Facebook & mail.