Kebab tabei is the only fast food option that must have meat. Whenever we come from outside and don’t want to eat eggs, we quickly mix minced meat with onions and spices and make kateh rice. A quick and excellent dish, tomato sauce is great if we make it with it.
To make this delicious homemade kebab sooner, we can put it in the air oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Kabab tabei is one of the most popular homemade Iranian kebabs. The reason for the popularity of this kebab is that it has an easy recipe, and everyone can prepare it at home the most important reason for the popularity of kabab tabei is its very good taste.
Most of the kebabs, such as chelo kabab koobideh, Chenjeh kebab, etc, have entered homes from restaurants. It is considered an instant food because of the speed of its preparation. You can prepare this kabab in the oven on the gas or even in the solar system.
Kabab tabei is a very complete food that shows its high nutritional value when you don’t have much time to prepare a hearty and special meal.
This Persian pan kabob is served along with zeytoon parvardeh, seer torshi, salad Shirazi, mast o khiar, mast musir, and Persian doogh.
Preparing kabab tabei is very important for most people because who does not want to have a barbecue meal that is ready quickly and does not have the trouble of making a fire and charcoal?
Almost all Iranians know this delicious food, and it doesn’t need much introduction. It is enough to know that cooking kabab tabei does not require cooking skills.
Whether you cook kabab tabei with veal or mutton, in any case, as long as it is cooked, its pleasant smell has a great effect on making you hungry, especially at lunchtime.
My experience table:
|My level of interest is from 1 to 10
|The ease of cooking
|Daily meal, party meal
|What is served with?
|Khiar shoor, mast musir, sir toshi
How to make kabab tabei? (Kabab tabei recipe)
For: 4 people
|Spices (salt, pepper, turmeric)
1. The first step to making kabab tabei is to wash and peel the onions well. Then, using a grater, grate the onion well and extract its juice.
2. Now, we also grate the garlic well and add it to the onions.
3. Add the minced meat that you took out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes ago and that has softened to some extent to the garlic and onion and mix well with them.
4. Now, you have to flavor the meat. To do this, add salt, pepper, and some turmeric to the meat and mix well so that the meat absorbs the spices.
5. If you have enough time to cook food and you are not in a hurry to do this, it is better to cover the minced meat with plastic and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes; otherwise, go to cooking.
6. Pour some oil into a pan that has a suitable size and let it heat up well. After the oil is hot, spread the kebab ingredients in the desired shape in the pan and let it fry.
7. After one side of the kebab is golden and its color changes, we turn it over until the other side cooks and its color turns golden.
8. One of the most important secrets in cooking kabab tabei that makes it tastier is its sauce. To make the sauce, first, peel the tomatoes and grate them until they become pureed.
9. Fry the tomato puree in a pan with enough oil and let it drain.
10. Now add tomato paste to the fried tomato puree and fry with it until the rawness of the paste is removed and its color is released.
11. Add enough salt, pepper, lemon juice, and brewed saffron to the sauce and fry for a few more minutes.
How to prepare kabab tabei with potatoes
1. Another way to make kabab tabei is to use potatoes in the recipe. To do this and use potatoes, all you have to do is wash them well and peel them.
2. Grate the peeled potato well using a fine grater, mix it with meat, spices, and other ingredients, and finally fry it in a pan and eat it. As you can see, all the steps are the same, and you just need to include potatoes in the recipe.
Mince is a type of meat that you can’t go wrong with. You can make burger patties, meatballs, spaghetti bolognese, koftas, meatloaf, cottage pie – the meal possibilities are endless. Not only is mince an incredibly versatile meat, it is also packed full of nutrients that can help support good health and wellbeing.
With mince, you don’t need to eat a lot of it to get the nutritional goodness. In fact, a 100g portion of lean, stewed, beef mince contains a good source* of protein, zinc, vitamins B3 and B12. It also contains a source** of iron, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins B1, B2, and B6. On the whole, these nutrients are essential for everyday functioning and the infographic below shows how they can support health and wellbeing.
How to prepare kabab tabei in the oven?
1.Prepare kabab tabei
In order to have kabab tabei in the oven you must prepare ingredients in the same way as the first one. Turn on the oven while you rest the ingredients. Set the temperature to 482 Fahrenheit to heat up.
Take the kabab mixture out of the refrigerator. Grease the baking tray with oil or butter. Spread the kebab mixture completely on the bottom of the mold or tray as in the second method, the diameter of the kebab is the same everywhere in the mold.
2. Place the kabab tabei in the oven tray
Cut the tomatoes in half or cut them into rings. You can also use slices of potato and bell pepper. Arrange the tomatoes on the tray. Cover the mold with a thin aluminum sheet and put it in the oven. The oven temperature should be 482 Fahrenheit.
3. Cooking the kebab in the oven for 30 minutes
After 10 minutes, lower the oven temperature and set it to 356 Fahrenheit. The mold should remain in the oven for another 30 minutes. Then, take it out and add butter and brewed saffron to the ingredients inside the mold. Put the mold back in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the tray or mold from the oven and serve in a suitable dish.
Notes for kabab tabei:
- Be sure to cook this food on low heat to make it juicy.
- Take the onion juice and then mix it with the meat so that the kebab becomes crispy.
- Knead the meat, onion, and spices together well and knead the texture of the kebab so that it does not loosen while cooking.
- If you want a special taste, mix saffron with butter and apply it to the kabab tabei after frying.
- If possible use a non-stick pan or grill for grilling without oil.
- A mixture of mutton and veal is an excellent, juicy, and delicious combination of meat for kabab tabei.
- Pay attention to the thickness of the meat if it is too thick, the core may not be cooked, or it may be overcooked and dry.
1. What can be done to improve the aroma and taste in the preparation of kabab tabei?
For this, you can use saffron, butter, and bell pepper. Some sumac can also be suitable.
2. Are the tomato paste sauce and fried potatoes also obligatory for kabab tabei?
No, but using them can make your kabab more formal and elegant.
3. Is it possible to use minced chicken in the preparation of kabab tabei?
Yes, If you want, you can use chicken instead of meat. Or you can use both and have a double kebab.
4. Can I freeze kabab tabei?
No, kebabs should not be frozen. You can store pan kebabs in the refrigerator for 4 days.
5. What is served with pan kabab?
Along with pan kabab is served mast o khiar, mast o musir, khiar shoor and salad shirazi.
Did you like this recipe?
- If you try Persian pan kebab, Please share your experience with us.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I don’t suggest you this dish.
- You can ask me questions about Kabab-e tabei in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.