Persian Noghl is a popular Persian sweet that is mostly white in color and is one of the most famous souvenirs of the beautiful city of Urmia. It consists of nuts such as walnuts, pistachios, and almonds. It has different flavors and sizes and one of its uses is that it is eaten with tea instead of sugar.
In addition to being tasty, the consumption of noghle Urmia has benefits such as increasing blood sugar to strengthen the mind. It is interesting to know that the recipe for making this at home is very easy and everyone can make this delicious dessert by having a few ingredients.
Today you can buy this sweet in many nut stores and candy shopping centers. But the extracts that are produced industrially have destructive and harmful preservatives.
In addition, many factories do not observe hygiene in their production and put a lot of germs into the packaging of their products. But you can make this delicious sweet at home in the shortest possible time and enjoy eating it.
If you are interested in getting acquainted with how to prepare noghl, follow us in this article from the meals cook site.
How to make noghl? (Noghl recipe)
For: 4 people
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
Amount of calories in 100 grams: 70 calories
|as much as needed
|Halved walnut kernels
|as much as needed
|as much as needed
|Glucose or some cream of tartar
In order to make homemade Persian noghl you must first prepare this dessert mixture and then add nuts, dried rose, cardamom powder or extract, etc. After this dessert takes form pour them into a suitable dish and put them in the refrigerator.
1. Boil water and sugar:
In the first step of how to prepare this Persian sweet with different flavors, you should pour some water into a pot or pan and add sugar to it.
Turn on the gas on a medium flame and stir the sugar and water on a medium flame until well combined and the sugar dissolved in water. Now clean the sides of the pot with the help of a spatula and let the mixture of water and sugar boil.
2. Add glucose:
In the second step of the preparation of the extract, you should add liquid glucose or cream of tartar to the mixture of water and sugar and quickly stir the ingredients. Continue to do this until when you pick up this mixture from the flame, after a few minutes it will become soft and doughy.
If you have a cooking thermometer at home, you can measure the temperature inside the dish. Whenever the temperature is around 115 degrees Celsius the mixture is ready.
3. Add nuts:
After the mixture is ready turn off the gas flame and pour them into a container with a height of at least 4 cm. Allow that mixture to cool slightly. To make this with different flavors you need to put the nuts into the ingredients you have prepared for this sweet.
Then slowly remove the kernels with the help of a knife or a small spoon. Arrange this sweet in a container and on grease-proof paper and after one side is dry turn it over so that the other side of the noghl is become also dry.
Note that in the recipe of this sweet,it will dry as you arrange them. So try to place them in the desired shape on greaseproof paper and if you like to make a change in the appearance of the noghl gently shape them with the help of the edge of the knife.
Pour them into a suitable container and keep them in the refrigerator or serve them fresh.
How to prepare Persian noghl with the flavor of ginger and the flavor of the rose is the same way. You just need to add ginger powder or dried rose powder as desired.
Notes for Persian noghl:
- You can use small pieces of nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, etc to make small this sweet.
To prepare the almond flavor of this sweet at home use thin and small slices of almonds.
- If you like to make colored noghle urmia you can add some saffron or food coloring to the noghl dough.
- To flavor ththis you can use coriander seeds, cardamom powder, ginger powder, some burdock root extract, or even dried rosemary and whatever you like.
- To prepare colored this sweet you can pour the ingredients of the sweet into separate containers and add a different color and a nut to each container and make noqhl with different flavors and colors.
- This sweet needs a few hours to dry. For this, it is better to place the trays in the room air for a few hours and after they are completely dry pour them in a suitable container.
- In order to make the homemade version tasty you can use rose water or bidmeshk juice(garage bitmask) instead of adding water to sugar in the first step.
- To prepare the saffron noghl just add 1 or 2 spoons of brewed thick saffron to the ingredients in the white or simple Persian noghl.
Mlabbas (Syrian Arabic) , and Noghl (Iranian Persian), or Nuql (Afghan Persian) (Persian: نقل), or sugar-coated almonds, is a traditional Syrian, Iranian and Afghan confection. It is made by boiling sugar with water and rose water and then coating roasted almonds in the mixture. It can also be made with other nuts such as walnuts or other items. Noghl is often eaten along with tea.
1. What is the method of keeping noghl?
To store this be sure to pour it into a closed container in the refrigerator so that it does not lose its moisture and does not harden.
2. What is the difference between the noghl of Uramia and others?
Cardamom powder or extract is usually used in the preparation of Uramia noghl to make it tastier and more aromatic.
3. What is Persian Noghl?
Persian Noghl is a type of confectionery that originates from Iran. It is made from a variety of nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, or pistachios, which are coated with sugar syrup to create a Traditional Persian sweet.
How is Persian Noghl made?
This is how to prepare this Iranian sweet: First, we boil water and add glucose, then add almonds or walnuts to the ingredients and stir, and after 10 minutes, this sweet is ready.
Did you like this recipe?
- If you have experience eating noghle Urmia, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about Persian noghl in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this sweets and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.