The first time my mother made kotlet morgh or chicken cutlets, I didn’t like it very much. Because we were used to eating cutlets with beef or mutton and we had never tried the new model.
But when I tried this great dish, my attitude changed. We just found out that cutlet with chicken is both delicious and economical because chicken meat is much cheaper than sheep or beef.
Ever since I realized the protein content and the high properties of chicken, I made this food for my children. I recommend mothers to prepare this excellent food for their children.
In addition, kotlet morgh has higher protein than meat cutlet. Usually, when you are tired of eating zereshk polo ba morgh, you can start making new dishes with chicken meat, and also this dish is an excellent example.
Ingredient kotlet morgh:
|Minced chicken breast
|in the required amount
|Coriander and parsley
|Salt and black pepper, paprika powder, turmeric
For 4 people
Prepration time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Relate: kotlet shirazi.
1. First, we combine minced chicken with grated onion and garlic. Note that the juice of the grated onion should be taken in advance and then added to the mixture.
Then we add the grated potato from which the excess water has been removed to the mixture. Then add an egg to the mixture and mix the ingredients thoroughly by hand.
2. After the ingredients are mixed, add all the spices such as salt, bread flour, black pepper, and turmeric to the mixture of the ingredients.
Then we add Coriander and parsley to the ingredients. If we add some chopped mint leaves to the ingredients, the taste of the cutlet will be great.
At this stage, we add a few spoons of dried saffron to the mixture. Knead all the ingredients together for 10 to 15 minutes until it becomes sticky.
3. Put the mixed ingredients in the refrigerator for half an hour. After this time, the cutlet mixture is ready for frying.
Pour some oil into the pan and let it get hot. Then we shape the cutlets with our wet palms and place them in the pan.
We tie the cutlets by hand and flatten them, make a hole in the middle, and place them in the pan. After one side is completely fried, we turn the cutlet so that the other side is completely fried.
4. The important thing that you should consider is that you should fry the cutlets to a mild degree so that the ingredients in the middle are also fully cooked.
- You can make your kotlet morgh with vegetables like parsley, or dried vegetables, and you can make it different with mint or even chives.
- 2 spoons of wheat flour can be used to make the cutlet material more sticky.
- For the chicken mixture, you can use half of the breast and the other half of the chicken thighs.
- You can add some dry or fresh parsley to the cutlet.
- We use breadcrumbs to make the cutlets crispy.
Related : kuku loobia sabz.
Modern varieties of chicken such as the Cornish Cross, are bred specifically for meat production, with an emphasis placed on the ratio of feed to meat produced by the animal. The most common breeds of chicken consumed in the U.S. are Cornish and White Rock.
Chickens raised specifically for food are called broilers. In the U.S., broilers are typically butchered at a young age. Modern Cornish Cross hybrids, for example, are butchered as early as 8 weeks for fryers and 12 weeks for roasting birds.
Capons (castrated cocks) produce more and fattier meat. For this reason, they are considered a delicacy and were particularly popular in the Middle Ages.
1.What should we do so that the chicken cutlet does not go away?
To prevent the chicken cutlet from falling, be sure to take the juice of the grated onion. We can also add some flour to the raw materials, as we have pour breadcrumbs in the raw materials.
2. What is served with cotlet morgh?
Along with this food is served : zeytoon parvardeh, khiar shoor, torshi seer and Persian doogh.
3. How many calories is in kotlet morgh?
100 grams of chicken cutlet contains 194 kcal.