Kuku Sabzi is a very tasty and fragrant kookoo whose ingredients are kuko herbs, eggs, and spices such as black pepper and turmeric powder. It contains herbs such as leeks, shallots, and coriander. This dish is one of the most delicious and simple coco along with kotlet.
It is a very simple food that is more than 1000 years old and is the fastest and, at the same time, very nutritious. Kookoo sabzi is similar to the Italian food named frittata.
In fact, the main origin of this food goes back to the Turk regions of Iran. Kuko is a type of khagineh or omelet. During the Qajar era, this food was called coloring and decoration of the table.
Kuku has different models, such as potato kuku, eggplant kuku, and meat kuko. This dish is like ghormeh Sabzi, its main ingredients are fresh and aromatic vegetables.
After preparing the kuku sabzi ingredients, we fry it in oil and eat it with tomatoes, pickles, and bread. This food is the most suitable food for vegetarians.it is served with barbari bread or sangak bread.
What is sabzi in persian?
sabzi is meaninig the vegtebales. We have different types of vegetables or sabzi that are used in many foods as ingredients, and we have other types of sabzi which served next to some foods, for example (loobia polo and sabzi polo mahi).
We have some other vegetables which are fragrant and we Iranians dry them and use them in food or salads, such as salad Shirazi or in yogurt.
For: 4 people
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook for: 30 minutes
You can also read kookoo sibzamini recipe.
|Kuku herbs (clean and chopped)
|Wheat flour (sifted)
|Salt and black peppercorns (pounded)
1. First, wash the required vegetables and then chop them completely with a suitable knife.Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with a hand mixer.
2. Pour herbs, garlic, flour, barberry, chopped walnuts, salt, and pepper into a bowl and mix them thoroughly, then add the egg and mix them thoroughly.
3. Pour all the kuku mixture into a pan containing hot oil and spread the mixture evenly with the back of a spoon. Reduce the heat and close the pan.
When one side of the kuku is fried, place a suitable plate on the opening of the pan and carefully.
turn the kuku into it put the kookoo on the other side in the pan and place it again on low heat until the other side is also fried, then it Return it to the desired dish, cut and serve.
4. You can also design it with barberry and chopped walnuts.
How to make kuku sabzi in the oven?
Preparing kuku sabzi in the oven is just like a simple kuku recipe. Only in the last step you should use a mold instead of a pan. If you have a large mold, sprinkle it with a little oil and flour, and then pour the kuku mixture into the mold and spread it with the bottom of a spoon.
First, cook the kuku mixture for 5 minutes at 392 Fahrenheit and then reduce the oven temperature to bring it to 338 Fahrenheit so that the kuku is cooked at a lower temperature than the middle of it.
As soon as you smell the kuku sabzi, take the mold out of the oven, pour two tablespoons of liquid oil on it, and then turn on the grill oven. Return the mold to the oven to grill it for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes or less (if you feel that the kuku is cooked) remove the mold from the oven and immediately serve it in the desired dish.
Notes for kookoo sabzi:
- Use fresh vegetables to make kuku sabzi so that it tastes good and does not run out.
- To cook kuku the oil in the pan must be hot enough so the kuku does not stick to the pan and does not crumble when flipped over.
- It is better to roast the kuku herbs in advance because the middle of the kuku remains raw during cooking.
- Be careful not to use too much coriander in kuku vegetables because it makes it bitter.
- You can serve kookoo sabzi as a snack or sandwich for lunch, dinner, and appetizer.
- To make your food more delicious, use barberry and chopped walnuts inside. For this, grind the walnuts so that they are not powdered, and wash the barberry beforehand so that they are not watery.
- To make this food tastier, use yogurt to make the texture of the kuku soft. Be sure to use yogurt juice or condensed yogurt. You can also use a tablespoon of milk.
- Adding some baking powder makes the texture of the kuku more uniform.
- Fry the kuku herbs with butter to get a different taste and aroma.
- Don’t chop the kuku herbs too finely because it will affect its taste and it won’t taste good, and be sure to use fresh herbs.
- Kuku herbs include coriander, leek, parsley, and dill, and the size of these herbs is different leeks make up the largest part of them, followed by parsley, cilantro, and dill.
- Be careful not to use too much coriander because it makes the kuku bitter.
- You can add a spoonful of flour to this food for more consistency.
- If you are not in the season of spinach, use beetroot leaves or some chives to prepare kuku herbs.
- Use less coriander to avoid making the kuku bitter.
- It is highly recommended to use 3 cloves of garlic for better taste.
- In order for the heat to reach all parts of the pan equally use a flame spreader.
- If your herbs are frozen, use more flour in food preparation.
- If you want the kuku sabzi to puff up more, use baking powder. To do this it is better first to add it to the yogurt and egg mixture. Then, transfer these ingredients to the main bowl.
- Use a Teflon pan so that the ingredients are easily separated and do not stick to the pan.
- When you want to fry the other side of the kuku be sure to pour a little oil in the pan.
- Resting the kuku mixture makes the ingredients sticky and won’t separate easily.
- If the amount of eggs is low the kuku herbs will fall apart.
What are the properties of kuku sabzi for you?
Most foods have various properties. Kookoo Sabzi also has properties that are good for your health. In the following, you can read about four of these properties.
- Coriander, leek, and parsley are vegetables that are high in fiber. As a result, this food is useful for people who have constipation.
- In addition to being high in fiber, kuku sabzi can supply the body with folic acid. Folic acid prevents anemia and iron deficiency in the body.
- The protein in egg white is more valuable than the protein in meat and legumes. In fact, it can be said that this food is useful for strengthening the memory and growth of children.
- Barberry is another ingredient used in this food. Due to the presence of pigments from the bioflavonoid family in barberry, it prevents the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases.
- Due to its high amount of vegetables, kuku sabzi can be very good food for all ages and provides nutrients such as vitamins and fiber to people’s bodies. Also, with the relatively low calories of this food, you can use it in a slimming diet.
- How many calories are in kookoo sabzi?
Every 10*10 slice of kuku sabzi has 200 calories.
2.What is kuku sabzi made of?
This kuku is prepared from a combination of herbs, eggs, and spices.
3.What to serve with kuku sabzi?
- What are the types of kuku?
We have diffrent type of kuko,for example kuku sabzi,kuku sibzamini,kuku bademjan and etc.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about cooking Persian Herbs With eggs.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest Persian Herbs Kuku.
- You can ask me questions about Persian kuku in the comments.