Khiar shoor is one of the favorite seasonings of Iranians, which we use with most of the foods. As one of the most delicious types of pickles, this has been used in Iran for years and has gained popularity among people.
Of course, Persian Pickled Cucumber is not only popular in Iran, but it is also known as an attractive dessert in foreign countries. The most interesting thing is that November 14 is dedicated to World Khiar Shoor Day every year.
Khiar shoor recipe
Usually, many people seek to learn how to prepare homemade pickles, but due to a lack of knowledge of some tricks, they cannot make these pickles crispy and delicious.
Maybe the method of preparing sir torshi at home is more difficult than khiar shoor, but usually, there is a method to prepare such pickles, if you can prepare this pickled at home with vinegar, salt, and even a day old.
In this article, we will teach you all the methods of preparing Persian pickled cucumber at home. So stay with meals cook site.
- A day old
1. Vinegar khiar shoor:
|3 or 4 stalks
|half a cup
|Boiled cooled water
|to the required amount
|half a tablespoon
|Hot green pepper
1. First, choose a glass container. Peel the garlic, wash and set aside.
2. Wash the vegetables in the same way and let them drain completely. Then, dry the cucumbers that you washed before and put them neatly in the jar.
3. Put garlic, dill, and tarragon on the cucumbers. While working, knock the container on the ground several times so that the empty spaces between the cucumbers are taken, and more cucumbers can fit in the container. Then, add white vinegar and salt.
4. After the vinegar cools down, pour it on the Persian pickled cucumber. Note that if the amount of vinegar is increased, your pickles will be softer and taste more sour.
If the amount of vinegar is less, your pickles will taste less sour and will be more crunchy. Most commercial pickles are of the second type.
5. At the end, pour the cooled boiled water on them, put a sugar cube on it, close the container tightly, and leave it for about 24 hours.
After opening the top of the container, you must keep the Pickled Cucumber in the refrigerator, observing this will prevent the Pickled Cucumber from getting moldy, and you can keep them for a much longer time.
In addition, be careful not to let greasy hands, greasy spoons, or any other greasy object enter the pickle solution. In most cases, failure to observe this point will cause Pickled Cucumber to mold.
You can also read torshi bandari recipe.
2. Salty khiar shoor:
This is liked by many and has many fans. You need the following ingredients to prepare salty Pickled Cucumber.
|two and a half cup
|Freshly washed cumin
|a medium-sized plant
|two pcs (as desired)
1. First, mix vinegar, salt, and water and boil a little (to the extent that it boils a few times and the salt dissolves in the water). After boiling, reduce the heat and let it cool. Then, wash and dry the cucumbers.
2. Choose a glass container or a pot and arrange the cucumbers one by one in the jar. While arranging, put garlic, tarragon, and dill next to the cucumbers. Of course, clean and wash the garlic in advance and then put it in the container.
Add hot pepper. Of course, it is optional to use pepper or not! If you want my opinion, it’s best used to give your pickles a good flavor.
3. Now is the time to pour the vinegar and salt solution on the ingredients. It should be poured in such a way that the entire surface of the cucumbers is covered.
Close the lid of the jar tightly and put it in a cool and cold place outside the refrigerator. You can put it in the corner of the balcony.
You can also read torshi albaloo recipe.
3 . A day old khiar shoor:
|Fresh small cucumber
|Cooled boiled water
|to the required amount
|Salt and green pepper
1. Wash and dry the cucumbers.
2. Wash the garlic and vegetables in the same way and let the water drain. Then, put the cucumbers in the jar.
Pour garlic, tarragon, and pepper, then add salt, white vinegar, and cooled boiled water and close the lid of the jar tightly.
3. Then pour some water into a pot and put it on the gas flame.
4. When it boils, put the jar in the boiling water and let it boil for about 20 minutes, and very slowly take the jar out of the pot and put it aside until your jar cools down; put it in the refrigerator for about a day and a night, and then use it.
You can also read torshi anbeh recipe.
Fight diseases. Cucumbers are high in an antioxidant called beta-carotene, which your body turns into vitamin A. Carotene is a powerful compound that’s been shown to help lower your chances of dying of heart disease, stroke, cancer, respiratory diseases, and other conditions.
Notes Pickled Cucumber:
- To make your cucumber crispy and delicious, you can pour some peas into the jar of Pickled Cucumber. This will make your pickles more crispy. Or you can put three pieces of carrot and celery in the jar to make it tastier.
- It is better to use nylon in order to prevent air from entering the jar. First, put a clean nylon on the jar, then close the lid on the nylon so that air does not enter the jar or the glass.
- It takes about a week for the khiar shoor to ripen. When you use it, be sure to put it in the refrigerator after use.
- In order for your pickled cucumber to have a bright color, put it behind the window to get light.
- Check the temperature when the water boils. It should be warm enough not to burn your hand.
- You can use a small amount of carrot in the pickled cucumber to make it crispy.
Health benefits of persian pickled cucumber (khiar shoor):
- Khiar shoor is rich in antioxidants and contains vitamins E and C. Its consumption prevents cancer and chronic diseases.
- Eating Pickled Cucumber reduces blood sugar and cholesterol. So, is the a better way for people with diabetes to include it in their diet plan?
- Eating it relaxes and improves sleep. Even Pickled Cucumber juice is good for health, muscle cramps, and menstrual pain relief.
- Those who suffer from sunburn can pour Pickled Cucumber juice on the burned part to solve the problem.
- Promotes bone health: As a good source of vitamin K and minerals, pickled cucumber promotes bone density
- Hydration: Cucumbers naturally have a high water content. Even when they are pickled, they can help to hydrate the body a lot.
FAQ Persian pickled cucumber:
1. How can we make homemade pickled cucumber crispy and delicious?
The higher the amount of vinegar in the pickle, the better and crispier it will taste, and the lower the amount of vinegar, the more sour it will be.
2. How to prevent the mold of homemade khiar shoor?
After opening the jar of pickled cucumber, be sure to keep it in the refrigerator, and also avoid placing a greasy spoon in the container. When placing the cucumber in the jar, make sure it is dry.
3. What is Khiar Shoor?
Khiar Shoor is a traditional Persian pickled cucumber. It has three different models: Vinegar, Salty, and A day-old khiar shoor, often flavored with garlic, dill, and other herbs.
4. How long can I store pickled cucumber?
Pickled Cucumber can last several months when stored in a cool, dark place and soaked in salt water or vinegar.
5. Is Khiar Shoor suitable for vegetarians or vegans?
Yes, Pickled Cucumber is plant-based and suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
6. What is pickled cucumber served with?
Did you like the Persian pickled cucumber recipe?
If you have ever had the experience of eating Iranian pickles or pickled cucumbers, please tell me about the taste in the comments.
Please comment if you have any comments or suggestions about the salted cucumber recipe.