Shirini zaban or shirini zaboon is a nostalgic, traditional sweet with high staying power. This delicious sweet is always used at weddings and parties. Shirini zaban is known as Puffy pastry and the preparation of puff pastry is the most important part of baking this sweet.
Shirini Zaban is an authentic Iranian sweet that anyone interested in baking homemade sweets should learn. At first glance, making this pastry may seem difficult and complicated, but it is enough to bake it at home only once, and it will become a permanent part of your pastry making.
Stay with meals cook by learning how to make tongue sweets with homemade thousand-layer dough.
How to make shirini zaban? (Shirini zaban recipe)
Puff pastry dough is sold ready in confectionery stores. But if you are with us, you will learn how to prepare this versatile dough and, finally, the delicious and popular shirini zaban in a completely simple and easy way!
Puffy pastry dough has many uses in preparing sweets, especially Eid sweets. Puffy pastry dough is a one-layer dough.
In its preparation, butter is placed between the dough, and during several stages of rolling, the dough is ready to cook. And during cooking, it becomes several layers, called puffy pastry dough.
The recipe for shirini zaban is very simple. Perhaps the most difficult part is preparing the sweet, puffy pastry dough, which you can buy from grocery and confectionery stores if you find it difficult to prepare.
First, we will examine how to prepare puffy pastry dough together and then discuss how to cook shirini zaban.
For: 6 serving
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
On average, the calories of shirini zaban are between 150 and 200 k cal for medium size.
Ingredients for puffy pastry:
|White pastry flour
|Butter or solid confectionery oil
|1 large egg
|1 cup (relatively cool water)
Instruction shirini zaban:
To make shirini zaban, you need puffy pastry dough; in the first step, you must make its dough. In this way, it will be easier to prepare shirini zaban from drinking water.
1. Before anything else, remove the ingredients from the fridge to let them come to room temperature. Mix the sifted flour with vanilla and the rest of the dry ingredients in a large and suitable bowl.
Make a hole in the middle of this mixture and pour the wet ingredients (eggs, water, and liquid oil) right in this part. Stir the mixture well until the ingredients are well mixed.
2. From one point on, it is better to put aside the mixer or any other tool you use to mix the dough and mix it by hand. Cover the bowl and rest for an hour when the dough becomes cohesive and no longer sticks to your hands.
If the dough sticks to your hands, do not add flour. First, grease your hands and collect the dough. If it still doesn’t work and the dough sticks to your hands, add a spoonful of flour.
3. spread the dough on your counter or work surface at this stage. It is better to sprinkle small flour on the surface before this, then open the dough to a thickness of 2 cm and pour the butter on it.
Be sure to coat the entire surface of the dough with butter. Fold the dough towards you and open it again with a rolling pin to the previous thickness. Do this up to 6 layers.
Finally, we will have a dough with a diameter of one centimeter. Let the dough rest for 20 to 25 minutes in a relatively cool place this time.
4. In the last step, place the dough again on the floured surface and open and fold another 6 layers according to the previous step.
To make the layers easier to unfold, you can use a very small amount of flour in each fold, but remember to discard the excess flour after each layer is finished.
Rest the dough again for another 20 minutes. After this time, your puffy pastry dough is ready.
Shirini zaban, like other Persian sweets, for example, nan nokhodchi, ghotab, noghl, haji badam, poolaki, baklava qazvini, and sohan asali is served with khakshir, persian tea, and persian sour cherry tea.
The history of shirin zaban
The art of making sweets has been popular among Iranians for a long time in various styles and contexts. Still, if we want to look at it as an industry or a profession, this art developed during Reza Shah’s time with the construction of the first sugar factory in Iran.
At first, dry sweets were more common, but later, with the development of the confectionery industry, moist and creamy sweets opened up in customers’ hearts. The age of sweets in today’s form returns to the same era.
You can also read Gol Gav Zaban recipe.
Ingredients for the syrup of shirini zaban:
After the shirini zaban dough is ready, it is time to prepare the sweet syrup. To prepare the sweet syrup, combine all the ingredients in a suitable bowl and mix well. For honey to dissolve more easily in water, heat it in the microwave or a kettle for a few seconds.
Make shirini zaban
Now that you have prepared the sweet syrup and dough, just put the dough on the work surface and mold it with a knife or a special mold. Put greaseproof paper in the oven tray and place the cut dough on it.
Apply the special syrup on the sweets and decorate them with sesame pistachio or coconut powder. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and put the sweets in the oven for 20 minutes.
Notes shirini zaban:
- To have high-quality shirini zaban dough and to speed up the work, it is better to prepare the dough 24 hours in advance and leave it in the refrigerator.
- When cutting the dough, it is better to put all the necessary tools, such as a rolling pin, cutter, and knife in the freezer for a few minutes to cool when working with the dough completely. Note that the dough itself should not reach room temperature.
- If you use ready-made puffy pastry dough, remove it from the freezer 24 hours before use and put it in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to set the oven temperature correctly. Otherwise, the baking step may not be done correctly.
- After removing the sweets from the oven, apply syrup once more to make them shiny.
- Excessive use of lemon juice may cause the cookies to tilt during baking.
- If the puffy pastry dough is added, you can keep it in the freezer, and if needed, take it out of the freezer 24 hours before and put it in the refrigerator.
- If you have diabetes or food restrictions, you can remove sugar from the ingredients to prepare shirini zaban.
- Special pastry flour or completely white flour are the best options to prepare for the preparation of the puffy pastry dough of this sweet.
Sweet Almond Oil is a lightweight oil with a medium-greasy feel. It is mostly comprised of oleic acid (60-78%), linoleic acid (10-30%) and small amounts of other fatty acids. It has 58 ppm of the sterols cholesterol and β-sitosterol, and 164 ppm of Vitamin E, an antioxidant. This oil offers some anti-inflammatory, anti-itching and skin barrier support. Sweet almond oil has a shelf life of about 12 months.
This article by: learning.elementsbathandbody.com/
1. What flour should we use to prepare puffy pastry dough?
Baking or completely white flour are the best options for preparing this pastry.
2. Where can you get puffy pastry dough?
You can find this dough in confectionery and food stores.
3. Can sugar be removed from syrup?
If you have diabetes or food restrictions, you can eliminate sugar.
Did you like nan panjerei recipe?
- If you have experience eating Persian sweets, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I don’t suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about shirini zaban recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you make this sweet and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.