Persian sour cherry tea is one of the most colorful and tasty teas that is prepared in the spring when the sour cherries ripen.
Sour cherry is a fruit with many therapeutic and medicinal properties such as treating arthritis, and muscle pain, improving sleep at night, reducing diabetes and blood pressure, and reducing inflammation and burning, It is useful for weight loss and it is a rich source of antioxidants.
It must be said that this tea is not only a refreshing drink but also has various health benefits.
persian Sour cherry is a sour and delicious fruit from the cherry family. This fruit has valuable properties and that is why it is very popular among Iranians. This fruit is consumed fresh, frozen, and even dry. Sour cherry jam and syrup have been seen on Iranian tables in the summer season since the past until today.
Tea is also a popular Iranian drink. In addition to the constant consumption of black tea, they prepare a variety of teas from the leaves of plants and dried fruits. Sour cherry tea is easy to prepare and does not have any particular complexity.
This tea has exactly the same nutrients and vitamins as sour cherries so it can be used for serving at parties or gatherings. On summer nights and beautiful spring days, this delicious tea will have a very good taste with a cake.
Sour cherry tea has a pleasant aroma, vivid red color, and fruity sour taste. This tea can be made with a variety of sweet and sour fruits, fresh sour cherry, or dried sour cherry.
A brief history of Persian sour cherry tea:
The colors of Persian sour cherry tea fruit are from light red to dark red and from the past it was believed that darker sour cherries have a higher quality but today this belief has become a reality and science has proven that the darker the color of the sour cherry, the more nutrients, vitamins, and more minerals are enclosed in it.
According to ancient documents in 72 BC, a person named Lucius Lichinius brought sour cherries to Rome from what is now Anatolia.
It is also mentioned in history that “Henry VIII” one of the kings of England in the 16th century AD loved sour cherries and its tea! This drink is served with Persian tea and gol gav zaban at parties and for breakfast and dinner.
In this article, we are going to introduce you to how to prepare Persian sour cherry tea and its benefits. So be with us at meals cook site.
You can use Persian saffron rock candy with this tea.
How to make Persian sour cherry tea with fresh sour cherry?
Sour cherry tea recipe
Persian sour cherry tea tastes great and if you haven’t tried it yet you should try it one time. Prepare the following ingredients and follow the preparation steps listed at the bottom of the table. After reading it, you can have a hot cherry drink in less than 15 minutes.
If you like sour dessert please read: Lavashak.
For: 4 to 5 people
Preparation time: 10 to 15 minutes
Ingredients Persian sour cherry tea:
|Fresh sour cherry
Instruction Persian Sour Cherry Tea:
Making Persian sour cherry tea is not difficult and you can simply make it and enjoy it.It is possible to prepare sour cherry tea in different ways and you can choose any of those methods based on your convenience. The simplest steps to prepare sour cherry tea are as follows:
1. The first step to making sour cherry tea is to wash the cherries well at the beginning and remove the stems and leaves if they are attached. It is very important to wash the sour cherries and it is better to pour them all in a container, add enough water to it and let them stay for 15 minutes, then drain.
2. Now pour the washed sour cherries into the teapot pour two glasses of water on it and let it boil. After the water starts to boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer.
3. After 10 to 15 minutes, drink it. If you see that the color of the sour cherry has turned white your tea has brewed.
4. Next filter the Persian sour cherry tea and pour it into the desired glass. If you like add some honey or candy to the tea at this stage and stir. After the tea reaches the desired temperature, drink it.
You can also read Persian mint tea.
How to make Persian sour cherry tea with dried sour cherry? (how to make cherry tea)
For: 4 to 5 people
Preparation time: 10 to 15 minutes
It is possible to make beautiful sour cherry tea with fresh and dried cherries. So you can make sour cherry tea by using dried cherries instead of fresh cherries. In this method, you can use both dried sour cherries with seeds and sour cherries without seeds! The preparation method is as follows:
To do this the preparation method is exactly the same as the one we talked about above. With difference is that you can soak the sour cherries for about 10 to 15 minutes before making the tea to make your tea taste better and its color more attractive. Then brew it like the previous method and finally pour it into the glass and drink it.
