Cake esfanji is one of the most delicious and simple cakes around the world, which is served as an evening dessert and breakfast with tea and is also a base cake for whipping cream cake. The evening meal is one of the pleasant snacks during the day. This cake is a promise that can bring family and friends together and leave you a simple and lasting memory.
Many times you may feel the urge to cook a delicious evening meal like a cake, but there is no variety of ingredients at home. Do not be disappointed in this situation because, with the simplest ingredients available at home, you can prepare the most delicious cake esfanji.
Cake esfanji is one of the simplest and most popular cakes and also has a simple and quick recipe. This cake is a kind of soft and fluffy cake that is used as the base of most ordinary cakes and birthday cakes.
Cake esfanji history
Cake esfanji became very popular in America in the 1920s and 1930s, but in 1615, a recipe called sponge cake was written by a poet named Gervase Markham, but this cake recipe was more like a cookie, and with the passage of time and changes in the recipe of this cake, it became like the present day.
The way make cake esfanji requires knowing the exact order of using the raw materials, as well as mixing the ingredients, using a suitable mold, and cooking temperature for a minute, which makes it a complicated cooking process.
You can get cake esfanji powder ready-made from stores, of course, if you want to experience a better taste, we recommend making the cake yourself at home. This delicious cake can be used as a breakfast like all kinds of pancakes. Cake esfanji is known by the names: sponge, chiffon cake, and angel food cake, but each of these is different from the other, but they are the same family.
With the amount of ingredients included in this baking recipe, you can make sponge cake for 4 people. If you want to prepare a smaller or larger amount of cake esfanji, just multiply or divide the amount of ingredients. Stay with meals cook with the cake esfanj baking tutorial.
How to make cake esfanji?
(Cake esfanji recipe)
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
|Cream of tartar (optional)
|Grated lemon peel (optional)
The 6 Best Things to Use If You Don’t Have Cream of Tartar
Cream of tartar is often used to stabilize egg whites and helps provide the characteristic high peaks in recipes like meringue.
If you’re out of cream of tartar in a case like this, lemon juice works as a great substitute.
Like cream of tartar, white vinegar is acidic. It contains about 3.75–5% acetic acid.
If you find yourself in a pinch in the kitchen, you can swap white vinegar for cream of tartar. This substitute works best when stabilizing egg whites for recipes like soufflés and meringues.
If your recipe contains both baking soda and cream of tartar, you can easily substitute with baking powder instead.
This is because baking powder is made up of sodium bicarbonate (aka baking soda) and tartaric acid.
Buttermilk is the liquid that is left behind after churning butter from cream.
Because of its acidity, buttermilk can work as a replacement for cream of tartar in some recipes.
It works especially well in baked goods, but you’ll need to remove some liquid from the recipe to account for the buttermilk.
Like buttermilk, yogurt is acidic and can replace cream of tartar in some recipes. Lactic acid bacteria produce yogurtTrusted Source.
Before you use yogurt as a substitute, thin it out with a bit of milk to match the consistency of buttermilk, then use it to replace cream of tartar in the same way.
If using cream of tartar to stabilize whisked egg whites, older research suggests you may be able to skip the cream of tartar altogether if you have a copper bowl.
To make this cake in the right way, you must use a kitchen scale to measure the ingredients, set the oven temperature to 180 degrees before working and use grease proof paper for the bottom of the mold.
1. Start making cake esfanji by measuring the flour and sifting it into a bowl 3 times. Next, add the baking powder to the flour and mix and sift again.
2. The sponge cake puffs up well when you separate the egg yolk and egg white and pour them both in separate bowls so that the quality of the cake is good and when you mix the white together with the yolk cake does not puff up well.
It is better for the eggs to reach room temperature and then use them.
3. Now it’s time to use sugar, for this you need fine granulated sugar, but don’t worry, you can pour homemade sugar in a grinder or food processor after weighing it and eat it.
Do not add more than 2 pulses of sugar, because it will turn into powdered sugar.
4. Pour sugar and egg yolk in a suitable bowl and mix well with a mixer, then add vanilla and mix for about 1 minute until it is completely uniform.
5. Continue the baking process of the cake esfanji by adding the boiled water to the yolk mixture and mixing the ingredients with the mixer at a high speed for 3 minutes. Do not forget to gather the ingredients every 1 minute and mix again.
Gathering the ingredients must be done to mix the yolk so that the cake does not smell of egg yolk.
6. The mixture of yolk and sugar is ready when the volume has doubled and the color is light and creamy, and when you take the paddles of the mixer out of the bowl, the ingredients pour into the bowl.
The stirring time for ingredients depends on the temperature of the ingredients and the type and speed of the mixer. So pay attention to the texture of the material.
7. Now it’s time for the egg white, for this, choose a large bowl, free of any oil, and pour the egg white into it, and if you want, add tartar sauce or the same amount of lemon juice to the egg white.(It is completely optional)
8. Next, in order to open the white texture, put the mixer in the bowl and stir for 2 minutes at a medium speed to get a foam-like state, it is called foaming.
