Torshi tareh is the best traditional food. This food rises from Gilan. Gilan is the food capital of the country, with more than 170 types of food and different local seasonings. This province is world famous in terms of food diversity and the way of cooking traditional foods.
How to make torshi tareh? (Torshi tareh recipe)
In this article, we are trying to introduce you to another delicious food from Gilan called Torshi Tareh which is very popular and is considered one of the vegetarian foods and requires few raw materials.
This tangy and spicy food is made with dried mint, garlic, egg, and torshi tareh herbs. It is perfect for those who love a sour and savory taste. Also, it is a food that everyone, from vegetarians to everyone, will definitely be a fan of. This food is also served with bread and rice according to people’s taste.
Now it’s time to learn the recipe of torshi tareh. So be with us in this article with the meals cook site.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Amount of calories: 430 calories per 100 grams
|Torshi tareh herbs including parsley, coriander, spinach, and leek(the amount of leek should be less than the others, and the amount of spinach should be more than the rest of the vegetables.40% of 2.2 pounds should be spinach)
|Raw rice or Rice flour
|enough to cook rice and vegetables
|1 large plant
|Salt, pepper, and turmeric
|as much as needed
|2 or 3 pcs
You can also read morasa polo recipe.
1. Finely chop torshi tareh herbs
First, clean and wash herbs. When the vegetables dry up, chop them finely.
2. Cooking rice and herbs
Then pour the vegetables in a pot, the cleaned and washed rice, and some water. The water should be enough for the rice and vegetables to be cooked and mashed. (You can use rice flour instead of rice)Add salt, pepper, and turmeric, and let the ingredients cook and crush on a gentle gas flame.
Ten minutes before the end of cooking, add verjuice and stir well.
3. Mash and puree torshi tareh ingredients
Remove the cooked ingredients from the gas and mix well with a manual or electric masher until they are crushed. Now fry them with some butter or oil on low gas heat. Measure the sourness and salt of it. Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
Fry the garlic and add the eggs to the garlic and fry. Let the egg set a little, then stir and mix with garlic.
4. Add garlic and egg to torshi tareh
In the last step of cooking torshi tareh add the mixture of garlic and eggs to the mashed herbs and rice. At the end, add as much pepper as you like. Torshi tareh is a thick and low-water stew.
5. Serve torshi tareh with rice or bread
Serve this food with rice, bread, white fish, smoked or salted fish, and olives.
It is interesting to know that several Gilani foods such as morgh torsh, baghali ghatogh, mirza ghasemi, ash anar, zeytoon parvardeh, and a few other local foods have been registered in the national register.
11 Golden Notes for Torshi Tareh:
- If you add a little mint and chacha to the combination of herbs, it will be delicious.
- Walnuts usually do not have a place in the preparation of torshi tareh.
- The method of preparing Anzali torshi tareh and the preparation of Astara torshi tareh are the same.
- Use lentils instead of rice to prepare torshi tareh with lentils.3.5 ounces of lentils are enough for 2.2 pounds of herbs.
- In the preparation of torshi tareh with fish, you must use fish instead of meat or chicken and follow the rest of the steps as described above.
- This food’s sourness depends on your taste; you can make it less or more.
- You can cook the egg in the last stages, like Mirza Ghasemi. Break into the stew and stir. In this case, you should fry the garlic with herbs and add it to the stew.
- If local Gilani herbs are unavailable, you can remove them or use spinach altogether. In this case, you will still have a delicious stew. If you want, add some greengage to this food.
- Northern foods are prepared in different styles in cities and villages, and some ingredients may differ.
- Torshi tareh should not be watery, so it is better to use flour or rice in its preparation.
- Using flour or rice when making this food is better because using these two items simultaneously will thicken it.
leek, (Allium porrum), hardy biennial plant of the amaryllis family (Amaryllidaceae), grown as a vegetable. The leek is an ancient crop and is native to eastern Mediterranean lands and the Middle East. The plant is related to the onion and has a mild, sweet, onionlike flavour. Leek stalks are widely used in European soups and stews, especially as a complement to potatoes, and can be cooked whole as a vegetable.
1. What is torshi tareh?
Torshi tareh is one of the most delicious foods of the northern region of Iran, especially Gilan, Anzali, and Astara, in which herbs and meat of your choice are used. Of course, this dish can be prepared without meat and is suitable for vegetarians.
2. What is a torshi tareh herb?
The torshi tareh herbs include parsley, coriander, spinach, and leek. The amount of leek is less than the others, and the amount of spinach is more than the other vegetables.
3. What should we do if we do not have access to local herbs?
If you cannot access local herbs, you can use aromatic herbs such as mint and basil.
4. Can torshi tareh be made using meat?
Yes, this food can be cooked in various ways, and if you want, you can cook it using chicken or lamb.
5. What can be substituted for rice flour?
If you don’t have rice flour, you can use cooked or half-grain rice.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about making this appetizer.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this torsh tareh .
- You can ask me questions about torsh tareh recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this recipe and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook and YouTube.