Qurutob or Tajik water and curd is an excellent Tajik salad that is served in most parts of Tajikistan. It is a hearty and delicious salad made from a combination of vegetables with special bread and curd. This bread can be special tajiki unleavened bread or other breads.
This food has two types, one with meat and another without meat, which is suitable for vegans. In this article, we will teach you both models. Depending on your taste, red pepper or chili is also used in this salad.
A different salad that has a lot of protein and vitamins due to the presence of curd and various vegetables. In Tajikistan, this salad is served in special wooden dishes, and it is usually served for two or three people in one dish.
Follow me in the rest of the article to make this delicious salad.
Related: oshi palow recipe.
|as needed depending on the number of people
|Qorut or curd(ghare ghoroot)
|half a teaspoon
|half a teaspoon
|As much as you like
|as much as you like
|as much as needed
1. we cut some bread with our hands or with scissors and put it in a separate dish. In the traditional style of this dish, special bread is used, which is baked by the Tajiksantani people themselves.
If you do not have access to this special bread, you can use any kind of bread. Use bread in this great salad.
2. Then, in another container, mix two glasses of water with the curd or curd that we prepared before. Place the container on the gas flame and stir the ingredients for 2 minutes.
3. In the next step, grate two peeled garlic cloves (note that garlic is not one of the main ingredients in this dish and is completely optional). Then, pour the garlic into the pan. Then peel and chop two onions and add them to the garlic.
Fry these ingredients with liquid oil. Then add salt, black pepper, cumin seeds, and red pepper to the dish and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until they become golden.
4. At this stage, we add the curd that we mixed with water to the container where we put the chopped breads and let them mix completely, and the breads get wet. Then, we add a little onion and fresh coriander to this mixture.
5. Then we pour the mixture of garlic and onion, which is fried with full spices, on the mixture of bread and curds. Then, we pour a little dry mint on the mixture for a better aroma.
6. We pour the tomatoes and cucumbers that we have already cut before on the Qortoob, and this is a great dish or a Tajik salad with yogurt.
The important thing is that veal or sheep meat is also used in preparing qoruti. But because I liked the simple and meatless version of this dish, I prepared this recipe without meat. If you like, you can eat this dish with meat.
You can also read : shirchoy recipe.
Related: Best tajikistan dishes.
How to prepare Tajik soup with meat:
You must follow all the previous steps in preparing Qurutob and at the end, we cook the mutton or veal. We fry it with special spices and onions, and then cut the meat and pour it on the Qortoob mixture.
This model of Qortoob with meat is very nutritious and delicious for people who like meat in their food.
Related : shurbo recipe.
Notes for Qurutob:
- Adding garlic in this dish is completely optional and I have used it according to my taste.
- I have eaten both the meat and meatless versions of Qurutob, and I preferred the simpler and meatless version.
- To prepare the model with meat, you can use boneless mutton. Because curd is one of the main elements of this food, the essence of the food is full of protein and very nutritious.
- I recommend the meat-free version of this dish to vegetarians.
- In Tajikistan, this food is served in special traditional Tajik wooden dishes, which is very attractive.
- Depending on the type of food, you can also use chili pepper in this salad.
Qurutob (sometimes kurutob) (Tajik: Қурутоб) is a dish of Tajik cuisine. Sometimes described as a “bread salad”, it is created using qurut, dried balls of cheese, which are soaked in water; the resulting liquid, salty in flavor, is used as the base of the dish.
Strips of fatir, a type of flatbread, are then placed on top. The mixture is served on large plates, and is usually topped with a variety of vegetables, such as onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, or herbs; meat or chili peppers are also sometimes seen as garnishes. Qurutob is a shared dish, meant to be eaten with the hands.
Qurutob is a very hearty and excellent Tajik dish that is prepared in two different ways. First without meat and suitable for vegans, and second with meat, which is suitable for everyone. As a complete meal with vegetables, bread and curd, this dish is a complete and filling meal.
1. What should I use if I don’t have access to a card?
You can also use liquid curd in preparing this salad
2. Can this food be frozen?
No, due to the presence of vegetables and curd, it should be kept in the refrigerator for two to three days and served fresh.
3. Is Qurutob salad suitable for vegans?
Yes, the meat-free version of this salad, which is full of vegetables, is suitable for vegans.