Traveling to Qazvin and eating delicious sweets, including baklava Qazvini. I have always loved traveling to Qazvin. I have always loved Qazvini food and sweets. From the popular gheymeh Nisar to Baghlava and other sweets of this historical and beautiful city.
Today I want to teach you how to prepare Qazvini baklava.
Baklava qazvini has three models:lozineh baklava, pitch baklava (gole roz baklava), and its most famous type, the flag baklava(parchami baklava) which is made with a combination of almond, sugar, pistachio, aromatics, saffron, rose water, cardamom and flour.
My experience table:
|My level of interest is from 1 to 10
|The ease of cooking
|Daily Dessert, party sweet
|What is served with?
|Persian tea, sour cherry tea
What is baklava qazvini?
We may know baklava as a souvenir of many Iranian cities. The baklava of Yazd, Kashan, Isfahan, Tabriz, etc., but the baklava of Qazvin is a little different.
The most famous qazvin baklava which is also known as three-color or flag baklava,is prepared from three to five types of dried fruits, and unlike Tabrizi baklava it has less nectar.
Each layer of this multicolored baklava is dedicated to one of the products of Qazvin’s traditional gardens. Qazvin people believe that this pistachio has a more special taste and its green color is more pleasant and does not lose its color when exposed to heat.
The other layers of this delicious dessert are made of saffron almonds and cardamom-flavored almonds, which are made with the sweet taste of aromatic nectar and baklava dough.
In Qazvin parchami baklava powdered sugar, pistachio nuts, almond nuts, saffron, rose water, cardamom, and flour are used.
If you want to have 5-color baklava, you can increase or decrease the amount of saffron to have two layers in yellow and orange and get help from cocoa to prepare another layer of color in baklava.
Today we want to learn the recipe of baklava parchami (baklava qazvini) of qazin. So be with us in this article.
How to make baklava qazvini? (baklava ghazvini recipe)
To prepare baklava qazvini,you must first prepare the ingredients for the baklava dough, the necessary ingredients for the baklava inside, and the ingredients for the baklava syrup as follows, and then proceed to cook it.
Baklava parchami (Flag Baklava):
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for dough:
|Melted solid oil
Ingredients for inner of baklava qazvini:
Ingredients for syrup:
Instruction for baklava qazvini:
1. First, we mix the egg with water, oil, and rose water add the flour little by little, and knead the dough until it becomes soft and smooth, then put it in a freezer bag and let it rest for about 2 hours at room temperature.
2. After that, divide the dough into two equal parts and flatten it with a rolling pin until it becomes very thin. Then spread it inside the desired mold that you have greased. Choose the mold suitable for the baklava ingredients.
3. Now mix cardamom powder, almond powder, and sugar powder divide it into four equal parts, and keep it aside. Pour one part of almond sugar into the dough and spread it with your hands.
4. Mix one part of almond sugar with saffron and pour it on the previous layer and spread it well with your hands, then pour almond sugar again and spread it again with your hands, and then pour pistachio powder on it and spread it well. And finally, pour the remaining almond sugar smooth it with your hands, and press it with a steak hammer until it is smooth and consistent.
Be careful not to press the ingredients too much, otherwise, the syrup will not get into the baklava and your baklava will be dry if you press it too little, the Persian baklava will puff up and become misshapen during cooking.
5. At this stage, flatten the second dough with a rolling pin and pour two spoons of melted oil on the baklava qazvini ingredients and spread the dough on it, then cut and smooth the sides of the dough with a sharp knife. Cut a size, then pour two spoons of melted oil on it and spread it with the back of a spoon.
6. Bake the baklava qazvini for about half an hour to 55 minutes, depending on the size of the mold, on the middle shelf of the oven at a temperature of 356 Fahrenheit.
How to make baklava qazvini syrup:
1. In the meantime, pour all the ingredients of the baklava qazvini syrup into a pot put it on the heat, and stir constantly until the syrup boils and the sugar grains dissolve completely.
2. Then remove from heat to cool slightly. Take the baklava out of the oven and let it cool down a little.
3. Then pour the syrup on it in two to three steps and close the mold so that the baklava stays overnight, then take it out of the mold and put it in the desired dish.Your baklava qazvini is ready.
You can also read cake yazdi recipe.
Additional notes about three-color baklava qazvini:
- Three-color baklava is one of the Iranian desserts.
- The cooking and waiting time is about 30 minutes.
- You can serve three-color baklava as a snack dessert.
- Note that the amount of ingredients and the recipe is suitable for 4 people.
- Be careful, if the ingredients are not pounded well, after cutting and cooking, the baklava will not be cohesive and the layers will separate.
- At the end, take the baklava out of the oven and pour the cooled syrup over it. If the syrup is hot, the baklava will become doughy.
Qazvini baklava storage methods:
- It is better not to keep baklava for a long time because its oil will oxidize over time and can cause digestive problems or change its taste.
- It is better to stack the baklavas qazvini next to each other or on top of each other so that they are less exposed to the air and thus dry more slowly.
- Place the baklava box away from smelly food.
- To store baklava, you must keep it away from sunlight and in the refrigerator.
Why We Sift Flour
Before milled flour became readily commercially available, bakers and cooks sifted flour to separate the flour from the chaff (corn or seed husk) and debris. Today’s refined flour won’t contain these unwanted elements, so if a modern recipe calls for sifted flour, it probably means that the recipe requires a more aerated flour without any lumps. For example, delicate treats like angel food cake get their fine, light crumb from sifted cake flour. If the recipe calls for sifting flour with another ingredient—such as cocoa powder—that process both aerates and combines the ingredients.
When to Sift Flour
The most important thing to remember is that unless the recipe specifically tells you to sift flour, don’t sift it. Modern flour processors sift flour many times before it leaves the plant, so home bakers rarely need to repeat the process. Flour sold these days is ready to use right from the bag.
If your recipe mentions sifted flour in the ingredient list, then you might wonder whether you should sift or measure first. The answer to this question usually depends on the recipe’s grammar: If the recipe calls for “2 cups sifted flour,” you should sift the flour into a bowl, then measure it. However, if the recipe calls for “2 cups flour, sifted,” you should measure the flour first, then sift it. Before tackling any home cooking, it is important you understand how to read a recipe.
Did you like baklava qazvini recipe?
- If you have experience eating baghlava qazvini, please leave your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about qazvini baklava recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this stew and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.