Sosis bandari is the food that my family is known for it. The fact that the Yendri sausages I make are excellent. It has a unique recipe that only I know. Of course, if you stay with me until the end of this article, I will also tell you.
So don’t miss this great recipe of mine.
Considering the available raw materials and the convenience of cooking it at home, you can prepare this delicious food and enjoy delicious homemade fast food.
The main ingredients of this food consist of sausage, onions, tomato paste, spices, and potatoes.
To have Sosis bandari outside, we have to prepare it without potatoes and with tomato paste.
This food is a semi-instant food and it is suitable for when you have little time. You can use this food as a snack or dinner appetizer at your parties by making a sandwich.
Stay with us on meals cook to learn how to prepare sosis bandari.
How to make sosis bandari without potatoes:
The principle of making sosis bandari is without potatoes and it should not be confused with potato sausage. But since it is so-called street food, other ingredients, including potatoes may be added to it for various reasons, including creating a new taste or reducing the price.
What kind of sausage and spices do fast foods use in Bandari?
There is not much spice in this food, so the taste of sausage affects the taste of the food. Although they usually use sosis almani, which has a lower percentage of meat the taste of some of them is more delicious. It is also common to use simple meat cocktails in homemade bandari.
The main spices of bandari are black pepper and red pepper, which gives a pleasant spicy taste to the food. Paprika is an optional spice of this food and it creates a little bell pepper aroma in this food.
Sosis bandari taste:
Bandari, like all the southern dishes of our country, has a spicy taste and according to people’s taste, the level of spiciness and the amount of spices can be changed.
How to make sosis bandari? (sosis bandari recipe)
The sosis bandari sandwich is very popular among Iranians as mentioned. According to their taste, some people also add other side dishes such as mushrooms, bell pepper, and sometimes pizza cheese.
One of the reasons for the popularity of this dish is that it can be prepared in a very short time. Below are the necessary ingredients to prepare this homemade meal suitable for 4 to 6 people. Therefore, if you plan to make it for more or fewer people, change the amount of ingredients accordingly.
You can also add or remove pizza cheese and potatoes according to your taste.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
You can also read pirashki recipe.
|4 to 6 pcs
|3 to 4 tablespoons
|3 to 4 pcs
|Pizza cheese (optional)
|Salt, pepper, and turmeric powder
Sosis bandari originally from the south is prepared without potatoes. But you can also add potatoes to it. In this article, we have taught how to prepare this dish with potatoes. But you can make it in any way you want. Bandari is prepared in about 30 minutes.
In the following, we have explained step by step how to prepare homemade sosis bandari.
1. Slicing the onion:
To make this food you must first cut the onions into wedges or gems. Then saute and fry them with spices in the pan until their color turns golden. Note that the onions do not darken because they will affect the final appearance of the food.
2. Chopping potatoes and sausages:
As mentioned, the southern sosis bandari does not contain potatoes. But many people prefer to prepare this food with potatoes. To do this, first wash the potatoes and then cut the sausages into rings, then fry them and put them aside to add to the rest of the ingredients.
3. Frying tomato paste:
The next step is to prepare the tomato paste. For this, you need to fry the tomato paste with salt, pepper, and a little turmeric powder.
Then add a little boiling water to it until the rawness of the tomato paste is taken. Some people use ketchup instead of tomato paste. We suggest that you don’t do this or at the end mix the tomato paste with ketchup and water.
4. Combine ingredients:
After you have done the preparation of all the ingredients up to this point, you have to add the potato, sausage, and onion to the fried tomato paste. Now pour the appropriate amount of hot sauce on this mixture and mix well until it is uniform.
If you think it is too thick, add some boiling water and then put the lid on the pan. After 10 minutes the sosis bandari is ready.
If you wish, you can also prepare sosis bandari with mushrooms and bell peppers. You should also fry them and add them to this mixture. you can serve this with tomato and khiar shoor.
Note that mushrooms release water when cooking. So you have to fry it separately and add it at the end.
Also, bandari can be prepared with pizza cheese. For this,5 minutes before the food is ready pour some cheese on it and close the lid of the pan until the cheese melts well.
You can also read Persian pizza recipe.
How to serve sosis bandari:
As mentioned sosis bandari is considered a food. This dish can be served with all kinds of bread. The most common type of sosis bandari sandwich is prepared with baguette bread.
Along with this food side dishes such as tomatoes, pickled cucumbers, lettuce, and various pickles can also be served and placed inside the sandwich.
Important tips for preparing sosis bandari:
- Add bell pepper
If desired, we can use one or two medium bell peppers for the above ingredients. To make the food more beautiful, it is better to use colored bell peppers. Cut bell peppers into thin strips and fry them with onions until they become soft.
- Spices used
If you want to make this food with a spicy taste in the southern way you can use spices such as ginger, cloves, black cumin, nutmeg, black pepper, red pepper, paprika, and coriander seeds. In addition to the good taste, these spices make this food aromatic.
- Potatoes are optional in making this delicious food and can be omitted.
- If you wish and depending on your taste, you can add other ingredients to this food. Bell peppers and mushrooms are among these.
- Boiled potatoes can also be added to this food. First, pour the potatoes into a pot and add water to it and let it boil. Then we cut the boiled potatoes into cubes and add them to the ingredients. One thing to pay attention to is that in this case, the potatoes should not be boiled too much because they will be crushed with onion and sausage during roasting.
- Curry spice is one of the spices that can be added to this food to give it a wonderful taste. If you want you can add some curry spices when adding salt and pepper to this dish.
- If you like spicy food you can add more black pepper to the ingredients.
- In addition to the mentioned spices, you can also use saffron and some lemon juice.
- Sosis bandari is one of the foods that you can eat even cold.
- Boiled potatoes can also be added to this food. Just note that you should not boil it too much because it will be crushed with the sausages during roasting.
- Do not store sausages in the refrigerator for more than three days. If you intend to store them for a long time it is recommended to freeze them.
- Be careful that the sausage you choose for consumption does not have any dark spots.
Types of Sausage From Europe
Some of the most famous sausages in the world are European sausage, such as those from Germany, France and the UK. These sausages are popular for good reason, as they’re delicious, versatile and are easy to use in a variety of dishes. You’ve probably tried your fair share of British or German sausages. While these sausages are certainly worth mentioning, there are also quite a few other sausages from Europe you might not be as familiar with.
1. Andouille — France
2. Bratwurst — Germany
3. Chorizo — Spain
4. Italian Sausage— Italy
1. What kind of sausage should we use to prepare this dish?
It is better to use cocktail sausage to prepare this dish
2.What is sosis Bandari in English?
Sosis Bandari means sausage from the port or port-style sausage.
3. What is a port sausage served with?
It is usually served with baguette bread or lavash bread and salted tomatoes and cucumbers
4. What should I use to make a port tasty?
To improve the taste of Bandari sausage, you can use a little hot ketchup instead of tomato paste
5. Is it better to use meat sausage or chicken sausage?
You must use meat sausage
6. Can I serve Iranian pickles on the side?
7. Is sosis bandari healthy?
No in fact there is a reason that there are too many sausages, it is not a useful food.
8. Can I use this food for children?
Yes, but very rarely, once every two months.
Did you like this recipe?
- If you have ever eaten an Iranian sandwich, comment your opinion
- If you have any questions or criticisms and suggestions about how to prepare Bandari sausage, please leave a comment