Sangak bread(nan sangak) is one of the traditional breads of Iran which has a much higher quality compared to other types of bread. It is interesting to know that the history of Sangak bread in Iran goes back to the Sassanid period.
Preparing Sangak bread with sesame and vegetables is also possible and it can be given a better taste. It should also be noted that this bread has fewer calories than other breads and because of its texture it will make you feel full very soon.
You can easily make homemade sangak bread in the oven and if you are interested in learning how to make this type of bread at home follow this article to the end with meals cook site.
1. How to make sangak bread in the oven?
Sangak bread with oven recipe
For: 3 people
Preparation time: 90 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients nan sangak:
|Half a teaspoon
Instruction nan sangak:
It may be a little more difficult to prepare Sangak compared to other breads. In the continuation of the step-by-step tutorial on how to prepare this bread, we have brought it to you so that you can easily use it and prepare Sangak bread in the best way.
1. First of all it is necessary to mix one-third of the flour with the yeast to prepare the sourdough starter.
2. Then add a cup of lukewarm water and stir well.
3. After this put a nylon on the bowl and let it rest for 24 hours at room temperature. Note that the water must be lukewarm. About 45 degrees Celsius is a good temperature.
4. Next you should mix flour, a cup of lukewarm water, and salt together in a suitable bowl. Continue mixing until a smooth mixture is obtained. Now you have to add the yeast that has rested for 24 hours to this mixture.
5. Next mix all the ingredients well and knead.
6. After this cover the dough with cellophane and let it rest for another hour. It should be noted that the dough must be refrigerated.
7. In order to prepare Sangak bread well and like a Sangak bakery you must use pebbles. For this wash some pebbles and place them in the oven tray.
8. Next set the oven to 356 Fahrenheit and place the tray in the oven to heat the stones.
9. Now you have to spread the dough on a flat surface. Note that you must put a bowl of water next to your hand so that the dough does not stick to your hand. After spreading the dough on a suitable surface you should place it on the heated stones and sprinkle sesame on the surface of the dough. But note that before doing this grease the stone with butter or oil a little so that the bread does not stick to it.
10. Place the tray in the oven to bake the bread.
11. After one side of the bread is cooked and golden you should turn the bread over so that the other side is also golden.
12. Finally remove the tray from the oven and after the stones have cooled down a little remove the bread from it.
You can also read kale pache recipe.
2. How to make sangak bread without an oven? (Sangak bread without oven recipe)
Above we saw how to prepare Sangak bread in the oven but if you don’t have access to an oven you can try how to prepare this delicious and useful bread without an oven. In this case, your work will be a little more difficult but the good news is that you should not despair of baking Sangak bread at home without an oven. It is enough to pour some pebbles into a suitable-sized pan and let it heat up. (For example, a two-sided pan is very suitable for this.)
After you put the dough on the hot pebbles you should put the lid on the pan and do something that takes the same conditions as the oven. For this purpose be sure to set the heat to a medium and low level so that the surface of the bread does not burn or sink before it is cooked.
Notes for sangak bread:
In order to experience the best way to prepare homemade sangak without stones keep these things in mind:
- If you want your Nan sangak to have a higher nutritional value it is enough to use wholemeal flour instead of regular bakery flour in preparing this bread. In this way, you can prepare whole-grain Sangak bread and enjoy its excellent aroma and properties.
- It is necessary to keep a bowl of water nearby and moisten your hands regularly to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. However, if you see that the dough is too hard sprinkle some water on it and knead until the dough is a little soft.
- In addition to sesame, you can also use vegetables to flavor the bread. For example, cumin, black seed, and seed kernel are good choices.
- Once the bread is baked and you remove the tray from the oven be sure to let the bread and stones cool before removing them.
- In the way of making Sangak bread if the oven is set at 356 Fahrenheit the time needed to bake the bread will be 20 minutes.
- The bread should be completely toasted and cooked and there should be no burn marks. Because burnt bread is considered a risk factor in getting various cancers you should avoid eating these parts. We recommend that you be careful with homemade lavash bread or any other type of bread to prevent the bread from burning.
Related: koofteh nokhodchi.
Benefits of sangak bread
Sangak bread has significant properties. It is low in sugar and cholesterol. This also makes it a good bread for people with diabetes and high blood pressure. Also this bread is satiating and according to its benefits, it is placed in the category of healthy and nutritious food. It should be noted that in addition to what was said sangak bread helps digestion and cures constipation.
Also, Sangak is more nutritious if it is made with sesame. Sesame has calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, magnesium, vitamin A, and essential fatty acids for the body.
Wheat flour is unique among cereal flours in that, when mixed with water in the correct proportions, its protein component forms an elastic network capable of holding gas and developing a firm spongy structure when baked. The proteinaceous substances contributing these properties are known collectively as gluten. The suitability of a flour for a given purpose is determined by the type and amount of its gluten content. Those characteristics are controlled by the genetic constitution and growing conditions of the wheat from which the flour was milled, as well as the milling treatment applied.
Did you like this recipe?
- If you try Nan Sangak, Please share your experience with us.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this bread.
- You can ask me questions about Nan-e Sangak in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.