Khoresh loobia sabz is one of the delicious Iranian stews that has its fans. In addition to having a very good taste, this stew is also very useful for the body due to the presence of nutritious vegetables such as green beans.
Green beans have many properties that you can benefit from by preparing this stew. One of the most important properties of green beans is the prevention of infection, the health of skin, hair, and bones, detoxification of the body, and strengthening of the immune system.
Stay with meals cook with green bean stew cooking tutorial.
How to make khoresh loobia sabz? (Khoresh loobia sabz recipe)
Green bean stew is usually cooked with red meat but can also be prepared with white meat, such as chicken and turkey. In addition, you can prepare this delicious stew without meat and be completely vegetarian.
This stew has many fans from both meat eaters and vegetarians. This delicious stew can be cooked in two ways, for vegetarians and meat eaters
. Green beans are rich in iron. Therefore, green beans can be a suitable substitute for meat in the diet of vegetarians. For this reason, green bean stew can be a very suitable food rich in iron for vegetarians.
Khoresh loobia sabz is a very tasty and nutritious dish that can be served with bread and rice. With the ingredients included in this recipe, you can prepare this stew for 4 people. To make more or less stew, multiply or divide the ingredients.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
Ingredients for khoresh loobia sabz:
|Liquid frying oil
|4 medium cloves
|Turmeric, black pepper and salt
You can also read pirashki recipe.
Instruction for khoresh loobia sabz:
1. Before doing anything, you should peel the onion and grate it well using a coarse grater.
2. Pour the grated onions into a suitable pan and fry them with oil until the color of the onion changes a little. Meanwhile, add some turmeric to the onion in the pot.
3. In the next step, peel the garlic and grate it with the same grate size. Then add the grated garlic to the fried onions and stir until they are fried with mild and medium heat. At this stage, add a little more turmeric and some black pepper.
4. After the garlic and onion have been fried enough, It’s time to add the meat that you have cut into the right size to the ingredients in the pot. (It is better to chop the meat to the size of the meat of the green beans).
5. After adding the meat, continue sauteing again until the red color of the meat changes.
6. Now add a few glasses (4 to 6 glasses) of boiled water to the ingredients in the pot and let the meat cook well. If you notice that the meat is not cooked well after the water runs out, Add 2 glasses of cold water to it and help the meat to cook faster with thermal shock.
7. When you see that the meat has finished cooking, add the tomato paste.
8. Parallel to this and while the meat is cooking, Wash the green beans and, after drying, cut them into one-centimeter pieces.
9. Pour the chopped beans into a pan and fry them with oil. Be careful not to over-fry the beans; it will be enough until they are fried and their color changes.
10. When you are sure the meat is fully cooked, add the fried green beans to it. Then add some salt and black pepper to the stew and lemon juice.
11. Add a small amount of boiled water (about one glass to a maximum of 2 glasses) to this stew and let it cook on low heat. Now your khoresh loobia sabz is ready to serve. You can eat it with iranian rice or sangak bread or barbari bread.
khoresh loobia sabz For vegetarians
The requirements and method of cooking khoresh loobia sabz for vegetarians are the same as the method we mentioned in this article. The only difference is the addition of meat. All the steps are the same except that we do not add meat to the stew.
But there is also a slight difference. In the steps described above, we said we could add sliced and fried potatoes to the side of the stew. But in this recipe, it is better to add sliced potatoes at the very beginning of frying onions.
We can also add mushrooms to improve the taste. Other items will also be based on taste. For example, you can use grated tomatoes instead of tomato paste. Grated tomatoes may even have a better taste and glaze than tomato paste.
Green Beans Nutrition Facts
One cup of green beans (100g) provides 31 calories, 1.8g of protein, 7g of carbohydrates, and 0.2g of fat. Green beans are an excellent source of vitamins C, K, and A. The following nutrition information is provided by the USDA.1
- Calories: 31
- Fat: 0.2g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugars: 3.3g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Vitamin C: 12.2mg
- Vitamin A: 35mcg
- Vitamin K: 43mcg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 211mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.1mg
- Folate: 33mcg
this sorced by: verywellfit.com
Notes for khoresh loobia sabz:
- Remember that usually, in stews, salt should not be added at first. In khoresh loobia sabz, it is better not to add salt to the stew at first. Because it makes the meat cook longer, you can add salt and lemon to your green bean stew at the last cooking stage.
- To make your stew tastier and even more beautiful, you can add sliced and fried potatoes to it.
- Before serving khoresh loobia sabz, put the fried potatoes in the dish next to the stew.
- You can also slice and fry carrots while frying potatoes. Add sliced and fried potatoes and carrots to your stew to have a better taste with the stew.
- If you like, you can chop the tomato into rounds and add it to the stew along with the green beans.
- You can also prepare green bean stew with chicken.
- If it suits your taste, you can replace the tomato paste with brewed saffron.
- In some regions, green bean stew is prepared hot; for this purpose, replace red pepper with black pepper.
- You can add a little sour seasoning, like lemon juice, to the stew at the end of cooking.
1. What type of meat is commonly used in Khoresh Loobia Sabz?
Beef lamb or chicken are the most commonly used meats in Khoresh Loobia Sabz. You can choose the type of meat you prefer based on your dietary restrictions.
2. What is Khoresh Loobia Sabz?
Khoresh Loobia Sabz is a traditional Persian food that consists of green beans cooked in a flavorful tomato-based sauce with meat and aromatic spices. It is typically served with steamed rice.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience with cooking this persian dish.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this dish.
- You can ask me questions about khoresht loobia sabz in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.