Chicken koobideh kabab or kabab koobideh morgh is an excellent combination of minced chicken breast meat with onion, Iranian-brewed saffron, and delicious spices. This kebab is very healthy and useful compared to other kebabs.
The excellent combination of saffron and Iranian spices creates a very delicious kebab. In addition to being delicious, it is a very healthy and useful food, suitable even for people who have a fat-free diet and go to the gym.
In this article, I refer to the full explanation of this dish and how to cook it in different ways in the oven and a pan.
What is chicken Koobideh made of?
Authentic Iranian chicken kobbideh kebab is prepared from a combination of minced raw chicken breast, onion, brewed saffron, bell pepper, parsley, and special Iranian spices.
The combination of these ingredients is skewered and grilled in different ways in a frying pan, in the oven, or on charcoal in a barbecue.
After cooking, this kebab is served with Iranian rice or various Iranian breads, and it is very healthy and nutritious.
Necessary tools for preparing chicken pounded kebab
To make this delicious dish easier, you need the following items:
- Meat Grinder
- Frying pan or grill pan
- home oven
- Wooden or metal skewers
Chicken koobideh kebab recipe
This recipe combines chicken with various vegetables and prepares it in the oven. This cooking method is easier than cooking on the grill and easier to prepare and cook for parties and large numbers.
To see the complete step-by-step tutorial on preparing chicken koobideh kabob oven recipes, stay with the meals cook site.
Chicken meat is much healthier than red meat for people with blood pressure, fat, heart problems, etc. The chicken meat used for this food should be fillet or breast meat without skin and bones.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 120 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chicken koobideh oven recipe:
Chicken koobideh kabob Ingredients:
|1/2 of 1 pcs
| 1.1 pound
|Salt and pepper
|Turmeric powder, paprika, and barbecue spices
|in the required amount
1. To prepare delicious koobideh chicken kebab in the oven, we wash and peel the onion. Then we grate it and take the onion juice by hand. We also wash the bell pepper and chop it very finely. We grind the chicken meat with a meat grinder or food processor.
2. Mix minced chicken, grated garlic, drained onions, chopped bell peppers, and chopped parsley in a large bowl. We add bread powder, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, paprika, and barbecue spices.
3. Then, we knead the ingredients well until they are completely and evenly mixed. We cover it with cellophane and put it in the refrigerator for an hour to combine the flavors. Grease the bottom of the oven tray with oil.
4. At this stage, we put the meat ingredients on the bottom of a pan or a tray suitable for the oven with a thickness of one and a half centimeters in a completely uniform manner with the same diameter. If it is thin, it will be dry; if it is thick, it will not be cooked.
5. After we spread the kebab ingredients on the bottom of the pan, we cut it into 2 to two and a half centimeters. We rub oil and saffron on the kebabs with a brush. Cover it with foil and put it in the oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes until it cooks.
6. At the end of the kebab cooking and in the last 5 minutes, remove the foil from the pan, brush it with oil and brewed saffron, and turn on the oven grill until the kebabs are roasted and golden.
7. We spread melted butter on the food as desired, then put them in the dish. Finally, we serve the kabob with fried tomatoes and parsley. Enjoy your meal.
Best side dishes to serve with chicken koobideh kebab
Along with this dish, you can use Iranian rice with saffron or Sangak bread depending on your taste. You can use tomatoes or grilled peppers as a side dish. Yogurt sauce or tomato and vegetable sauce can also be used on this kebab.
What is chicken koobideh kabob(kabab koobideh morgh)?
Of course, as the name of this kebab shows, chicken meat is used in its preparation instead of red meat. Kabab koobideh is one of the traditional Iranian dishes, and due to its popularity, we can only find people who like it.
If you are also one of the lovers of this delicious kebab and for whatever reason you cannot eat red meat, we recommend you start making this delicious kebab with chicken meat.
You can also read soltani kabab recipe.
How to make chicken koobideh kabob in a pan:
In the following video and the following recipe, I will teach you how to easily prepare pounded chicken kebab in a pan. You don’t need to do anything special, just follow the steps step by step to experience the best chicken koobideh kebab you’ve ever seen.
|half a teaspoon
|Salt and black pepper
|Turmeric powder and oil
Related: joojeh kabab in air fryer.
1. To prepare chicken koobideh kabob, place the chicken breasts on the kitchen board, separate the bones from the meat, grind them twice in a meat grinder or blender, and pour them into a large bowl.
2. At this stage, we peel the onions, and after washing them, we grate them with a fine grater. Then, squeeze the juice of the onion completely by hand and add the juiced onion to the bowl containing the minced chicken meat.
3. Now peel and wash the garlic, grate it, and add it to the other ingredients. Next, we grind coriander seeds and sprinkle salt, black pepper, and turmeric powder on the chicken meat.
