Mast o musir is one of the condiments that has many fans and can be used as an appetizer. Also mast o musir with chips has many fans.
This traditional Iranian appetizer is used with many dishes.In addition to its wonderful taste,mast o musir has many nutrients and health benefits,including iron,zinc,calcium,potassium and phosphorus.
Among the health benefits of this appetizrer,we can mention things such as eliminating allergy symptoms,rapid weight loss,blood sugar reduction,and cardiovascular health.
The nature of musir is hot and dry and can eliminate the coldness of yogurt,as a result,the combination of yogurt and musir together creates a balanced nature.
In this article,we introduce the recipe for mast o musir.It means how to prepare mast o musir,the properties of mast o musir and finally the side effects of this appetizer.
For: 4 people
preparation time: 15 minutes
Mast o Musir Recipe
1. Pour dry shallots in boiling water for an hour and after an hour,chop or grate the soaked shallots.
2. Pour shallot powder,chopped shallots,low-fat yogurt,salt and pepper in a suitable bowl and mix well.
3. Then put it in the refrigerator so that the ingredients completely taste each other. mast-o-musir is eaten and served along with albaloo polo, dami gojeh, kalam polo shirazi,kabab koobideh,kabab soltani,kabab bakhtiari,chicken koobideh,loobia polo.
You can also read kaleh joosh recipe.
Ways to use shallots:
- Shallot is an appetizing and warm seasoning.Shallot can be used in different ways.
- Shallot can be dried and then powdered and its powder can be used in yogurt,various sauces and different foods.Also,fresh shallots can be used to prepare mast o musir.
- Heat and fry the shallots with their skin on a low flame,then peel them and grind them into powder and use them as a seasoning in soups and sauces.
- Preserve fresh shallots in vinegar or aromatic herbs and pepper and turmeric and then mix them with other pickles.
What is Musir?
Musir(shallot) is the closest species to garlic in terms of properties and edible uses.In Iran,shallot has many edible uses since long ago and is used as a seasoning in the preparation of seasonings,pickles,or aromatics and to disinfect doogh and yogurt.
Shallot contains high amounts of antioxidants,flavonoids such as quercetin,vitamin A,vitamin C and important minerals such as sulfur,potassium and manganese.
It is a plant from the garlic family,which root is like an onion and its leaves are narrow with purple flowers.The flower of this plant is used as an ornamental flower.
What is the difference between shallot and garlic?
Shallot and garlic are two different plants,but they have the same properties.There are 40 different types of shallot and it has a taste similar to garlic and is less bitter than garlic.Like garlic and onion,shallots have antioxidant,blood thinning or antibacterial properties but the minerals and vitamins in them are different.
Both garlic and shallots have anti-cancer properties due to the presence of sulfur.Shallots grow in the form of an almost large bulb from the root of this plant that has grown underground and is used with various products.Garlic in the form of several cloves.
The small garlic is in a bag but the shallot is in the shape of an onion.
Amazing health benefits of shallot:
1.Shallot help to promote healthy hair growth:
Shallot is beneficial for promoting healthy hair growth and has been shown to increase blood circulation to the scalp and promote hair growth.
Shallot contains sulphur which reduces hair fall and increases hair shine.You can also mix shallot with lemon,doogh and honey to get rid of dandruff.
2.Shallot to improve brain function:
The brain is the driving force of humans.It regulates all body functions.Deficiency of any important nutrient that is important for brain function will interfere with optimal functioning. Shallot is rich in vitamins,minerals and amino acids that increase brain function.
Shallots provide gamma-aminobutic acid,a key neurotransmitter that helps reduce stress and relax the mind.Vitamins also contribute to mental and emotional functioning by regulating hormonal and enzymatic reactions in the brain.
3.The antioxidant properties of shallots:
Fortunately,shallots are rich in antioxidants.Ingredients like costerine and natural kaempferol that fight against free radicals.Allicin is another such antioxidant that is found in onions and garlic and also helps reduce cell mutations.
4.Shallot to improve blood circulation:
Shallot helps improve circulation in the body and increases blood circulation.Iron,potassium and copper help increase the production of new red blood cells,as well as promote healing and metabolism.It can also be useful to help treat anemia.
5.Participation in nervous stability:
Sometimes the balance between hormones,neurotransmitters and other biological compounds is lost.For example the use of stimulants leads to an increase in cortisol,a neurotransmitter hormone.This causes an increase in the number of neurons,a heightened state of consciousness and an inability to relax.
