Kolompeh Kermani sweets, which some mistakenly call Kolombeh, are among Kerman’s most popular and delicious sweets. The aroma and taste of this special sweet are so pleasant that few people do not fall in love with it once they try it.
They use special spices to prepare this popular sweet. Adding these spices depends on your taste when preparing this delicious sweet.
Kolompeh sweets and hot tea stick to your heart so much that it encourages you to drink this charming sweet again. Kolompeh is a nutty sweet with a long history and is popular among Kermanis and tourists of this city.
Some say that the origin of this sweet is the city of Bam, but nowadays, it is prepared in all the cities of Kerman.
So, if you were planning to make it for more or fewer people, change the number of ingredients accordingly. Now we are going to teach you how to prepare this sweet.
So if it is the first time you will prepare this deliciously sweet, stay with meals cook until the end of this article.
Related: shirini danmarki recipe.
For: 20 people
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 20 minutes
You can also read pashmak recipe.
|Local butter or solid oil
|Cardamom and vanilla
|Half a teaspoon
|Brewed Persian saffron
|Half a tablespoon
|Sesame to decorate
1. To prepare kolompeh, sift the flour and pour it into a suitable bowl. Then, add butter or solid oil to it. Then, mix all the ingredients to make a smooth mixture.
2. Then set the oven to 180°C until the pastry dough is ready and the oven is hot.
3. In this step, mix ingredients such as egg yolk, boiled saffron, cardamom, full-fat milk, vanilla, and baking powder into a separate bowl and mix them.
Then, combine the contents of both bowls and stir again.
4. Note that you should only knead the dough a little. After it is ready, pour it into a container and cover it with cellophane.
Then, put the container in the refrigerator for 2 hours to rest. After 2 hours, the dough is ready.
5. While the dough rests, you can prepare the intermediate ingredients. To do this, first, remove the date kernels.
Then, soften them with a spoon and pour them into a blender. Next, add cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom to it and turn on the blender. After the ingredients are smooth, you can turn off the blender.
6. You can use different methods to mold this sweet. In fact, whatever method is more convenient for you is better.
As it is known, the shape of kolompeh is special for this sweet. However, you can draw it without a design or on the dough if you don’t have it.
For this, you must first place the dough on a flat surface and spread it with a rolling pin so it is not sticky.
7. Then separate the balls from the dough and spread them in the palm of your hand. Next, separate the appropriate amount of date dough and put it on the dough.
Then, close the dough from the other side so the date does not fall out. Then, you can design it with the template.
Please do not press the mold too much on the dough because its intermediate materials may be removed. Before placing the mold on the dough, you should sprinkle flour so it does not stick.
8. Now you have to arrange them in the tray and place it in the oven that is now heated. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to make this delicious dessert.
You can also sprinkle a little sesame on the tray before putting it in the oven to make it look more exciting in addition to the taste.
9. You can decorate them in different ways. But the most common way to decorate this attractive dessert is to use sesame or chopped pistachios.
You can also use rose leaves, almond slices, or ground nuts. We have seen this decoration method in the article on how to make qurabiya sweets.
You can also read sohan asali recipe.
What is kolompeh?
In the past, Kermani women used to prepare this fragrant sweet for special occasions and ceremonies in the year, such as Nowruz.
The unique dates of Kerman groves, local oil, and warm wood fire are inseparable parts of kolompeh kermani, which creates its original taste.
Also, one of the most interesting events that can be experienced in life is trying souvenirs and traditional foods from different cities.
A unique experience that introduces you to the taste, culture, and types of special local foods. The souvenirs of any city are the special significance of that city known by it.
Kolompeh Kerman sweets are one of these tempting sweets that have many fans, and you must try them during your trip to this beautiful city.
Preparing local kolompeh is also relatively simple; you can prepare it in less than an hour. Its preparation method is very simple, and with access to its ingredients that you can easily prepare, it is possible to prepare it at home.
The following ingredients for making this sweet are suitable for 20 people.
Nutritional value of Kolompeh
Kolompeh has a high nutritional value due to the presence of dates and sesame. Also, this dessert is probably not suitable for people with diabetes. In the following, we have mentioned some properties of this sweet.
- Regulation of blood cholesterol levels
- Regulation of bowel disorders
- Prevent hemorrhoids
- Eliminates heart problems
- Eliminates anemia
- Eliminates sexual disorders
- Constipation relief
- Improve brain health
Related: shirini nargili recipe
- The sweet should not change color at all.
- The amount of saffron should be enough to reach a yellow color.
- Kolompeh dough does not contain sugar.
- This sweet can be stored in a closed container for a long time.
- Kolompeh will puff up a bit in the oven and become bigger.
- You can divide the dough into several parts and prepare it in several colors.
Related: persian love cake gluten free .
Benefits of Dates:
The high nutrient content of the fruit contributes to its highly beneficial properties. The need for a comprehensive fruit diet cannot be fulfilled without the inclusion of dates. In the below section we will be discussing the various benefits that dates can have on your health.
1. How to prepare kolompeh with chickpea flour?
We use chickpea flour instead of white flour or rice flour to make this sweet with chickpea flour.
2. Are Kolompeh sweets useful for children?
Yes, this sweet’s energizing, strengthening, and relieving properties are very useful for children.
3. Which city of Kerman is Kolompeh’s souvenir?
In the past,kolompeh was a special souvenir of Bam city, but nowadays you can enjoy the best kind of these sweets in all the cities of Kerman.
4. Is it necessary to knead the dough to prepare kolompeh?
No, there is no need to knead the dough in the preparation of this sweet, and after mixing the flour and oil and making the dough, let it rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours until the dough is ready.
5. What is served with kolompe?
Did you like Kolompeh recipe?
- If you have experience eating Persian sweets, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about kolompeh recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this sweet and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.