Ghalieh kadoo is a lesser-known stew, but at the same time, it is very nutritious and delicious. If you love pumpkin like me, you will definitely like this unique stew. It is a unique combination of pumpkin with onions, black-eyed peas, and various spices.
I have prepared for you an excellent recipe for ghalieh kadoo that I learned from my grandmother. Be sure to stay with me until the end of the article, and you will not lose.
Ghalieh kadoo halvaei Ingredients:
|Ground almonds and walnuts
1. At first, for making ghalieh kadoo you should wash black-eyed peas and pour them into a bowl. Then, soak black-eyed peas in water for hours to eliminate the bloating. At this time, you should change the water several times.
2. Now, pick up a large onion. Wash and peel it. Then we chop it finely. Pick up a pot and pour oil in it. Put it on the flame on high heat and pour onion into it. Let it fry until it becomes golden.
3. At this time, until the onion is fried, pick up the pumpkin, wash it, and then cut it into small pieces with a sharp knife.
4. When the onion is fried, add a little salt to it. Note that you should not add too much salt. It should only be enough to give the food flavor.
5. Now add pumpkins to the pot. Then, remove the water from the soaked black-eyed peas and pour it into the pot.
6. Cover the pot lid with 1 cup of water. Increase the gas flame and let it boil. After that, reduce the gas flame.
7. Wait for about 45 minutes until 1 hour to cook. Now serve your delicious ghalieh kadoo in your desired dish and sprinkle ground walnut and almonds. Enjoy eating it with your family.
Related: khoresh kadoo halvaie.
My experience table:
|My level of interest is from 1 to 10
|The ease of cooking
|What is served with?
|sir torshi, borani esfenaj, sabzi khordan
How is ghalieh kadoo served?
Usually, pumpkin roe is served with Iranian rice. You can also eat it with sangak bread or lavash bread. Along with this food, you can also eat vegetables, yogurt, and cucumber.
Notes khoresh kadoo halvaei:
- Instead of black-eyed peas, you can use mung beans or lentils according to your taste.
- If the pumpkin is not sweet, use as much sugar as you like to make it a little sweeter.
- Some people serve and eat this food with bread and some with rice.
You can also read: morghe porteghali.
Pumpkin is a natural source of many immune health-supporting nutrients, including vitamin C, zinc, and selenium. And since proper hydration can impact immune health as well, the fact that pumpkin is approximately 90% water helps highlight another reason why this food can be an important part of an immune health-supporting diet.
1. What are the main ingredients of ghalieh kadoo halvaei?
Pumpkin and beans or lentils are the main ingredients of ghalieh kadoo halvaei.
2. Is this stew suitable for vegans?
Yes, this stew is very suitable for vegans due to the presence of pumpkin and beans and the fact that it does not contain meat.
3. What things are served with pumpkin roe?
It is served with pickled garlic pumpkin roe, vegetables, yogurt, and cucumber.
4. Can I freeze this stew?
You can store this stew in a closed container in the freezer for 3 weeks.