Cake Yazdi is one of the delicious and traditional Persian sweets. As the name of this cake shows, its history goes back to the historical and spectacular city of Yazd and it is one of the oldest and most nostalgic flavours that we Iranians remember.
Many of us remember cake yazdi with the memory of mistakenly eating its paper as a child, which seemed tastier than the cake itself.
We all know that the delicious taste of cake yazdi is doubled with tea, so don’t forget hot tea when serving!
The thickness of this cake is less than other cakes and it has an eye-catching crack on it. Cake Yazdi is the same as cupcakes or muffins.
It has a special, hearty, and unique taste despite the simple ingredients used in it.
Different types of cake yazdi:
Homemade cake yazdi, market cake, traditional cake, cupcakes, chocolate cake, saffron cake, etc. are among the things that can be mentioned.
In fact, the main ingredients of the existing types of this cake are the same, but with a slight change in this composition, we will have a new type of this cake.
You can also read baklava yazdi recipe.
for: 6 to 8 people
Preparation time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How to make cake yazdi?
1. To prepare the cake yazdi recipe, first pour the eggs together with sugar in a suitable bowl, then mix the ingredients with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes until their texture becomes elastic and their color is almost creamy.
2. After mixing the eggs and sugar well, add the liquid oil to the bowl and stir a little until the oil is uniform with the other ingredients. Next, we combine baking soda with yogurt separately.
3. Now add the mixture of yogurt and baking soda to the ingredients in the bowl and mix with a mixer for 1 minute until they are uniform with the other ingredients.
Next, add cardamom powder along with rose water and honey and mix them for 1 minute.
4. At this stage, we turn on the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius so that it heats up well, Then we combine the flour with baking powder and sift it once.
Next, pour the mixture of flour and baking powder into the sieve again.
5. Now, we sift the flour and baking powder over the ingredients in the bowl and mix the ingredients slowly from one side with a spatula until the cake batter is completely uniform.
Next, for more convenience, we pour the cake batter into a disposable pastry bag.
6. Now, we put the special Persian cupcake capsules in the muffin mold. Next, pour the cake batter into the capsules. Note that because of the large puff of this cake, we have to fill the molds halfway.
7. At this stage, we place the muffin mold in the middle of the oven and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes. When the cakes are puffed up, reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees and allow another 10 to 15 minutes until the cakes are golden and cooked.
At the end we remove the mold from the oven and let the cakes cool down, then we put them in the dish we want.
Baking this cake is connected with customs and rituals in Yazd, and serving it in most religious ceremonies, funerals, weddings, and Nowruz Eid, along with Persian tea, nan nokhodchi,shirini keshmeshi, kolompeh, is an obligatory part of the reception.
You can also read koloocheh recipe.
Notes for cake Yazdi:
- The correct size of ingredients is very important for making Persian cupcakes. Carefully measure and prepare all the ingredients in advance. Then start making the cake batter.
- The eggs, milk, yogurt, and butter you use for this cake must be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator after half an hour.
- Follow the order of mixing the ingredients. Mixing this order may cause your cake to harden.
- If you pour the cake ingredients directly into the mold, you must grease the mold but try not to put too much oil around the mold because the cake absorbs this oil and lowers its quality.
- Before the cakes are cooled, do not stack them on top of each other because the heat in them will make the texture of the cake dough.
- Observe the baking time of the cake. If it stays in the oven for 20 minutes, do not open and close the oven door for 20 minutes because this will make the puff cake fall asleep.
- Try to pour the ingredients of this sweet into the mould immediately after preparing it and put it in the oven. The longer the time between preparation and placing in the oven, the less puffy your cake will be.
- This sweet can be made in different ways, such as how to make chocolate cake and how to make two-color this sweet.
- You can use sesame and coconut powder or chocolate to decorate this sweet.
- By adding raisins, you can have raisin cake.
- You can make your cake by adding cocoa powder.
- The flour used must be sifted several times to make it light.
- Cooking time is different in different ovens, and this should be taken into account.
- You can prepare these cakes by creating a manual oven with a pot on the gas.
- The use of honey makes this cake more colourful
- If you use yogurt, you should use thick yogurt.
- Suppose you see that the edges of the cakes are puffed and baked, but the middle of them is not puffed. In that case, it is because the cake batter has waited a long time to go into the oven after being prepared (it should be immediately after adding the ingredients and mixing). Pour the batter into the mould and put it in the oven.
- Adjust the temperature to 20 degrees lower for electric ovens and toasters.
- If you can’t put all the molds in the oven together, cover the rest of the ingredients and leave them at room temperature fill the first mold that you took out of the oven with the remaining ingredients and put it in the oven.
- The oven temperature should be just below.
- In order to have this sweet with cracks, be sure to follow the two-step baking process. First high temperature and then low temperature.
You can also read Yalda Night Cakes.
sesame, (Sesamum indicum), also called benne, erect annual plant of the family Pedaliaceae, grown since antiquity for its seeds, which are used as food and flavouring and from which a prized oil is extracted. Widely cultivated, the sesame plant is found in most of the tropical, subtropical, and southern temperate areas of the world. The aroma and taste of sesame seed are mild and nutlike. The chief constituent of the seed is its fixed oil, which usually amounts to about 44 to 60 percent. Noted for its stability, the oil resists oxidative rancidity. The seeds are also high in protein and are rich in thiamin and vitamin B6.
FAQ for Cake Yazdi:
1. What is the reason for cake yazdi not puffing?
Opening the oven door before baking – setting the wrong temperature for baking – too much oil in the cake yazdi batter.
2. Can we cook cake yazdi without eggs?
Yes, instead of eggs, use lukewarm water and add 2 spoons of honey to the mixture.
3. How many calories are in each piece of cake Yazdi?
On average, each cake yazdi with an approximate weight of 58 grams has about 203 calories.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience with baking this sweet.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about the cake Yazdi recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this sweet and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook and YouTube.