Dopiazeh aloo is one of the traditional and old foods of Shiraz. It is interesting to know that Shirazi people call sibzamini aloo, and dopiazeh aloo is actually boiled potatoes with fried onions, which are flavored with dried aromatic vegetables and spices.
But it might be interesting for you to know that potatoes came to Iran from India, and the Indians also called potatoes plums, and this name has remained since the past.
We have 2 ways to prepare this food. We learn both ways in this article.
How to make dopiazeh aloo? (Dopiazeh aloo recipe)
You can serve this food with bread as a main meal or as an appetizer at parties. Dopiazeh aloo should be considered one of the traditional foods of Iran, which is easily and quickly prepared and can create a useful meal for people along with barbari bread or sangak bread.
This food is suitable for days when you don’t have time or patience to prepare food, and you can prepare this food quickly, preparing potatoes for several people.
In this article from the meals cook site, we will review how to prepare authentic and traditional Shirazi dopiazeh aloo so that we can easily cook this simple and delicious dish. Stay with us until the end.
You can also read morasa polo.
For: 2 people
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
First way(2piazeh aloo with tomatoe paste):
|2 medium ones
|two medium ones
|Salt, pepper, and turmeric
You can also read chicken koobideh oven recipe.
1. Wash the potatoes well and put them in a pot with water until they are boiled. After the potatoes are soft, you need to peel them and then cut them into cubes.
2. Now, it’s time to prepare the onions. For this, wash the onions well and remove their skin. After that, chop the onions into jewels or slices according to your taste and pour them into the pan with oil until they are fried. Add turmeric and black pepper to the mixture when the onions are fried.
3. After the onions are golden, add the tomato paste to the contents of the pan to remove its rawness and give a better color to the food.
4. Now add the chopped onions and some salt to the contents of the pan and fry for a while until the potatoes are slightly fried and mix well with the other contents of the pan.
5. Now, you can decorate dopiazeh aloo with fresh chopped or dried parsley or mint and serve it with bread. Along with this food, you can also use mast o khiar, torshi liteh, zeytoon parvardeh, sir torshi, according to your taste.
Second way(2piazeh aloo without tomato paste):
|4 medium ones
|2 medium ones
|Salt, black pepper, and turmeric
1. Wash the potatoes and put them in a pot with water until they are well-cooked and soft. After the potatoes are well cooked, remove their skins and mash them with a meat grinder or food processor.
2. After washing and peeling the onions, cut them into slices and fry them in a pan with oil. After the onions are slightly fried, add some salt, pepper, and turmeric to them and let them fry well and become golden.
3. Now, it’s time to add the potatoes to the pan. Pour them into the pan and fry until they mix well with the onions.
4. Now your food is ready, and you can decorate it with fresh vegetables or dried vegetables and serve it with some bread.
- You can not add tomato paste to this dish.
- Potatoes can be grated or mashed instead of chopped.
- Some are more interested in fried potatoes and can cut potatoes into cubes and fry them to use in this dish.
- To improve its taste, you can use minced meat or mushrooms in this dish.
- If you like spicy food, you can add red pepper to the food along with black pepper.
- Adding a little saffron is one of the tips that makes the food more delicious and colorful.
- At the end of the steps, add 1 egg to the contents of the pan.
Calories and nutritional value of dopiazeh aloo
You should know that every 100 grams of dopiazeh aloo has between 150 and 200 calories. Note that the calories of this food can change slightly depending on the ingredients used. If we want to point out the amount of calories and their nutritional value more precisely, we should mention the following items.
- Calories in one gram of dopiazeh aloo: between 1 and 2 grams
- Calories in one tablespoon of dopiazeh aloo: 13 to 20 calories
- The amount of protein in one hundred grams: 0.2 grams
- Amount of carbohydrates in 100 grams: 13 grams
- Amount of fat in 100 grams: 4.9 grams
- The amount of fiber in one hundred grams: 1.4 grams
1. What is the main ingredient in dopiazeh aloo?
Potatoes, Salt, black pepper, and Onions.
2. Can I freeze 2piazeh aloo?
No You can store this food in the refrigerator for a week.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about making this appetizer.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this persian dopiaz aloo.
- You can ask me questions about Dopiazeh aloo recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this recipe and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook and YouTube.