Shirini Nargili Irani is one of the most delicious Persian sweets, which has many fans due to its soft texture, appropriate sweet taste, and long shelf life, and it is the first choice for a cold winter snack with a hot drink.
Preparing coconut cookies is very easy, but if you follow the mentioned cooking principles to get the authentic taste and soft texture of this cookie, measure the ingredients with a scale and be careful about the temperature and cooking size while cooking.
This delicious cookie is exactly like the confectionery cookies because it is shiny, cracked, and crispy on the surface, and the texture inside is soft and delicious and very suitable for parties. It is easy to prepare. Only the dagh zadan phase may take some time and nothing special.
It is necessary to ensure that this sweet’s liquid concentration is manageable. When it cools, if it is hard, add a few spoons of egg white, or if it is loose, add a little soft rice flour to it to reach the right consistency.
This sweet is very similar to a shirini gerdooee , and making it at home fills the whole space with the special aroma of coconut. In the future, stay with the cooking section of meals cook to introduce you to how to make Shirini nargili in the oven and without the oven. Remember to review the important cooking tips.
Related: kolompeh recipe.
My experience table:
|My level of interest is from 1 to 10
|The ease of cooking
|What is served with?
|Persian tea, Coffie
How to make shirini nargili in oven? (Shirini nargili in oven recipe)
For: 10 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Shirini nargili :
|Coconut powder (preferably fatty)
|Pistachio slices for decorating
Instruction for shirini nargili:
There are a series of tips for making shirini nargili that are delicious if you make them step by step with me. From the photos, you can be sure that you will make delicious coconut sweets that are tastier than confectionery!
1. Mix coconut powder and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add half of the egg white and half of the liquid oil to the above mixture
3. Mix all the above ingredients completely. Pass this mixture through a meat grinder twice. You can also use a food processor, but it is better if it is a meat grinder.
4. Pour the mixture into a pot or pan and put it on low heat. Stir constantly for about three minutes until the whites do not stick.
We want the whites to be uniform with the ingredients and the sugar to melt, and when you move the ingredients between two fingers, you don’t feel the texture of the sugar (the sugar has melted).
But the ingredients should stay cool and cool. This point is very important (depending on the flame’s power and the pot type, the time may be longer or shorter for you.
Whenever you do not feel the texture of the sugar between two fingers, it is enough, but it does not allow the ingredients to be too hot. Turn off the heat and add the remaining egg whites to the ground ingredients.
5. In the next step, add liquid oil and vanilla.
6. In the last step, add lemon juice, mix well, and put it on low heat again. Stir frequently for about five minutes. At this stage, the ingredients should not boil at all! But the heat of the material must be felt. When you put your finger on the ingredients, you should feel the heat of the ingredients (depending on the type of pot, the time may vary).
When the ingredients are hot, turn off the heat. (This stage is called dough again, and we must mention it at the end of the text). Then, let the ingredients cool completely at room temperature. After it cools down, pour the ingredients into the pastry bag with a simple nozzle or without a nozzle.
7. Pour the ingredients into the oven tray covered with greaseproof paper and smooth the ridges on the pastry with greased hands. Pour pistachio powder or slices on the cookies (adding pistachios is completely optional. You can remove them if you wish).
8. Place the tray in the preheated oven at 338 Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. Of course, the temperature is different in different ovens. When the cookies crack and the bottom of the cookies turn golden, you can take them out of the oven.
Please do not remove the cookies from the tray until they cool down. Finally, after cooling, the coconut cookie should have a dry and crispy surface and be cracked and shiny, and the texture inside the sweet should be completely soft, elastic, and chewy. And at the same time, the core should be completely cooked.
Pay attention to the following points so that your sweets will be like this in the end:
Important points in dagh zadan
1. Be careful when heating. “heating” in baking means heating the pastry before putting it in the oven. To heat after mixing, the ingredients are placed on very gentle direct or indirect heat and must be stirred completely so that they do not boil or sink. We must ensure that the sugar dissolves in the ingredients without losing moisture. The most important step in preparing shirini nargili is how to heat them; almost all problems arise from bad heating!
2. We put the ingredients on the heat so that when you put your finger into the ingredients, it should feel like the finger feels a lot of heat. Heating the ingredients too much will cause the pastry to be wide and flat in the oven and not puffy, and the pastry will be golden and shiny. Do not! Also, the cracks on the pastry should be very deep.
After the baking is finished, there will be a hole in the bottom of the pastry. Heating the ingredients a little will make the surface of the pastry dry and golden. Still, the inside will remain doughy and raw, and after cooling, the pastry will stick to the greaseproof paper.
3. To cool down the pastry after heating, do not use the refrigerator under any circumstances and let it cool down in the environment. Depending on the season and the environment’s temperature, it may take a little or a long time.
How to store shirini nargili:
Due to the delicate texture of Shirini nargili, the method of keeping it is also important. Therefore, if you want your delicious coconut sweets to last for a long time and not spoil, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Shirini nargili should be kept in a closed container.
- The right temperature to preserve coconut sweets is the temperature of the refrigerator.
- We recommend covering them with cellophane if you must leave shirini nargili out of the refrigerator due to continuous serving.
Notes for shirini nargili:
- Please do not remove the cookies from the paper immediately after taking them out of the oven. This will cause the cookies to break and crumble.
- To make it easier to remove the cookies after they have cooled, run a damp textile over the back of the parchment paper.
- The icing should not be too thick or thin. To balance its concentration, you can use half an egg white if it is stiff and a spoon of flour if it is thin.
- Some people like it to be golden on top of the cookies. In this case, you can put the oven tray on the upper floor for five minutes and heat it, but be careful not to prolong it because it will dry or burn them.
- Add cocoa powder or saffron to flavour the sweets and mix well until smooth. Then, pour the mixture into the mould.
- Coconut powder used in sweets should not be coarse. If so, we recommend that you grind the powder very well.
- If you do not use a mold to pour cookie dough, ensure the top of the cookies is smooth. For this, you can grease your finger and drag it on the surface of the dough.
- As an example, you can put a cookie in the oven before putting all the ingredients in the oven and control its baking process.
- You can decorate this delicious dessert with coconut powder, pistachios, or similar things.
Health benefits of coconut
Coconut is a magical food. Some of the benefits are:
- Coconut is low in carbs, so it is the best substitute for carb-rich snacks.
- It contains minerals and nutrients such as potassium, sodium, manganese, vitamin B, copper, and iron. Manganese is beneficial for our bone health.
Copper and iron help maintain red blood cell’s health.
- Coconut flesh has a high content of fat (medium-chain triglycerides) that provide instant energy and promotes fat loss in obese people.
- Both coconut flesh and oil have high levels of good (HDL) cholesterol which is beneficial for our hearts.
- Coconut is high in fiber and low in carbs, so it helps control blood sugar levels in our bodies.
- Coconut meat and water contain numerous antioxidants that fight against factors causing cell damage. The antioxidant also reduces the risk of many diseases such as cancer.
1. What is Shirini Nargili?
Shirini Nargili is a traditional Persian Sweet. We offer a wide range of delicious treats, including Persian baklava , nane berenji , zoolbia bamieh , nan nokhodchi , shirini keshmeshi , koloocheh , poolaki and many more.
2.What is served with Shirini Nargili?
3. Are your products made fresh?
Yes, all our sweets and pastries are made fresh in-house. We take pride in using high-quality ingredients to ensure the best taste and quality for our customers.
Did you like Shirini nargili recipe?
- If you have experience eating Persian sweets, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about the shirini nargili recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this stew and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.