You can also read: Best Blooming Tea Recipe for Weight Loss
Sour Cherry Tea Benefits:
In the following, we have provided you with 8 incredible sour cherry tea benefits, knowing that you will drink sour cherry tea instead of coffee tomorrow.
Anti-cancer: This tea can help reduce the risk of tumors and cancer due to the antioxidants found in sour cherries.
Lowering blood pressure: Helps lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart attack stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.
Anti-inflammatory: It reduces inflammation, muscle pain as well as pain caused by arthritis, gout, and headache.
Strengthening the body’s immune system: Due to the presence of antioxidants, it strengthens the body’s immune system and plays a role in the body’s detoxification process.
Reducing the level of uric acid: Dry or fresh cherry tea lowers the level of uric acid in the blood.
High uric acid levels can cause stone deposition in the kidney and various other discomforts.
Insomnia treatment: “Melatonin” found in cherries helps to reduce stress and regulate sleep patterns.
Reducing cough: In some cases, this tea has been mentioned as a relief for respiratory problems including cough relief. This tea contains “cyanogenic glycosides” including “prunasin” which can be effective in reducing cough.
Aids in digestion: This tea helps in digestion and relieves constipation. Antioxidants in cherries stimulate digestive secretions, bile, and enzymes that help the body absorb nutrients during digestion.
You can also read persian saffron rock candy.
Cherry tea side effects:
Sour cherries are useful for people who have a hot temper or are suffering from heat. But it is not useful for people who are cold-tempered and these people should consume cherries with hot and dry foods such as spices and saffron.
Notes for Persian sour cherry tea:
Preparing Persian sour cherry tea is very easy and simple and does not require special skills but there are some tips that make it taste better and help people while preparing it. These points include:
- Change the amount of sugar and honey according to the sourness and sweetness of the sour cherries.
- It is better not to remove the core of the cherry but you can remove the core if you like.
- Fresh sour cherries have more color.
- When the cherries turn pale it means they are fully ripe.
- You can pour candy into the teapot from the beginning.
- Use candy or honey to sweeten the taste of tea.
- The tea is brewed when the sour cherries are almost colorless.
- Note that you should not drink too much of this tea because this fruit has a cold nature and drinking too much of it may cause harmless side effects.
1. What effect does sour cherry tea have on weight loss?
Sour cherry tea removes toxins and reduces abdominal fat. Drinking sour cherry tea before meals reduces appetite.
2. Can pregnant women drink sour cherry tea?
Yes, sour cherry tea helps to reduce nausea, improve sleep reduce glucose in the mother, and improve blood supply and nutrition to the fetus.
3. Is sour cherry tea good for fatty liver?
Yes, sour cherry tea increases the volume of urine, removes toxins, and reduces swelling and inflammation of the liver and kidneys. It is useful for controlling fatty liver.
4. How to prepare Persian sour cherry tea?
Pour some sour cherries with or without seeds into the teapot and add 2 glasses of boiling water. Then let it brew for 20 minutes.
5. Does Persian sour cherry tea have the same vitamins and nutrients as its fruit?
Yes, all properties of sour cherry fruit are present in its tea.
6. What is sour cherry tea good for?
Consuming this tea is useful for insomnia, constipation, diarrhea in pregnant women, blood pressure reduction, and kidney and liver purification.
7. What are the disadvantages of cherry tea?
Sour cherry tea is not harmful but excessive consumption is not recommended for pregnant women and people with a cold temperament.
8. What kind of cherry tea is best?
The cherry tea made with fresh cherries has a better color and taste
Did you like the recipe for Persian sour cherry tea?
- If you have experience eating sour cherry tea, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this drink.
- You can ask me questions about this Persian drink in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this drink and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on @mealscook Facebook & mail.