Kotlet is one of the simple and very delicious foods in the category of kuku. kotlet is a French word that is said in some stories to be a type of kuko with pork, which is very fatty and delicious and has entered Iran over time.
Nowadays, this food is made with boiled or raw potatoes along with minced meat, onions, and spices, and finally, they are fried with oil and served with barbari bread, sangak bread even Persian rice. This dish and kuku sabzi is one of the fastest and easiest Iranian dishes.
My experience table:
|My level of interest is from 1 to 10
|The ease of cooking
|What is served with?
|Tomatoe, sabzi khordan, mast o musir
For: 4 people
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook for: 30 minutes
How to cook Kotlet Irani with raw potatoes:
|1 ½ tbsp
How to Make Persian Meat Patties?
1. To cook Persian Meat Patties with raw potatoes, first peel the potatoes and grate them with a fine grater, then grate the onion with a fine grater in a separate container and separate the juice of that and throw it away, then add the onion to the potatoes.
2. After that, add minced meat, salt, black pepper, and turmeric powder to it, and knead it well. Add 1 egg to it and knead it well again. If the cutlet mixture is loose, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of toasted flour or chickpea flour to it and knead again. Put the cutlet mixture aside for a while to rest.
3. Then pour oil into a frying pan and let it get hot; take the cutlet ingredients, make them into the desired shape, and fry them in the oil. When frying the Persian meat patties, reduce the heat so that your cutlet is cooked better and not burned. In the end, eat it with tomato, pickled cucumber, and lavash bread.
How to cook kotlet with boiled potatoes:
1. To cook this food with boiled potatoes, wash the potatoes with their skins and pour them into a pan with water, put them on heat, and let them boil. After they are boiled, peel them and grate them with a fine grater. Then grate the onion with a fine grater, take the juice of and throw it away, then add the onion to the potatoes.
2. Add minced meat, salt, black pepper, turmeric powder, and egg to it and knead well. If this food mixture is loose, add toasted flour or chickpea flour and mix well. You should put the ingredients of this food aside so that it rests and all the ingredients are mixed together.
Then, pour the oil into the pan, put it on the heat, and increase the heat until the oil becomes hot; then decrease the heat, take the cutlet ingredients, make them into the desired shape, and fry them in the oil. To make your Kotlet Recipe-Cook Best Persian Meat Patties crispy and dry, use toasted flour.
Related: kotlet morgh recipe.
6 Tips for Making Delicious Kotlets:
- To make this dish delicious, you can grate 1 to 2 cloves of garlic into its ingredients.
- If you use fatty meat for cooking this food, the Persian Meat Patties will shrink and lose their shape when frying.
- If you don’t take away the onion juice while cooking this dish, it will cause this to crumble while frying.
- To make this food delicious, pour brewed saffron into its ingredients.
- If you fry the Persian Meat Patties at a high temperature, the core will not be cooked in the middle.
- You can change the amount of toasted flour according to the looseness and hardness of your ingredients.
1. What is Kotlet made of?
This food is made of potato oiled, meat, onion, eggs, and Persian spices.
2. What country is Kotlet from?
The origin of this food is Iran.
3. How many calories are in a Persian Kotlet?
Each piece of cotlet is 128 cal.
4. Can I make Kotlet in advance and reheat them later?
Yes, you can make Kotlet in advance and reheat them later. Once the patties are cooked, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, you can place them in a preheated oven or a hot skillet for a few minutes on each side until heated through.
5. What is served with kotlet?
6. Can I make Kotlet without meat for vegetarian or vegan people?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian or vegan version of Persian Kotlet using plant-based protein sources such as lentils, chickpeas, or beans.
Did you like this recipe?
- If you try Persian meat patties, Please share your experience with us.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this dish without meat.
- You can ask me questions about kotlet in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.