I love Iranian kebabs, especially kabab soltani. My father made this dish for us for the first time. I had already eaten kabab koobideh. One day, my father said, come, I made a great kebab for you, and I saw that he had koobideh a skewer and prepared a barg skewer with rice for me.
I had never eaten leaf kebab before, but after 34 years, the taste still lingers on my tongue. You only need to travel to Iran once and taste the authentic and excellent kebabs of this country. In my opinion, you can find the best kebabs in the world in Iran.
Kebab and soltani kabob is one of the best foods in Iran, which is usually served at every ceremony or party. Kebab is a Caucasian food and for the first time, Naser al-Din Shah Qajar introduced kebab to Iran.
Later, court chefs changed their way of cooking and transformed from a courtyard to a market food.
Today’s kebab is considered to be a purely Iranian dish and perhaps the reason for its high price is the high price of meat used because the most delicious kebab is made from mutton. kabab Soltani is a type of kebab that can be used in lamb or veal.
Most of the market kebabs and restaurants use more affordable veal, but if you want to make this delicious dish with mutton, it is best to make it at home.
My experience table:
|My level of interest is from 1 to 10
|The ease of cooking
|Daily meal, party meal
|What is served with?
|Lemon, Orange, sabzi khordan
In this article, we are going to introduce you to how to make kabab Soltani (Sultani kebab) and its important points.
For: 6 people
Preparation: 30 minute
Cook for: 1 hour
Ingredients for kabab soltani(soltani kebab):
|Mutton breast meat
|5 pcs (3 pieces for kabab barg and 2 pieces for koobideh kebab)
| 2 pcs
Instruction for kabab barg for kabab soltani(sultani kebab):
1. To prepare barg kebab for kabab soltani recipe in cone-shaped,cut the straight meat into 8,5 and 3 cm wide and 12 cm long.
2. Slice the slices half a centimeter thick.
3. Wash and clean onion and bell pepper, chopped them, and then mix chopped onion and bell pepper in a bowl with liquid oil, saffron, and black pepper. Pour the meat slices into it.
4. Cover the container with cellophane and refrigerate for 24 hours.
5. After 24 hours, remove the meat from the ingredients, beat it gently with the back of a knife or a steak hammer to make the meat slices thin and shape, and apply liquid oil and saffron while beating.
6. To skewer the pieces of meat, first skewer the 8 x 12 pieces, then insert the 5 x 12 pieces and the 3 x 12 pieces into the skewer respectively, place the skewer on a wet board and shape it with your hands. Then cut the excess meat from both sides to make the kebab cone-shaped.
7. Put the kebab skewers in the refrigerator for 2 hours and then put them on a fire and while frying, apply kebab sauce on it so that it doesn’t dry out.
Related: kabab ghafghazi.
Instruction for kabab koobideh:
1. Mince the mutton offal twice.
2. Grate the onion and squeeze its juice.
3. Mix the minced meat with grated onion, salt, pepper, and saffron well and knead until a sticky and uniform meat mixture is obtained.
4. Skewer the meat and after skewering the meat, put it in a cool place (refrigerator) for at least 2 hours and then transfer it to the fire.
5. Put the kebab koobideh next to the kabab barg and serve with rice, grilled tomatoes, and lemon.
How to make kabab soltani(sultani kabob)?
NOTES for kabab soltani:
Important points in preparing the ideal kabab koobideh for the kabab soltani recipe:
- The meat used for kabab koobideh must be ground twice.
- The meat must be stale or frozen and two days have passed since its slaughter.
- Meat fat should be balanced.
- When skewering the meat it should be very cold.
There are tips for skewering kabab koobideh which are essential to know to prepare an ideal kebab.
The tools you need to skewer the kabab koobideh :
- It is an aluminum can on which the skewers are arranged and transferred to the refrigerator. The kebab skewers should be placed together in such a way that there is no space between them and air does not flow so that the meat does not dry out.
- Skewer:it is better to use a steel skewer.
- Warm water: to wet your hands while working. Wetting your hands in water is done for two purposes:
- one is so that the meat does not stick to the hand and is easy to skewer and the other is that the water that is put on the kebabs wets the surface of the meat and when the kebab is on Heat, this water evaporates and penetrates deep into the meat, making the meat cook better and make it more tender.
The method of skewering kabab koobideh for kabab soltani recipe:
1. Wet your hand completely, take a handful of meat, and make it into a circle.
2. Knead the meat with your hands until it forms a spindle so its tip is thin and its end is wide.
3. Take the skewer, place it between the meat push the meat inside, and close the openings of the meat from top to bottom.
4. In this case the skewered meat is quite thin and the end is wider. Wet your hand again and pull the kebab by opening and closing your hand from top to bottom, for this purpose the thumb should touch the finger after the index finger.
5. To make ridges on the kebabs, press the meat with the side of your thumb to make grooves on it. These grooves allow the heat to penetrate the core of the meat and make the kebab cooked.
Lamb, hogget, and mutton, generically sheep meat, are the meat of domestic sheep, Ovis aries. A sheep in its first year is a lamb and its meat is also lamb. The meat from sheep in their second year is hogget.
Older sheep meat is mutton. Generally, “hogget” and “sheep meat” are not used by consumers outside Norway, New Zealand, South Africa, Scotland, and Australia. Hogget has become more common in England, particularly in the North (Lancashire and Yorkshire) often in association with rare breed and organic farming.
In South Asian and Caribbean cuisine, “mutton” often means goat meat. At various times and places, “mutton” or “goat mutton” has occasionally been used to mean goat meat.
Lamb is the most expensive of the three types and in recent decades sheep meat is increasingly only retailed as “lamb”, sometimes stretching the accepted distinctions given above. The stronger-tasting mutton is now hard to find in many areas, despite the efforts of the Mutton Renaissance Campaign in the UK.
FAQ Sultani Kabob
1. What is the difference between Soltani Kabob and Bakhtiari kabab?
soltani kabob includes a Barg skewer and a Koobideh skewer, but Bakhtiari kabab is a combination of chenjeh kabab and joojeh kabab.
2. What is the main ingredient in soltani kabob?
The main ingredient of soltani kebab is Mutton breast meat, Straight mutton, Medium onions, Black pepper, and Saffron (brewed).
3. What is served with Soltani Kabab?
4. What kind of meat is soltani?
Mutton breast meat, Straight mutton is used in making kabab soltani.
Did you like the recipe for Soltani kebab?
- If you have experience eating kabab soltani, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I don’t suggest you any kebabs.
- You can ask me questions about kabab soltani in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make kabab soltani and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on facebook & mail.