Whenever the name Akbar Joojeh comes up, I don’t know what kind of food awaits me. I mean, it had an interesting name, and when I was a teenager, I experienced the taste of this dish with my friend when we were on the way to Gilan.
A restaurant in the middle of the road served this delicious and interesting food, and we tried it there.
When I got older, I said I should cook this delicious food for my family, and as usual, I succeeded. In the following, this recipe is my experience, and I will share it with you.
This food is a delicious Iranian food which name is derived from the name of Haj Ali Akbar Kolbadi, who is the founder of the restaurant Akbar joojeh is famous in Mazandaran.
In this article, we will first talk about the history of Akbar joojeh, and then we will describe how to prepare this food in a restaurant way and all its techniques. So stay with us at meals cook site.
This food is like that joojeh torsh.
Akbar joojeh recipe
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Ingredients akbar jojeh:
|1 small piece
|Salt, turmeric, and pepper
|as much as needed
1. Chicken with less than one kilo weight is used in the original Akbar Joojeh recipe. Therefore, preparing a chicken weighing about 1.8 to 2 pounds is better.
2. Clean the prepared chicken and thoroughly clean the wings. Empty the inside of the chicken’s belly and wash the chicken well with water. Then, cut it in half with a sharp knife.
3. In the next step, prepare a suitable bowl and put the chicken cut in half into it slice the onions, and add them to it. Then chop the garlic and add it to the chicken.
4. Then add two spoons of brewed saffron to the chicken to give color to the whole chicken. Then, spread the saffron over the whole chicken with your hands.
After that, add salt and pepper to the chicken and spread it completely under and over the chicken. Finally, spread lemon or fresh lemon juice under and over the chicken.
5. for the chicken to be fully flavored, put the cellophane in the bowl and let it stay in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
6. As long as the chicken tastes good, it’s time to make the sauce. For this, break the walnuts and finely chop or grate them. Then peel the garlic and grate them, too.
Then, put the grated garlic with the chopped walnuts in a container, add the pomegranate paste and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and mix the ingredients well until they are completely uniform.
7. Then we go to the seasoned chickens. We take a large pot or pan and pour oil inside it. We put the chickens in cold oil.
8. Put half an onion, a few cloves of garlic, and half of the butter into the pot. Let the chickens cook for half an hour on low heat.
During this half an hour, fry one side of the chicken every 15 minutes. During this time, cover the lid. We do not leave the pot.
9. After the chicken is ready, put it in a tray, pour the prepared pomegranate paste sauce, and serve it with saffron rice.
You can also read chicken koobideh recipe.
History of akbar joojeh
Akbar Joojeh is one of the traditional Iranian dishes with roots in the country’s north. The history of this delicious food dates back to less than 100 years ago. Ali Akbar Kalbadi had a small cafe in Golugah City, east of Mazandaran.
He served tea and breakfast to the residents. Kalbadi started serving food in his small cafe and turned it into a restaurant. He prepared lunch for passengers and truck drivers who passed through the area.
At that time, Kalbadi started serving chicken in his new way. The new chicken was seasoned with lemon, salt, and pepper and fried in oil.
He served the chicken with saffron rice. This new dish was extremely delicious because Kalbadi prepared a special pomegranate sauce. This dish became popular very soon and became known as this.
Rumor has it that customers used to mock Kalbadi with the nickname “Chicken” because of his short and skinny height. Ali Akbar Kalbadi and his family started a new branch in Mazandaran and Golestan provinces.
He expanded his business and made a big name in the food industry. This food is offered all over Iran and has branches in America, Canada, and even the Persian Gulf countries.
Notes for akbar joojeh:
- Onion and saffron are not used in the original Akbar Joojeh recipe. But using onion and saffron will give your food a unique flavor.
- Use a Persian doogh drink next to this.
- In the end, melt a little butter and pour it on the chicken to make it fatter and give your food a unique taste.
- The most suitable oil for preparing this food is frying oil, in which you can use a small amount of butter.
- The perfect rice for this restaurant is Persian rice.
- Do not skin the chicken; otherwise, your chicken will be dry.
- It is better to use 3.5 to 5.5 ounces of butter. In most restaurants, local butter is used for frying.
- The cooking time of this food should be slow and gentle. It takes at least 2 hours.
- You can change the seasoning of the chicken as you like.
- Seasoning the chicken the night before is better than preparing this food.
This quote from Wikipedia
Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world. Owing to the relative ease and low cost of raising chickens—in comparison to mammals such as cattle or hogs—chicken meat (commonly called just “chicken”) and chicken eggs have become prevalent in numerous cuisines.
Chicken can be prepared in a vast range of ways, including baking, grilling, barbecuing, frying, and boiling. Since the latter half of the 20th century, prepared chicken has become a staple of fast food.
Chicken is sometimes cited as being more healthful than red meat, with lower concentrations of cholesterol and saturated fat.
The poultry farming industry that accounts for chicken production takes on a range of forms across different parts of the world.
In developed countries, chickens are typically subject to intensive farming methods while less-developed areas raise chickens using more traditional farming techniques.
The United Nations estimates there to be 19 billion chickens on Earth today, making them outnumber humans more than two to one.
Benefits of Akbar Joojeh
Akbar Joojeh contains vitamins A, C, D, and E, and since it is high in protein, it can increase your energy levels and improve your muscles.
Therefore, athletes can benefit from it. This food contains calcium and magnesium, which keep bones and teeth strong and help prevent osteoporosis.
FAQ Akbar jujeh
1.what is akbar joojeh?
Akbar joojeh is a delicious Iranian food which name is derived from the name of Haj Ali Akbar Kolbadi, who is the founder of the restaurant Akbar joojeh is famous in Mazandaran.
2. What is served with akbar jujeh?
3. Can I freeze this food for 2 weeks?
This food should be consumed fresh, and it is wrong to freeze it.
Did you like the Akbar joojeh recipe?
- Please share your experience about making this food.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I don’t suggest you this dish.
- You can ask me questions about this food in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this recipe and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook and YouTube.