Kabab torsh and my honeymoon trip. The memory I remember was my first honeymoon trip, when I ate sour kebab(kabab torsh) for the first time in a local restaurant. It really tasted great, and I still haven’t forgotten it after 7 years.
Usually, for every food that I eat outside the house and I really like it, I have to make a sample of it inside the house. In short, I made this dish, and it turned out great, so be sure to stay with me until the end of the article.
The northern part of Iran has many traditional foods. Kabab Torsh is one of the most famous ones. Other famous dishes in north Iran include mirza ghasemi,morgh torsh, and torshi tareh. In general, northern dishes are very tasty and worth trying at least once.
How to make a kabab torsh? (Kabab torsh recipe)
Kabab torsh can enchant you with its special taste. One of the most delicious Iranian kebabs, whose origin goes back to the north of the country, and with its delicious taste and soft and crispy texture, it is becoming one of the kebabs you won’t get enough of once you eat it.
Preparing delicious northern kabab torsh is very easy, and you need to follow the recipe to get the original taste of this dish. This Kebab is usually made with veal fillet meat, which has a soft texture and is easily flavored with various spices and onions.
There are different Iranian kebabs; the most famous is kabab koobideh. One of the most different flavors of Kebab is the kabab torsh, which you will never forget because of the sourness of the pomegranate paste.
Kabab Torsh is a good suggestion for kebab fans who are tired of the taste of other kebabs and are looking for a little variety. The main secret of the taste of the kabab torch is the use of aromatic local vegetables. Like other kebabs, this dish can be eaten with rice or bread as a main meal.
To make a kebab with a different and attractive taste, if you are a fan of sour foods, stay with the cooking section of the meals cook site to introduce you to how to make delicious kabab torsh.
For: 6 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
My experience table:
|My level of interest is from 1 to 10
|The ease of cooking
|Daily meal, party meal
|What is served with?
|Nan sangak, sabzi khordan, mast o musir
|Lamb or veal
|Vegetables (parsley, tarragon, coriander, savory, chochag)
|in the necessary amount
|Salt and pepper
1. First, cut the meat into the right pieces and put it in a bowl of the right size.
2. Peel an onion and grate it with a grater.
3. Grind the walnuts or chop them in a mixer and add them to the grated onions. Then, add the pomegranate paste to the mixture.
4. In this step, wash and chop the vegetables and add them to the mixture of onion, walnuts, and pomegranate paste. Now, you can combine the remaining ingredients until you get a creamy paste.
Use northern vegetables that are special for this dish. If you use local vegetables such as Chuchag, Khalwash, and Bineh in preparing Gilani Sour Kebab, this dish will have a more original and pleasant taste.
If you don’t have access to these vegetables, you can add coriander and parsley. Add chopped garlic to the desired mixture.
Note that you should not add salt at this time; if you add salt at this stage, your meat will be tough. Put your pieces of chopped meat in the sauce and put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours to rest.
The longer the meat stays in the sauce, the tastier it becomes. Of course, note that the rest of the meat in the sauces should be for 12 to 24 hours as a standard, but if you are in a hurry, 4 hours is enough.
5. After removing the meats from the refrigerator, skewer them and grill them on charcoal. Move the skewers constantly so that the Kebab cooks evenly.
6. Cut or skewer some tomatoes and grill them as well. Your kabab torsh is ready.
Related: morgh nardooni recipe.
Northern kabab torsh is the flagship of Gilani cuisine
In preparing kabab torsh Gilani, lean cuts of beef or lamb are usually used in a tasty combination of pomegranate paste, walnuts, garlic, parsley, and olive oil.
To prepare this delicious and popular food, you must skewer the meat and grill it. Usually, this food is served with fresh vegetables and rice.
It is better to know that what makes this dish pleasantly tasty is using different fresh herbs and pomegranate juice or paste, which makes the meat sour and soft for a long time.
As you know, serving food with aromatic vegetables and other seasonings multiplies the pleasure of eating. Sour and aromatic elements create a magical combination in Iranian cuisine, and this dish highlights and displays this perfect harmony.
Kabab torsh Gilani is a type of Kebab that has North Gilani origins. This food has a sour and very delicious taste, and even if you are not from the north of Iran, you will become a fan of this food. It should be noted that the taste of this Kebab is different from other kebabs, and many people like it.
The important point in preparing kabab torsh is to use local northern vegetables. Of course, if you don’t have these vegetables available, you can use substitute vegetables instead.
Traditionally, in this dish, they use a completely fresh and special plant that grows in Gilan and Mazandaran provinces. This plant is called Chuchag.
You can easily buy this plant if you can travel north of Iran. In this article, how to prepare kabab torsh Gila taught. This is a very easy recipe. You need to make the gravy the night before.
How to prepare kabab torsh in a pan
It is interesting to know that you can make a kabab torch in a pan and on gas. In the way of preparing sour Kebab on gas, it is better to pound the meat a little after its texture becomes soft.
Put it in a container and add ground walnuts, pomegranate paste, vegetables, salt, and pepper as in the process of making it on the grill and charcoal.
Mix the meat. Then pour some butter or oil in the pan and put the meats in the pan.
Notes for kebab torsh:
Keep the following points in mind to make this excellent Gilani kebab more delicious:
- Northerners use fresh local vegetables in this food. If you don’t have access to the mentioned vegetables, you can use mint, coriander, and parsley instead.
- According to your taste, you can change the amount of kabab torsh. If you like a sour taste, you can use sour pomegranate paste; if you are not a fan of sour foods, you can use sweet pomegranate paste.
- You can also use pomegranate juice to make your sauce thinner and sour. You should not use salt when adding meat to the sauce made for this food because if you add salt, the kebabs will lose their moisture and become dry and hard during cooking. Adding salt when the barbecue is cooking on the coals is better.
- Keep in mind that the flames should be moderate. So that the kabab torsh does not burn, and, at the same time, it is completely cooked. Turn the skewers several times and remove them from the heat before the kebabs dry out. Therefore, be careful to cook the kebabs on medium and even heat because it will taste bad if it burn.
- Add plenty of pepper because the hotter the dish, the tastier it is. If you observe the same point in preparing chicken koobideh, you will experience a more attractive taste. It is better to know that if you want your Gilani sour kebab not to harden and become a bit juicy, you should not cook it too much.
- In the recipe for kabab torsh, you can add pomegranate to the sauce mixture instead of pomegranate paste. Be aware that you have to crush the pomegranate.
- It is interesting to know that to prepare sour chicken koobideh; it is enough to use chicken breast or thigh instead of veal or sheep meat.
- If you have pomegranate paste and don’t have access to veal or mutton, you can add some pomegranate paste to the mixture to prepare sour chicken kebab with pomegranate paste.
1. How many calories are in a kabab torsh?
There are 275 calories per 100 grams of kabab torsh.
2. Is kabab good for diet?
Kebab is rich in vitamins, proteins, iron, and mineral salts. On the other hand, since no oil is used in its cooking, it has one of the healthiest cooking methods, which ensures that its minerals and properties are preserved during cooking, and it is a useful meal. And it is complete.
3. What is served with kabab torsh?
4. Can I freeze this kabab?
No. Finally, you can store it in the refrigerator for two to three days. The kebab should be consumed fresh.
5. Is this kabab healthy?
Yes, most of the kebabs are very healthy and useful because they are not fried are grilled with fire, and contain a lot of protein.
Did you like this kabab torsh?
- Please share your experience about cooking this Persian khoresh bamieh.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I don’t suggest this kebab.
- You can ask me questions about the kabab torsh recipe and cabbage in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.