6.Shallot to reduce blood pressure:
Blood pressure is a vital factor in maintaining a healthy heart and good circulation.Shallots contain allicin,which can lower blood pressure along with potassium which helps dilate blood vessels.This process prevents blood clotting and protects the cardiovascular system from stress.
7.Shallot to prevent diabetes:
Shallot has hypoglycemic properties that can help control diabetes.This property is due to the presence of photochemical substances in them.Two types of photochemicals mainly found in shallots and alveol disulfides are responsible for its anti-diabetic properties.
These photochemicals can also help improve insulin sensitivity and better blood glucose control.
8.Shallot for weight loss:
Obesity significantly increases the risk of certain diseases such as diabetes,cancer and heart disease and as mentioned in the Moist Health section,shallots can help you lose weight by using their low calorie content.
9.Shallot help to maintain bone density:
Shallot contains the main ingredients that are very important for bone health.Eating foods rich in calcium and vitamin D keeps our bones healthy.
10.Having healthy skin with shallots:
Shallot fights the microbes responsible for skin infections due to its nutrients, and sulfur prevents premature aging.Sulfur also helps prevent the accumulation of dead skin and is effective in soothing redness and sensitivity of sensitive skin.
11.Shallot to help the body’s defense system:
The immune system is very complex.The smallest defect in our immune system can lead to catastrophic consequences.Shallots contain many immune-boosting nutrients that trap foreign invaders and prevent infection.
The properties of shallot are in yogurt:
Mast o musir contains vitamins A and C,folate,calcium,magnesium,phosphorus and antioxidants.Mast o musir consists of two components:yogurt and shallot.
Shallot is from the garlic and onion family and has the properties and benefits of garlic.One of the properties of shallots is to strengthen the immune system.The nature of shallot is hot and dry and ingredients such as vinegar balance its heat.
Among the properties of mast o musir for the health of the body,we can mention the health of bones,improving food digestion,rejuvenating the skin,strengthening the hair,preventing blood cholesterol,preventing gastrointestinal cancers and resistance to microbes.
Half a cup of diced shallots contains 56 calories, 5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of sugar, and 12 grams of carbs. Shallots contain no fat. Other important nutrients in shallots include:
- 832 milligrams of vitamin A (18% of the daily value)
- 25 milligrams of vitamin B6 (12.5% of the daily value)
- 234 milligrams of potassium (7.5% of the daily value)
- 5 milligrams of vitamin C (10% of the daily value)
- 25 milligrams of manganese (10% of the daily value)
Sorced by: stylecraze.com
Disadvantages of mast o musir:
Excessive consumption of mast o musir in some people may show side effects and harm.Among the side effects of eating too much mast o musir are things like stomach reflux,irritable bowel syndrome,headache,heartburn and allergic reactions in people who are allergic such as skin rashes,redness,itchy eyes,and asthma.
- Gastric reflux
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Allergic reactions such as asthma, skin rashes and red and itchy eyes.
Notes for mast musir:
- Mast o musir definitely needs salt.But not much.
- You can finely chop one or two stalks of celery inside the mast o musir,which has a pleasant flavor.
- If you use dry shallots (powder or shallot granules) it is better to give it a day for the powder to release its aroma in the yogurt.
- Mast o musir gets pleasant with grated cucumber and the mixture of two flavors is very pleasant.In addition,if you grate the cucumber with the skin it has a more beautiful color than the peeled cucumber.
- Other things that can be added to mast o miusir or used to decorate it:
- Black or white pepper –dry mint or oregano –dry rosemary – walnut – labo – basil and…
- Dried shallots can be obtained in confectionery stores.
Due to its hot nature, eating shallots is harmful for hot-tempered people and raises the body temperature. To prepare shallot yogurt, use low-fat yogurt with fresh shallots and some oregano and pepper instead of salt. If you do not have access to fresh shallots, use shallot powder.
1.What is persian moosir in english?
Moosir is called in English as persian shallot and it is very similar to garlic.
2.What is Mosir?
Shallot is a plant from the Allium family and is in the same family as onion,garlic and chives.To add the mild taste of onion and the spicy taste of garlic,shallots can be added chopped or sliced to various dishes.Also this plant can be used to make vinaigrette sauce brighter.
3.How many calories are in Mast Moosir?
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about making this appetizer.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this persian mast-o-musir .
- You can ask me questions about mast-o-musir recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this recipe and love the taste of it,please share your pic and video with us in facebook & youtube.