Khoresh kadoo sabz is a delicious and useful Iranian stew with its fans. Zucchini stew is a food that is very popular among people who are on a slimming diet or who are vegetarians.
Zucchini has many properties that you can benefit from by preparing this stew.
The most important properties of zucchini are heart health, cholesterol reduction, prevention of some cancers, blood pressure control, and digestive system health.
Stay with meal cooking by learning how to cook Zucchini stews.
How to make khoresh kadoo sabz? (Zucchini stew recipe)
Khoresh kadoo sabz is usually cooked with meat that includes lamb and veal, but it can also be prepared with white meat such as chicken and turkey.
Zucchini Stew is known by many as kadoo mosama. One of the reasons for the popularity of this stew, in addition to its taste, is the simplicity of cooking and its variety.
This stew is prepared with meat, without meat, with chicken, or with minced meat, and even in some regions, they add cobs and limoo amani to it, which becomes a very delicious combination. Khoresh kadoo sabz without meat is also a popular dish for vegetarians.
Zucchini stew has a relatively sour taste, and they usually use lime juice, plum paste, or lavashk, which are good supplements for the taste of zucchini in this stew.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours 30 minutes
|liquid oil and lemon juice
|Salt, black pepper, and turmeric
You can also read pirashki recipe.
1. Preparation of garlic and onion
First, grate the garlic and set it aside. Then chop the onions into gems (or whatever you like) and pour them into a container. Prepare a suitable pot and put it on a medium flame. Add a little oil to the pan and let the oil heat up a little.
After heating the oil:
- Add the onion to it and fry.
- When the onions are slightly fried, add the grated garlic and continue frying until the onions and garlic mixture becomes golden.
- Add a little turmeric to it and mix until the ingredients inside the pot are golden and uniform.
2. Add meat and tomato paste
Chop and prepare the mutton or veal in advance as a stew (small or medium cubes). When the garlic, onion, and turmeric mixture is fried well in the pot, add the meats and let it fry well.
When the meat changes color and is fried, add the tomato paste to the mixture and continue frying until the raw smell of the tomato paste disappears.
Finally, when the meat and tomato paste is fried well, add a few glasses of boiling water to the pot and increase the flame until the mixture reaches the boiling point.
After the ingredients in the pot start to simmer, lower the flame, put the lidded pot, and let the meat cook slowly.
3. Preparation of zucchini stew
Cut the zucchini in half. Place a suitable pan on a medium flame, add some oil, and let the oil heat up a little.
Then fry kadoo sabz in a pan until golden. After frying the zucchini, place them on a plate and set aside.
Related: khoresh kadoo halvaei.
At this stage, note that if you fry the zucchini too much, its properties may be lost.
4. The final step of cooking zucchini stew
Check the meats. It is the right time to add the rest of the ingredients if they are cooked.
Add the fried zucchini slowly to the water in the pot. Then cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the ingredients in the pot.
Then add salt, pepper, and desired spices to the stew and stir slowly.
let the stew cook for another hour and drain the excess water.
Finally, add some lemon juice for a better taste. Khoresh kadoo sabz, after cooking, is ready to serve with rice.
Notes for khoresh kadoo sabz:
- After adding the fried zucchini to the pot, reduce the stirring speed of the stew. Because by hitting the zucchini, they may be crushed, separated, and spoil the appearance of the stew.
- You can use lamb, chicken, veal, or turkey in cooking this dish. You can even cook this dish without any meat for lunch with rice.
- The recipe of khoresh kadoo sabz ba morgh is the same as this recipe. We replace chicken with meat in the recipe above.
1. Rich in Many Nutrients
Zucchini is rich in several vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial plant compounds.
One cup (223 grams) of cooked zucchini provides :
- Calories: 17
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: less than 1 gram
- Carbs: 3 grams
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Vitamin A: 40% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Manganese: 16% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 9% of the RDI
- Folate: 8% of the RDI
- Copper: 8% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 7% of the RDI
- Thiamine: 5% of the RDI
1. What is khoresh kadoo sabz in English?
Khoresh kadoo sabz is Zucchini stew in english.
2. What is served with khoresh kadoo sabz?
This khoresh is served with Persian rice.
3. Can I freeze khoresh kadoo sabz?
Yes, you can freeze it for 2 weeks.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience with cooking this Persian dish.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this dish.
- You can ask me questions about khoresh kadoo sabz in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.