Khoresht aloo is one of the tasty and rich foods that you can easily prepare at home. There are few people who love Iranian food and do not like sweet and sour stews. From khoresh fesenjan to khoresh aloo esfenaj, all of them have become popular and a regular part of Iranian tables because of their taste.
If you are one of the fans of sweet and sour taste and you want to have variety in your daily diet, get started today and prepare a traditional khoresht aloo with the method we have explained below.
How to make khoresht aloo? (Khoresht aloo recipe)
Due to its composition and beautiful appearance, khoresht aloo ba morgh is usually an inseparable part of Iranian dinners.
Plum stew with chicken is usually prepared with spinach or quince. But maybe many friends don’t like the taste of spinach or quince and give up preparing this very delicious and very special food.
For those of you who have different tastes, meals cook suggests preparing khoresht aloo ba morgh.
We have brought you the recipe for plum stew with chicken today on Meals Cook so that you can enjoy a hearty and healthy meal with your family.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
You can also read morgh torsh gilan recipe.
|Sliced pistachios and almonds
|Cooking liquid oil
|Salt, pepper, cinnamon and turmeric
1. Preparing khoresht aloo with chicken
First, peel and wash the onion. Then, with the help of a grater, grate the onion and pour it into a pot, pour the required amount of oil, and fry the onion in the oil on medium heat. When the color of the onion becomes golden, add the chicken to the onion and fry until the color of the meat changes.
Then add the tomato paste to the meat and onion along with the right amount of spices and allow time for all the ingredients to fry together for 3-5 minutes.
Pour 5 glasses of water into the pot put the lid on the pot and wait until the plum stew with chicken boils, then reduce the flame of the pot and allow the meat to cook for 1 hour.
While the meat is cooking, wash and rinse the plums pour them into a bowl of ice water, and let them soak a little. After 1 hour of meat cooking, add plums to the stew and cook plum stew with chicken for another 30 minutes.
3. Preparing carrots
In the meantime cook the khoresht aloo with chicken, peel and wash the carrot, and then make a mold to make the stew as desired, or grate the carrot in a coarse grater and add it to the stew.
4. Preparing the decorations of plum stew with chicken
Peel the potatoes and then wash them and if you want, mold them or cut them into slices fry them in a lot of oil, and set them aside for decoration.
In a small pot, saute almonds, pistachios, and barberries together with sugar and oil on medium heat, until they are slightly flavored and ready to decorate the food.
5. End of work
When the plum stew has a consistency with the meat and has settled well, it is time to add rose water and saffron to the stew, stir the stew a little, serve it in the desired dish, pour fried potatoes on it, and decorate it with sliced almonds, pistachios, and barberry and enjoy with Iranian rice.
Related: khoresh morgh nardooni.
Khoresht aloo with meat
Some fans of this delicious food tend to eat it with meat. Therefore, all the steps are according to the instructions for preparing stew with chicken.
khoresht aloo shomali
This stew is cooked as one of the most popular foods in Mazandaran. To prepare this special northern stew, do all the main cooking steps. Use only chicken and the most natural products of this province in cooking.
Plums contain vital vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, and a bit of potassium. Prunes (aka dried plums) will get you a little extra vitamin K boost, but with more calories, sugar, and carbs.
These vitamins and minerals can support your immune, digestive, and reproductive systems, as well as your eyesight, heart, lungs, and kidneys.
Notes for Persian plum stew:
- Khoresht aloo with meat is black.
- If you want, you can increase or decrease the ingredients for the number of people.
- You can use minced meat or chicken to prepare this stew with meat.
- Add the brewed saffron to the stew in the final stages (last 15 minutes) so that it does not lose its flavor.
- If you want your stew to be sweet, add as much sugar as you like, and if you are a fan of sour stew, add a little water to the stew in the last 10 minutes.
- Khoresht aloo is usually cooked with a little water, but if you want, you can add a little more water according to your taste.
- Using 1 teaspoon of rose water in the preparation of this stew makes its taste very pleasant. You can cook rose water separately with plums and then add it to the food.
- You can replace tomatoes with tomato paste, but it is better to puree it. Of course, in this case, the color of khoresht aloo will not be too red.
- Adding barberry and chopped walnuts to the khoresht aloo at the last stage makes it a beautiful stew. You can add sugar while roasting barberry in a little oil or butter.
RELATED: Kale gonjeshki recipe
FAQ khoresht aloo
1. What kind of meat should we use for plum stew?
You can use both fillet and thigh with chicken bone. We have used chicken fillet in this recipe. You can also use red meat (mutton and veal), meatballs, chicken, duck, quail, and turkey in the preparation of plum stew.
2. What does plum stew usually taste like?
Mazandarani chicken and plum stew are both deliciously sour and sweet. To sweeten it, you can add two or three spoons of sugar or grape juice to it. It is good to use lemon juice or pomegranate paste to make it sour.
3. What is served with Persian plum stew?
Did you like this recipe?
Please, if you have any experience of eating any type of Iranian stew, tell me about its taste in the comments.
If this recipe is interesting to you, rate me. Thank you