Makaroni or Persian pasta is one of my favorite foods that I loved since I was a child and every day when I went to school I told my mom to make this food for me to eat when I came back from school. When I grew up and got married, my wife didn’t like it.
She couldn’t cook much either, but little by little every time I made makaroni more delicious than before, and she also gradually fell in love with it and this food was included in our family’s weekly food list.
makaroni is a relatively simple food that is very easy and quick to cook and is made with minced meat. Of course, I use more ingredients such as mushrooms, corn and bell peppers in makaroni to make it more delicious and colorful.
You can’t miss tahdig sibzamini of this food, and one of the motivations for me and my wife to make this food is this tahdig sibzamini.
Now today I want to share with you the recipe of this delicious food. So stay with Meals Cook until the end of this article.
For: 6 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
|2 medium ones
|2 large ones
|4 full tablespoons
|as much as necessary
|as much as needed
|Salt, black pepper, and turmeric
Persian Makaroni recipe
1. To make makaroni, I first make the makaroni sauce. So I start with the onion. I take the onion, peel it, wash it and chop it finely on the kitchen board.
I take a relatively large pan and pour liquid oil into it. I pour the chopped onion in it and put it on the heat until it is fried little by little and its color becomes golden.
2. At this time, I wash the mushrooms well and carefully and chop them on the kitchen board. The size of the mushrooms is better if they are large because while roasting and frying mushrooms shrinks.
3. After the onions are fried and golden, I add spices to them. First, I add turmeric and black pepper, then garlic powder, cinnamon, salt and thyme.
4. Now it’s time to add the minced meat. I add the minced meat and I fry it a little with onions and spices until the meat rawness removes. Then I add tomato paste and let the tomato paste fry well in oil and give color.
5. After frying the tomato paste in oil, I add the mushrooms that I chopped before. I always add the mushrooms at the last stage because.
as I said before, the mushrooms shrink during roasting and frying, so it is better to be added in the last step.
6. After adding the mushrooms, we fry it a little with other ingredients until its rawness removed. At this stage, I always add a very small amount of water to the ingredients and close the pan, reduce the heat and let the meat cook well.
Adding a small amount of water makes the meat cook faster and better and ultimately makes the makaroni tastier.
We give it about 20 to 25 minutes to cook on low heat. At this time, we start making pasta.
7. First, I take a pot suitable for the size of the pasta I want to make and then pour water. I fill about 2/3 of the pot with water and put it on gas and on high heat.
Add a little liquid oil and about 1 tablespoon of salt (depending on the size of the pasta is changeable). I add it and close the pot and let the water boil.
After the water in the pot boils, I add the pasta to it and let the pasta soften little by little. This process depends on the type of pasta and according to the type of pasta that is thin or thick, it takes 5 to 15 minutes to soften.
8. At this time, you should visit the pot and be careful not to make the pasta too soft. It should be neither too hard nor too soft when it goes under the teeth.
Now is the right time to wash, peel and slice the potatoes for tahdig. Of course, you can also use bread for tahdig.
After the pasta reaches the desired level of softness, I drain it. At this time, the meat is cooked and ready to mix with the pasta.
10. First, I heat the pot a little so that if it is wet, it dries on the heat. Then I pour oil in it and wait 30 seconds until the oil becomes hot.
I heat the oil for this so that tahdig does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Then I put the cut potatoes on the bottom of the pot.
12. Now it’s time to pour8 the pasta and its sauce. One of my tricks to make tahdig tastier is that after putting the potatoes on the bottom of the pot, I pour a little of the prepared sauce and a little of the oil of it on the potatoes.
I suggest you to do this for sure. Now I pour the pasta and sauce layer by layer, and at the end, the last step should always be the sauce.
13. I cover the lid of the pot and put it on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes to steam. Then, after this time, I reduce the heat and let it cook for 30 to 45 minutes. According to the pasta model, the cooking time It is slightly variable.
14. After the cooking time, I pour the makaroni into the desired dish and decorate it with delicious tahdig sibzamini and enjoy eating it with the family.
What is served with Persian Makaroni?
Persian macaroni should be served with a side of delicious Iranian dishes. Depending on the available ingredients and at my house, I serve this dish with different dishes.
Salads: I use salad shirazi in order to have a light appetizer with this meal and to make the digestion process easier.
Iranian pickles: Iranian pickles are always my first choice for any food. Next to this food torshi albaloo and Torshi Haft Bijar , it is very delicious and an attractive combination.
Dairy products: In order to take health into account, I always use mast o khiar or Persian doogh at the end of the meal.
5 Tricks to make makaroni delicious
1. If you desired you can add soy, bell pepper, carrot, and mushroom to the pasta sauce ingredients.
2. To improve the color of the pasta, use high-quality tomato paste.
3. In order to have better pasta, use pasta with a thin diameter.
4. As much as possible, use minced beef and mutton.
5. Try to finely chop the onions and make sure they reach the caramelization stage during frying
Health benefits of Persian pasta:
Pasta is a rich source of carbohydrates and potassium. It is very suitable for people who want to gain weight and athletes. Due to the presence of meat in this food, it also contains protein and creatine.
In addition, whole grain pasta is excellent for skin and hair health. It regulates blood sugar and is an excellent source of fiber. Fiber is very useful for the human body and especially athletes like this food very much.
If, like me, you add bell pepper and mushrooms to pasta sauce, it is also an excellent source of vitamin C.
You can also read: dami gojeh farangi.
- Offer carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are responsible for providing energy to the body in order to carry out daily functions without exhaustion. A serving size of moderate cup of macaroni offers 43 grams of carbohydrates.
For healthy choice one could opt for whole wheat pasta making diet friendly choice. A whole wheat pasta provides 6.3 grams of fiber that offers 24% of overall recommended amount of dietary fiber for women and 17% for men.
sourced by: https://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/
1. What should we do if the pasta does not stick together?
Be sure to pour some oil and turmeric into the boiling water.
2. What is the best tahdig for makaroni?
Potato tahdig is one of the best and most popular options. You can also pour a little sesame into the bottom of the pot.
3. How is the preparation of Iranian macaroni different from Italian?
In this method, the pasta is boiled for 30 to 45 minutes, but in the Italian method, it is only mixed with the sauce and fried for a short time.
4. What is served with macaroni?
Macaroni is served with salad shirazi, mast o musir , torshi liteh and torshi albaloo.
5. Is macaroni healthy?
Makaroni is a great food for improving heart health because it provides a lot of fiber, and getting enough fiber helps maintain a balanced weight and control cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
You can also read lavashak recipe.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about making this Persian spaghetti.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest macaroni without meat.
- You can ask me questions about the Persian makaroni recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this recipe and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook and YouTube.