In today’s world of attractive finger foods Dolmeh Barg Mo or Dolma stands out as a delicious and tempting forerunner.
Dolmeh is a food that has a homely flavor and is full of good childhood memories for many of us. This dolmeh and Persian stuffed onions is the best Iranian stuffed.
What is dolmeh barg mo?
Dolmeh barg mo is one of the most delicious international traditional dishes, which is cooked in different ways and flavors in all cities in Iran, but the most famous Iranian dolmeh belongs to the city of Tabriz, which has a special recipe.
The way to prepare this dolma is very easy and does not require special skills and to make it you just need to follow the principles of cooking to get the best and most original taste of this dish.
This food is a bite-sized dish that is cooked with various raw materials throughout the Middle East, Mediterranean countries, and Eastern Europe.
It’s better to know that the word dolmeh in Turkish means stuffed, but the origin of this dish is not clear.
There are various ways to make this food, one of the best of which is to use leaves or grape leaves, and they also cook it using fresh and aromatic vegetables, minced meat, and spices.
To make these small packages filled with all kinds of fresh and delicious food,stay with the cooking section of meals cook to teach you how to make delicious and authentic Iranian dolmeh barg mo.
You can also read dolmeh bademjan recipe.
How to make dolmeh barg mo?
Dolmeh barg mo recipe
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 1 hour
Dolmeh barg mo have 167 calories per 100 grams
|Half grain rice
|Split yellow peas
|Vine leaves (hair leaves)
|salt,turmeric powder and black pepper
|Dolmeh vegetables (parsley,mint,tarragon,dill,chives and savory)
Ingredients for seasoning:
|salt and sugar
|Barberry to decorate
Instruction for dolmeh barg mo:
1. At the beginning of the preparation of dolmeh barg mo, pour split yellow peas into some water so that they get wet and reduce their swelling.
This also helps to cook them more easily. After soaking them, pour them into a pot with some water and salt and let them cook.
2. In the next step, prepare another pot and pour some water and some salt into it, and put it on the gas stove to boil. Then clean and wash the rice and add it to the pot and wait for it to cook.
3. Try the rice and when the grains are a bit soft, rinse and set aside. Rice cooking time is 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Peel the onion. Wash and then cut into slices. Then prepare the pan and pour some oil in it and let it heat up.
5. Then add the onions and fry until soft, then add black pepper and turmeric powder and stir until the flavors are well mixed.
6. In the next step, add the minced meat to the onions and stir and saute until the color of the meat changes and it is fried after frying take the pan off the gas stove.
7. In the next step, clean and wash the vegetables. Dolmeh vegetables usually include parsley, mint, tarragon, dill, chives, and savory.
After washing, finely chop the vegetables and add them to the meat and onion mixture after it cools down a bit. Then add cooked yellow split peas and rice to other ingredients and mix well until they are uniform.
8. In the next step, choose a pot and pour some water in it and put it on the stove to boil, then pour the vine leaves in it and leave it in the boiling water for 2–3 minutes, then take it out and wash with lukewarm water.
9. Now, from the left side, guide the claws of the leave to the middle of the leave and fold all the windows one by one until you reach the right side of the leave, fold all the claws one by one until you reach the right side of the leaves.
Note that you should do this carefully, if the amount of intermediate ingredients is high the dolmeh may open during cooking, if the amount of ingredients is low, your dolmeh will not taste good.
Pay attention to wrapping the leaves a little tightly so that they do not open when moving in the pot or when serving. Then pour some oil into a pot and put the wrapped slices in it.
Instruction for seasoning:
1. To prepare this sauce, at this stage, according to your taste mix some pomegranate concentrate, sugar, and salt together.
2. If you are also a fan of sweetness taste you can increase the amount of sugar and add less sugar if you want your dolmeh to be more sour.
3. Pour the sauce on the slices and allow 10 to 15 minutes for the sauce to be absorbed by the slices and the color of the slices will be a little darker. So easily, your very delicious dolmeh is ready to serve.
4. You can store these food in the freezer even for several months. After the dolmeh barge mo are ready, put them in a suitable dish and serve it with bread.
You can also read kaleh joosh recipe.
Tips on how to prepare dolmehe barge mo:
- We usually make this dish without minced meat But in some regions, dolmeh barg mo is eaten only with minced meat. If you cannot use meat for any reason, you can also use soy. You can also use a combination of half soy and half minced meat.
- Instead of pomegranate concentrate you can use natural lemon juice or water and vinegar in the dolmeh seasoning.
- The important thing that you should pay attention to at this stage is the heat of your pot, if it is high, the water will evaporate quickly and your dolma will burn, and if it is low it will take a long time for the leaves to change color. So be careful at this stage.
- Depending on the size of the pot and the amount of this food you may need more water and more time for cooking.
- Be sure to check the water, if this food hasn’t changed color yet, you should add boiling water little by little.
- Before cooking, soak the yellow split peas in water for a few hours to remove the swelling.
- For not falling apart your food it is better to cook it at low heat.
- Boiling the leaves will help soften them and prevent them from breaking when wrapping this food. The time of boiling leaves depends on whether the leaves are old or young. If the leaf is young and fresh, it needs to be boiled for 2–3 minutes to soften.
- Be careful when adding water to this because it can ruin all your efforts. The water should be low and below the surface of this food. If you pour too much water, this food will fall apart and spoil the appearance of the food.
You can also read : qurutub recipe.
For those watching their weight, grape leaves are very low in calories — about 14 calories for every five leaves. For general health and wellness, grape leaves are a good source of nutrients, including vitamins C, E, A, K and B6, plus niacin, iron, fiber, riboflavin, folate, calcium, magnesium, copper and manganese. A single heart-healthy serving, or one cup of grape leaves, has no fat or cholesterol and is very low in sodium and sugar.
Tips on choosing best vine leaves:
- The best leaves for making crispy and delicious dolmeh barg mo are young leaves that are the size of your palm.
- Pickling of this food depends on your taste. You can add more vinegar to make it more sour.
- Add sugar to make it sweeter. The seasoning of dolmeh barge mo is similar to sekanjebin syrup. But most people like this food with a somehow sour taste.
- The leaves should not be too big that they lose their softness and freshness, or too small that they cannot be folded or give you a very small dolmeh.
- It should be noted that if there was a leave that was smaller than the normal size or had a tear in it, you can put two small leaves on top of each other and wrap both of them together.
Benefits of dolmeh:
- The properties of dolmeh barg mo in preventing anemia:
Vine leaves are rich in iron, which prevents anemia in humans. Iron plays an essential role in the formation of hemoglobin in the red blood cells of each person.
- The benefits of vine leaves to strengthen the immune system:
It is interesting to know that grape leaves are rich in vitamin C. This vitamin is very useful for the body and is the best vitamin for increasing the immune system and protecting the body.
FAQ dolmeh barg mo
1. Can i freeze dolmeh barg mo?
Yes, You can store these food in the freezer even for several months.
2. What is serve with dolmeh barge mo?
dolme is sreved with, mast o musir, mast o khiar, zeytoon parvardeh, torshi liteh and torshi albaloo.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience with making dolmeh barge mo.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this glazed without meat .
- You can ask me questions about the Persian stuffed grape leaves recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this sweet and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook & YouTube.