Joojeh torsh is one of the delicious and popular Iranian dishes which originally belongs to the north of the country. This delicious kebab is very similar to morgh torsh and it has a very good taste due to the use of delicious seasonings in its preparation.
Joojeh torsh is one of the most famous northern dishes along with dishes like kabab torsh, Akbar joojeh, etc., we recommend that you try joojeh kabab torsh in traditional northern restaurants if you happen to be in the northern provinces of the country.
This food is one of the delicious dishes prepared with chicken meat. This delicious dish like joojeh kabab does not need grill and charcoal, and you can prepare it in a pan. Of course, it will taste better if it is made on the grill.So we will teach you the recipe of this food on charcoal grill today in this article.
Pomegranate paste, walnuts and special vegetables are the three main bases of joojeh torsh. This dish is considered one of the best local dishes of Mazandaran. With the amount of ingredients included in this recipe, you can prepare this food for 4 people. If you want to make more or less just multiply or divide the amount of ingredients.
Stay with meals cook site with joojeh torsh cooking tutorial.
How to make joojeh torsh? (Joojeh torsh recipe)
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for joojeh torsh:
|Sour pomegranate paste
|Special vegetables for Gilani joojeh torsh
|4 to 5 tablespoons in total, including: chochag and khalvash, plus a little coriander, parsley and a much smaller amount
You can also read tahdig sibzamini and ghormeh sabzi recipe.
To prepare sour and delicious joojeh torsh follow the steps below. Of course we suggest that after preparing this dish you should also study how to prepare morgh torsh a popular dish of Gilani. This northern food also has a wonderful flavor.
1. First wash and dry the chicken fillet. Place the chicken on the kitchen board and cut it into squares or rectangles (similar to jooje kabab pieces).
2. It’s time to add ingredients to season the fillets. Cut the onions into large slices and pour them on the fillets along with brewed saffron, high-fat yogurt and diluted pomegranate paste. Then add salt, pepper and finally ground walnuts to the chickens.
3.Now add special vegetables that we said above to the chicken and mix it.
4. In this step stir the contents of the bowl with your hands so that all the fillets are coated with the ingredients. Then cover the bowl with cellophane and put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
5. After this time remove the bowl from the refrigerator and skewer the chickens. If you plan to make this food in a pan you should use wooden skewers. To prepare this food in a pan, pour a small amount of oil in it and arrange the wooden skewers. Then reduce the heat and let them fry slowly.
If you want to prepare this kabab on the grill, you can use a metal skewer. While grilling rotate the skewers that all parts of them are cooked.
Notes for joojeh torsh:
- Do not leave the lid of the frying pan from the beginning to make the joojeh torsh crispy. Let both sides of the chickens be fried well and then close the lid of the pan so that the chickens are well cooked and crispy.
- In order to make this chicken kabab crispy and juicy you can add two to three spoons of yogurt to the ingredients.
- Sour pomegranate paste is more suitable for making Sour chicken Gilani and makes this food crispy.
- You can add a few pieces of kiwi to the ingredients to make this food crispy.
- Add the salt to the chickens during cooking and when the chicken meat has cooked a little and has set itself, so that the chicken meat does not get tough.
- You can add a spoonful of thick brewed saffron to the joojeh torsh ingredients to make it more delicious. Of course original this food does not have saffron.
- If you think the taste of pomegranate paste is too sour for you, you can add sour pomegranate paste to taste the chicken.
- The combination of parsley, coriander, savory, tarragon in the amount of 3 to 4 tablespoons plus 2 cloves of grated garlic also gives a good taste to the northern joojeh torsh.
- Keep the distance between the chicken pieces on the skewer to cook the meat well. A finger knuckle is enough space between the chicken pieces on the skewer.
- Prepare this sour chicken without vegetables is also possible, you can even change the combination of vegetables in this food to your taste so that this dish suits your taste.
- Some people are interested in prepare sour chicken without walnuts and for this reason they remove walnuts from the ingredients.
Related: joojeh kabab in air fryer.
You can also read: anar bij stew.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about cooking this persian food.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I dont suggest you this dish
- You can ask me questions about joojeh torsh in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you cook this food and love the taste of it,please share your pic with us in facebook & mail.