Haji Badam is one of the traditional Iranian sweets that originated in Yazd province. If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert with your tea or at your parties, then you have chosen the right article.
Preparing Haji Badam sweets is very easy and quick to make. To make this sweet, it is better to follow the recipe to achieve its traditional and special taste.
This sweet has an empty texture and is eaten with tea as a snack. This sweet has a very long shelf life, is small, and is very economical and suitable for Nowruz Eid visits. The excellent taste of this sweet due to the presence of almonds, cardamom, and nutmeg makes this sweet have many fans.
If you plan to make a delicious and different traditional sweet for the evening, stay with the cooking section of meals cook to teach you how to make this sweet.
Haji badam recipe
1. First, I put powdered sugar with egg yolk in the mixer. Then I start mixing the ingredients with the slow speed of the mixer.
After mixing the ingredients a little, I increase the speed of the machine. After mixing the Icing sugar, I add cardamom powder to the ingredients.
2. After mixing, I add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and baking soda to the ingredients. Then I add a little brewed saffron to the ingredients.
At the same time, the mixer is working and stirs all the ingredients equally at a relatively fast speed.
3. At this stage, I add Indian nutmeg powder to the ingredients inside the mixer and continue mixing. Now it’s the turn of almond flour and I add it little by little to the mixing ingredients.
4. After the flour is mixed with the ingredients, I start kneading the dough by hand. I knead until the dough becomes uniform.
5. Then I heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Meanwhile, I divide the dough into smaller ball-shaped pieces by hand. These balls are the size of a cherry.
I prepare all the dough in order and place the small balls in the oven tray. I either grease the bottom of the tray or use greaseproof paper under the tray.
6. While rolling the side dough, your hand will get oily, which is normal and this is almond oil. I put the almonds in the oven for 15 minutes. Our sweets were ready just as quickly. You can enjoy Haji Badam with tea.
For: 6 people
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What is served with haj badam?
You can usually use this sweet with all kinds of hot drinks. If you are in Yazd, the people of this city will put different types of sweets next to your tea.
But it is safe to say that they will serve you Haji Badam in beautiful and elegant dishes along with Iranian tea.
How to prepare Haji Badam without an oven
To make this sweet without an oven, you can use a pan. First, line the bottom of the pan with oil paper and place the dough piece by piece on the pan with a pastry bag and a nozzle like in the oven.
Remember to grease the bottom of the pan with a special brush like the bottom of the oven tray, and after 30 minutes with medium heat, your sweets are ready to eat.
Properties of Haji Badam:
As the name of haji badam suggests, it is made from almond powder. Fresh almonds are one of the most unique and excellent nuts.
Almond powder has excellent properties and is suitable for the skin. One of these properties is vitamin E, which is very suitable for freshness and freshness of the skin.
Nutmeg powder is also used in this sweet, which has properties such as enhancing sexual power, improving mood, reducing blood sugar and diabetes, reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s, strengthening memory, and reducing osteoporosis.
- If you want to make this sweet with fresh almonds, be sure to take the skin of the almonds and make them as small as possible.
- To remove the almond skin, put the almond in boiling water for ten minutes, the almond skin will come off easily
- After making the tiaz dough, don’t rest it in the refrigerator and put it in the oven after rolling it
- When kneading the dough, do not hit it and knead it slowly so that the oil does not penetrate the outside of the dough.
- Round the dough the size of a hazelnut or cherry. This sweet should not be bigger than a hazelnut.
- When the color of haji almonds is golden, our sweets are ready
Did you like haji badam recipe?
- Please share your experience with baking this sweet.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about haji badam recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this sweet and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook and YouTube.