Today’s recipe is related to a delicious dolmeh called Persian stuffed onions or dolmeh piaz. Onion slices are used for all seasons of the year.
I think this beautiful and delicious food can shine in parties and celebrations. It is easier to prepare this delicious dolmeh from dolmeh barg mo and put it in the freezer and whenever we want and we don’t have time to cook, we just prepare a sauce and cook the dolmeh.
Related: morasa polo recipe.
How to prepare dolmeh piyaz? (Persian stuffed onions recipe)
The word dolma is a modified form of the word dolma, which is a Turkish word that means filled. The reason for this name is that the surface of every dolmeh is filled with ingredients; that’s why it means filled.
It is almost similar to dolmeh barge mo, but onions are used instead of barge mo. It also comes with a series of small differences in cooking. Follow me to learn how to make Persian stuffed onions quickly and easily.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients dolmeh piaz:
Ingredients Persian stuffed onions:
|Half a cup
|Salt, black pepper, red pepper, turmeric, dry mint and dry savory
ingredients Sauce :
|A few pieces
Instruction Persian stuffed onions:
1. First, peel 8 white onions and make a deep cut near the center of the onion (the way you want to cut the onion in half).
2. Then put the onions in the pan and pour boiling water into it. Then put the lid on the pan and let it boil for about 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, remove the cooked onions from the pan, then separate the layers and slices of the onion. Try to separate the larger, healthy layers of the onion and leave the small and middle layer aside.
4. Then we proceed to make the middle ingredients of the dolmeh. First, mix 300 grams of minced meat and a grated onion.
Then add salt, black pepper, red pepper, turmeric, dry mint and salt to the mixture of meat and onion.
After that, we add 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley, three cloves of chopped garlic, half a cup of half-cooked cobs, one cup of half-cooked rice, one tablespoon of tomato paste and 1/4 cup of oil. Mix together until smooth.
5. Then take a spoonful of the middle ingredients and put it inside the onion leaf and roll it to look like a butterfly cocoon and set it aside.
Do the same with the rest of the ingredients and repeat until all the ingredients are placed inside the onions and rolled.
6. Put the prepared dolmeh piaz in the pan and put some of the previous onions on them.
7. To prepare the sauce, mix a cup of water and a teaspoon of salt, a tablespoon of tomato paste and a little olive oil. Then slowly pour the sauce on the dolmah so that it covers all them.
After that, put a few leaves of parsley and some butter on the slices for a better aroma and flavor, then close the lid of the pan and let it cook on low heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Your Persian stuffed onions is ready, put them in a bowl and enjoy. Due to the presence of potassium, calcium and phosphorus, onion has many properties, including reducing high blood sugar, strengthening the stomach, healthy bones and many other great benefits.
It is a good substitute for hair leaves or capsicum in the preparation of dolmeh. Onion slices really have a different taste.
Notes Persian stuffed onions:
- For a better taste Persian stuffed onions, instead of pouring water on the ingredients, it is better to dissolve a meat stock in water and add it.
- Dolmeh herbs include tarragon, coriander, salt and parsley chopped in equal amounts.
- You can also use pomegranate paste or plum paste for seasoning.
- Dolmeh should be cooked on low heat and if the water runs out during cooking, you can add water.
- First, you should be careful not to boil the onions in too much water so they don’t get crushed. If the onion is crushed too much, you will not be able to empty it easily.
- If you don’t have any herbs, you can use chopped fresh basil as well.
- If you don’t like the combination of rice and cob in the onion dolmeh, you can remove these 2 ingredients and use the same amount of semolina.
Antioxidants may help prevent cell damage by fighting free radical molecules. Free radicals are developed when the body is exposed to radiation or tobacco smoke. These molecules can cause diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. By eating onions you can help your body fight free radicals and improve your overall health.
1. What is Persian stuffed onions ?
Dolmeh Piaz or Stuffed onions is one of the traditional and popular dishes in Iran and turkey, which is prepared using large onions and minced meat, rice, spices and other ingredients.
2. Can i freeze this dolma?
Yes you can freeze Persian stuffed onions for 3 weeks.
3. What is served with dolmeh piaz?
This food onions served with mast o khiar and sir torshi.