Reshteh khoshkar is one of the delicious and unique sweets of Gilan, which requires special skills to make. This local sweet is prepared semi-prepared, then fried in oil and served with tea.
The recipe for this dessert is very simple and does not require much time. The name of this sweet is derived from the shape of the sweet.
In this article from the meals cook site, we will teach you how to prepare this dessert in a simple way. So stay with us.
Reshteh Khoshkar recipe
For: 4 to 6 people
Preparation time:30 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
Ingredients for dough:
Ingredients for inner:
|Cardamom powder(hel spice)
Ingredients for syrup:
|Lemon juice in a small amount of saffron, cinnamon, and cardamom powder
|in small amount
1. Prepare dough
In the first step, you should combine a glass of rice flour with two glass of wheat flour. Then, add the water gradually and prepare the dough.
You can also use an electric mixer to make a dough. After mixing all the amount of water and flour, mix for 5 minutes until thoroughly combined.
After the water and flour are well combined, discard the dough from a strainer to have a soft dough. The dough should rest at ambient temperature for 1 to 2 hours after preparation.
2. Pouring the dough into a frying pan
After preparing the dough, you should pour it into the pan in a special way. To do this, you need special tools usually inaccessible in other cities.
For this reason, it is best to make your own tool for making a beautiful sweet.
Below, you can learn how to make a funnel. At this point, you should first grease the pan with some oil. To do this, you only need to apply an oil-soaked cloth on the bottom of the pan to make it slightly greasy.
Then, pour the dough into a special funnel, which is liquid, and dilute and spread it into the frying pan. You must pour the dough into a frying pan to look like a mesh.
3. Removing the dough from the frying pan
After pouring the dough into a frying pan, fry it for a few seconds to bake. When the dough has changed slightly, remove it from the frying pan before darkening. Note that the flame must be set to low heat at this stage.
Because the dough is very thin and sensitive, it will quickly darken and burn. For this reason, you should reduce the flame and remove it from the pan within seconds when it is still completely soft and flexible.
4. Preparing inner ingredients
In this step, to prepare the ingredients inside reshteh khoshkar, you should combine finely chopped or ground walnuts with some sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom powder in a bowl and mix well.
You can taste it and change some of them according to your taste.
5. Pouring the ingredients into reshteh khoshkar
You must go to the half-cooked dough of reshteh khoshkar at this stage. Spread it on a flat surface. Then, fold the two sides inwards.
Pour the inner ingredients into these noodles. Note that you should not spread the inner ingredients in every part.
Pouring one or two spoons in the middle of the half-baked reshteh khoshkar is only necessary. Then, fold it into a roll and press the two sides of these noodles to make them firm.
Do this procedure for all of them and then place them on a cotton textile to cool
In the last step, after preparing all of them, you should fry them in oil. Pour some oil into a frying pan and let it heat up completely.
Then, arrange the noodles in the pan. When one side of it is golden, turn it over so that the other side is also golden.
7. Putting in syrup
If you wish, you can also eat reshteh khoshkar without putting it in the syrup. But traditionally these sweets are usually put in syrup and then served.
To make the syrup, you should combine water, sugar, rose water, saffron, and some lemon juice and put it on low heat.
Let the syrup thicken a little, and then after frying reshteh khohskar, dip it in the syrup and eat it.
You can also read blooming tea recipes.
How to prepare the funnel of reshteh khoshkar(Reshteh Khoshkar tool)
To make homemade reshteh khoshkar, you need a funnel with several holes. You can make a few holes in the plastic bottle cap for this.
For the dough to come out of the bottle more easily and regularly, you can make a hole in the lid and put some reeds in it. So that the reed is firmly placed inside these holes.
You can use a hot nail to poke holes in the plastic bottle cap and then quickly press the reeds into each hole to secure them firmly.
Related: persian love cake gluten free .
What is Reshteh Khoshkar?
Reshteh Khoshkar is one of the sweets of the month of Ramadan, which belongs to the city of Gilan in the north of Iran. Its ingredients are rice flour, white flour, special syrup, and intermediate ingredients made from cinnamon, sugar, and walnut kernels.
This sweet is prepared in Tehran and most cities during the holy month of Ramadan. The taste of this sweet is delicious, and if you like the taste of walnuts and cinnamon, prepare it for an iftar or evening meal.
How to make reshteh khoshkar?
To prepare this sweet, you must prepare a special mold. The preparation of this dessert has two parts. One part is the preparation of reshteh khoshkar, and the other is the ingredients inside it.
- Be sure to put a brush next to your hand and grease the pan well.
- If you want the color of this sweet to be more colorful, you can use a little thick brewed saffron.
- You can use pistachio or hazelnut powder instead of walnuts for inner ingredients.
- You can use all kinds of aromatic spices like ginger for inner ingredients.
- You can put this in the syrup after it is ready, but if you want it to be diet and healthier, eat it without it.
- You can store it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- If the dough is too loose, add a little flour; if it is too hard, add a little water.
- With this amount, you will have about 40 reshteh khoshkar.
- You can fry them and put them in the refrigerator, and when you want to serve it put them in syrup.
- If you notice after mixing water and rice and wheat flour, your dough is too loose. You can add a little flour to it and mix the ingredients again. If the dough is stiff, you can add a little water to the dough and mix it well.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring the dough into the pan. Because the flour may have settled at the bottom of the funnel after a few minutes.
- To pour the dough into the pan, it is better to first pour a round of ingredients horizontally into the pan. Then, pour another round of dough vertically or diagonally to form a net shape.
- To make the inner ingredients of this sweet, never grind the walnuts too much.
- Many people fry khoshkar noodle dough without inner ingredients. For this purpose, after the dough is half-cooked, fold it and make it a little bigger than other reshteh khoshkar, and then fry it in oil.
- After frying these noodles, you should grease the pan again with an oiled brush so that the ingredients can be easily separated from the pan.
- You can add some nutmeg to the ingredients inside this if you wish. Instead of walnuts, you can use other nuts such as pistachios, almonds, and coconut powder.
- You can prepare these sweets and keep them in the freezer if you like. Then, fry it out of the freezer whenever you want.
- If you like this sweet to have a soft texture, you can fry it less.
- To decorate them, you can pour some pistachio powder or coconut powder on it.
- You can use milk instead of water to prepare homemade khoshkar noodles.
- Instead of mixing rice flour and wheat, you can use only rice flour to prepare it.
- This sweet is also prepared with starch. You should use white flour and starch instead of wheat flour and rice flour to make the dough for this delicious dessert.
You can also read pashmak recipe.
Cinnamon is a delicious spice, and modern science has now confirmed what people have instinctively known for ages. Here are ten health benefits of cinnamon that are supported by scientific research.
1. What is the main ingredient in reshteh khoshkar?
Rice flour, Wheat flour, and Water are the main ingredients in this sweet.
2. What is served with this sweet?
3. Can I freeze reshteh khoshkar?
You can fry Khuskar noodles immediately or keep them in the freezer for 2-3 months and fry them when needed.
Did you like this recipe?
If you have ever had the experience of eating any Iranian sweets, please comment.
If you have any questions or suggestions for the recipe for this sweet, please leave a comment.