9. To make the cake softer, beat the egg whites again after foaming, for about 3 minutes at a high speed until a white and snow-like state is obtained, and if you turn the bowl upside down, it will not fall at all and it is called the soft peak stage.
Stir according to the speed of the mixer and for the specified time so that the egg white does not become stiff and lumpy.
10. We continue this step by adding flour to the yolk bowl, so it is better to add the flour to the yolk little by little using a sifter so that it is easier to mix and does not form lumps.
Use a hand mixer for this step.
11. Now add the flour to the yolk in 2 steps and stir well each time with a hand mixer, whisk or wooden spoon so that the ingredients are mixed together and the flour is prevented from becoming balls.
12. Bring the bowl of egg whites close to you and mix some of the egg white foam with the dough with a spatula at first, and then add the egg whites to the dough in 3 rounds.
Add the white foam to the dough slowly and in a circular motion.
13. This step requires quick action, so place a 20 cm mold or two 18 cm molds next to the dough bowl and pour the cake liquid into the mold at a small distance.
If you divide the ingredients between 2 molds, be careful to pour the same amount so that they have the same cooking time.
14. In the continuation of the cake esfanji baking process, tap the mold 2 times on the work surface so that the dough fits. Now put the molds in the preheated oven and do not open the oven door for 20 minutes.
25 to 30 minutes for 1 mold and 20 minutes for two molds.
15. Now that we are getting close to the delicious moments, try baking the cake with a toothpick after the specified time, if the cake liquid does not stick to the toothpick, it means that the cake is ready. It should be golden on the cake and springy.
If needed, put it in the oven for another 5 minutes.
16. When the cake esfanji is ready, take the mold out of the oven and place it upside down on a wire rack so that the temperature of the cake reaches the ambient temperature, and then use a sharp knife to pull around the mold to remove the cake from the mold.
This is how to prepare sponge cake in a completely professional way. Do not forget that this cake is suitable for base cake and because of it does not contain oil, it dries quickly. I hope you like it and enjoy it.
How to make vegan cake esfanji without dairy
If you are not interested in using eggs and dairy for baking and you have a vegetarian diet, don’t worry because you can make sponge cake without the need for dairy and eggs. If you have dairy-free butter, hazelnut milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, flour, baking powder and sugar, preparing this cake will be very simple.
Cake esfanji recipe with milk
If you want a more moist cake texture, you can also use low-fat milk in your ingredients. In this case, you should remove the boiling water from the ingredients and use 2 cups of flour and a cup of low-fat milk instead of 1/5 cup of flour. This sponge cake has a softer and moister texture than the sponge cake without milk, and it will be more pleasant for children.
- There should not be any yolk inside the white, otherwise, it will be hard to form.
- You can put the mixer blades in the freezer for 5 minutes before mixing the egg whites until it is completely cold.
- If you want to make a cocoa sponge cake, add cocoa powder to the yolk and do not mix it with flour.
- Do not grease the walls of the mold for more than 1 cm, otherwise, it will catch the puff cake.
- Be sure to use white flour for making this cake.
- The fact that the egg is cold is one of the reasons why the cake esfanji does not puff up.
- Do not open the oven door when the baking time is not over because it will cause the puff cake to fall asleep.
- Using a small mold will make the cake puff up well, so be sure to use a mold with the right size.
- If the oven temperature is high, the surface of the cake will crack. In fact, the top of the cake will close quickly due to the high temperature, while the cake has not yet puffed up, that’s why when the cake puffs up, it will crack the surface of the cake.
- To cook cake esfanji, pour it into the pot and place the pot on the spreader flame and let the cake cook for 45 minutes.
- You can milk instead of water.
1. What is the most important reason for cracks on cakes?
The most important reasons for cracks on the cake are mixing too much flour, too small cake mold and filling it too much.
2. What things help cake esfanji puff better?
Be sure to sift the dry cake ingredients before adding them to the eggs so that you have a light and puffy cake. Finally, be careful that leaving the cake in the oven too long will dry out its texture and lose its puffiness.
3. How long cake esfanji be kept?
It is possible to store this delicious cake both in the refrigerator and in the freezer, as long as you can keep it in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To keep it in the freezer, you need to wrap the layers of the cake separately in foil so that you can keep it in the freezer for a month by putting it in a closed container.
Before serving your cake, put it in the refrigerator overnight and after it reaches room temperature, make the frosting.
4. What kind of cake is sponge cake?
Sponge cake is one of the simplest and most popular cakes. This cake has simple ingredients and is famous for its soft and fluffy texture.
5. How long does it take to cook a simple cake esfanji?
The process of preparing the ingredients and baking the cake will take you about an hour.
Did you like cake esfanji recipe?
- If you have experience eating persian sponage cake, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I dont suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about sponage cake recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this stew and love the taste of it,please share your pic with us in facebook & mail.