4. Then, we knead the ingredients well with our hands until the flavor of the spices reaches all parts of the meat. After that, cover the bowl with cellophane.
5. Then, we put the bowl in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours because the meat rests and tastes well. After the ingredients rest, we remove the bowl from the refrigerator.
6. At this stage, we grease the bottom of the pan we want with a little oil, pour the ingredients on the bottom of the pan, and spread it with the palm of the pan with the same diameter until all the spots of the ingredients are uniform.
7. Then, we put the pan on the heat and let the meat absorb its water. We brewed the saffron, poured the butter into a small pan, and put it on low heat until it melted.
8. Now, we add saffron to the butter, and when the chicken koobideh is ready, we gently cut the meat with long slices like a koobideh kabab. Then, we turn the cut kebabs slowly with a spatula and a spoon.
9. Then, we apply a mixture of butter and saffron on the kebabs with a brush because of not dry them, and they also get the aroma of saffron
. After it is fried, we turn it again to apply the butter and saffron mixture on the other side.
You can also read joojeh torsh recipe.
How to make chicken koobideh kabob skewer:
10. Of course, you can skewer this kebab like koobideh kabab. To grill this kebab on charcoal, we should use wide skewers like kabab koobideh skewers and knead the kebab mixture for at least 10 minutes until it becomes sticky.
11. Another point is that if you want to cook this kebab on the grill, add 100 grams of fennel to the ingredients and grind it with the chicken.
First, soak the skewers with onion juice, then take a small part from the ingredients and put it on the skewers.
12. Now, you need to prepare the charcoal grill. Be sure to wait until all the coals are fried, then place the kebab skewers on the grill.
First, wait for the kebabs to stick to the skewers and hold themselves, then turn them continuously until grilled.
13. While cooking the kebabs, you can apply a mixture of butter and saffron to make them more delicious. It is recommended to use grilled tomatoes with your barbecue. Finally, serve with Sangak bread or Persian rice after the kebabs are ready.
Weight Management and Heart Health
Research suggests that 25-30 grams of protein per meal can help us feel more full. Protein rich meals can make us feel fuller despite us eating less, which helps to promote better weight management. Healthier weight leads to improvements in risk factors for heart problems such as high triglyceride levels and high blood pressure. A food rich in protein, chicken can help with weight management and reduce the risk of heart disease.
9 Notes for Chicken Koobideh Kabob:
- If you are preparing this kabob for many guests, it is better to be careful with the use of garlic. Not everyone may like it.
- The reason for using coriander seed powder is to flavor food. The combination of the taste of coriander seeds with chicken will be perfect.
- In preparing the food kebab like in a restaurant, before skewering the kebabs, it is better to knead them for ten minutes so they do not fall off the skewers.
- Have a bowl of hot water with you. You can put some turmeric and salt in it. For the meat not to stick to your hands and to make it easier to skewer the kebabs, you should sometimes rub your palm in it.
- Adding paprika to the delicious chicken koobideh recipe is a good solution.
- Fresh lime juice gives a different flavor to this kabob. After cooking and serving, you can add some lime juice to the butter and saffron sauce or pour lemon juice on the kebabs.
- You can use wooden skewers to prepare this kebab and cook this food in the oven or a diet pan.
- The ingredients required for the grilled chicken on charcoal are the same as those for pan-fried chicken; only the cooking method is different.
- Remove the onion juice before adding the grated onion to the restaurant’s chicken koobideh ingredients. Onion juice loosens the barbecue ingredients.
1. Is it possible to prepare chicken koobideh in the oven?
How to prepare this kebab in the oven is very simple. For this, you must prepare the ingredients according to the earlier method.
Then you can put the chickens in a special oven dish, divide them, and leave them in the oven for a few minutes.
2. How to increase the nutritional value of chicken koobideh kebab?
To increase the nutritional value of this food, you can combine more vegetables with chicken and serve it next to grilled or boiled vegetables.
3. What are the best flavorings and spices for this kabab?
In the preparation, you can flavor it with garlic, coriander, parsley, saffron and black pepper, paprika, mustard powder, and lime juice.
4. What is the reason for the dryness and hardness of this kebab?
If you use only chicken breast, your kebab will dry. You can use mutton fat or meat to prevent the fried chicken from drying.
Adding butter to this kabob also prevents the kebab from getting tough. Another method is to use a mixture of thighs and breasts for your ground chicken.
5. What is served with this kabob?
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about making this Persian chicken koubideh.
- I don’t suggest this dish if you are looking for vegetarian food.
- You can ask me questions about the Persian chicken koobideh kabob recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this recipe and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook and YouTube.