khorak zaban (Persian Lamb Tongue) is a luxury food that I highly recommend. Calf tongue cooked with spices and a special sauce is served with Iranian rice. A great food for parties and those who love meat and are against vegetarianism like me.
So, if you, like me, are looking for a new recipe for your parties, be sure to stay with me until the end of this article.
Khorak Zaban Ingredients:
|Meat extract cube
|Spices (Salt, black pepper, paprika)
Khorak zaban recipe:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
For: 4 serving
1. For this food, we should use a calf’s tongue. We remove the calf’s fat and wash it well to clean the calf’s tongue.
2. First, wash the celery stalks, carrots, and onions. As shown in the picture, cut the celery stalks in half and the carrots into wedges. It is better to keep the onions intact and not chop them.
3. Take a large pot and put the calf tongue in it. Put celery stalks, onions, bay leaves, and carrots in it, and then pour water at the same level as the ingredients in the pot and let it cook. (We use its juice to make sauce)
4. We need approximately 4 hours of cooking time to cook the tongue in a pot, but the cooking time will be less if cooked in a pressure cooker.
5. It is the best time to peel off the skin of the calf’s tongue because it is cooked, and the skin is easily removed. Do not stick a fork to determine whether the tongue is cooked because cutting it will not look good.
6. If you are sure the tongue is cooked, take it out of the pot and let it cool down a bit, then peel it and keep the juice aside for making the sauce. Let it cool down completely if you have time, then cut it.
If you don’t have much time, put it in the fridge to cool down, then cut it.
7. We use the juice over the strainer to make a sauce at this stage. When the tongue is completely cooled, we cut it into equal sizes with a sharp knife to look better when served.
8. Some people do not make sauce with this food. In this case, after cutting the tongue, we flavor its water with the desired spice, again put the cut tongue into it, and let it stay in the water until it boils and is flavored.
9. At this stage, to make the sauce, we pour a little butter into the pan, put it on low heat, and let it melt. Then, we peel, wash, and chop a medium onion.
After the butter melts, we put the onions in it, fry, and let it become golden. Then, wash and chop the mushrooms completely and set them aside.
10. Then, we gradually add 2 spoons of flour to the onions and fry until the rawness of the flour is taken and fried. Now we add 1 meat extract cube and mushrooms, and fry again.
11. After roasting the mushrooms, we add the meat juice we strained in the last step. Now, it’s time to add the tongues to the sauce. Let it boil, and the tongues become flavorful.
You can add salt and pepper to it if it is not enough, and if you like the red color of the sauce, add a little paprika.
We allow the food to settle. Now you can serve the food and enjoy eating it.
Related: kale pache recipe.
What is served with Khorak zaban?
This food is usually eaten with rice. This rice can be sabzi polo or baghali polo, which is very festive and suitable for guests.
Today, you learned how to prepare an Asian food specific to Iran. An excellent food for Calf’s tongue with special sauce and rice. This food is suitable for parties and important appointments in luxury restaurants. I hope you enjoyed khorak zaban recipe.
Indeed, if you know the food related to this food, comment for me. Join us in introducing this delicious food by sharing this post on social networks.