Torshi bandari is one of the spicy desserts full of Iranian spices and vegetables, which is served with most of the dishes. Because of the pungent and spicy taste of pickles in the southern region of our country, they are known as torshi bandari.
But these pickles, in addition to their spiciness, have a special and unique taste, which is due to aromatic vegetables, tamarind, and pomegranate paste, which are used less often in other pickles.
In this instruction, we taught you how to prepare torshi bandari with all its tips and techniques. We hope you will enjoy its taste, especially with foods such as abgoosht, felafel and kutlet. Be our constant companion on the mealscook site.
How to prepare torshi bandari? (Torshi bandari recipe)
Pickles are among the flavors that always have a special place in Asian food culture. Iranians are no exception to this rule.
In every region of our country, the people of that region prepare different types of pickles according to their taste, weather conditions, and available materials and use them to color their tables.
In addition to being used for consumption, pickles provide the body with essential nutrients such as potassium. They also regulate the metabolism and mechanism of some body organs. For example, the regulation of blood pressure and blood sugar are examples of the properties of acids for the body.
Torshi bandari is one of the types of pickles full of mortar and tasty, whose origin goes back to the southern regions of our country.
Generally, this pickle is associated with a spicy taste and a thick sauce. For this reason, we suggest you stay with us until the end of the article to introduce new flavors to your home by learning this pickle.
Related: torshi hafte bijar.
Preparation time:60 minutes
Cooking time:2 weeks
|Ripe red tomatoes
|two branches (chop the leaves and put the chopped stems into the pickle)
|Sour pomegranate paste
|half a glass
|Pickled spices (salt, black pepper, coriander seeds, red pepper, angelica, black seed, nutmeg)
|Hot green pepper
|four to five-piece
|about half a package
|Aromatic herbs (flavor, tarragon, coriander, fresh celery leaves, mint)
Instruction torshi bandari:
1. Prepare all these ingredients fresh. Wash prepared vegetables such as (cucumber, carrot, eggplant, cauliflower, garlic, and green pepper). Then put them in a colander to drain them completely.
2. Chop all the washed vegetables with a knife. If you have a food processor at home, put the ingredients in it. But it is better to do it by hand.
3. Chop the celery leaves after washing and drying them. Peel the carrots and cut them into small pieces.
4. Chop the cucumbers without removing the skin and set aside. Soak dry shallots in water for a few hours. After it softens a little, make it as desired.
5. Cut the cauliflower into pieces. Chop to the desired size. The smaller it is, the better your pickling effect will be.
6. In this case, boil the chopped eggplants with vinegar for about a quarter of an hour.
7. Wash the prepared vegetables spread them on a cotton textile and let them dry completely. After drying the vegetables, chop them.
8. In this part, pour tamarind into a container pour some vinegar on it, and wait for two or three hours.
9. Finely chop the tomatoes. It is better to mix. Then pour all the ingredients into a large container, pour special spices with chopped vegetables, pomegranate paste, and mixed tomatoes and tamarind with vinegar into the container, and mix well until they are mixed.
You can also read torshi albaloo.
Tip: Leave the tamarind in the vinegar for a few hours, then strain it with a strainer or net and remove the seeds.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a clean, wide-mouthed glass. Taste the salt, if it is not enough, add a little. To the extent that it is not salty and tastes salty. Don’t forget to add pomegranate paste to your ingredients. Finally, add two glasses of vinegar to your ingredients and close the lid of the jar, and store it in a dry and cool place.
Note: If you like to add black seeds to the pickle, add a teaspoon if necessary.
This pickle is ready and can be used within two weeks. After the torshi bandari is ready, keep it in the refrigerator.
Notes for torshi bandari:
- Be sure to use pure vinegar. If your pickle is moldy, it is because the vinegar is impure. Grape vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and raisins are available in the market.
- Be sure to boil the vinegar you buy from the market before using it, then use it.
- If you buy ready-made pickles from shops, be sure to pay attention to their expiration date.
- If hot pepper is not compatible with you, use sweet green pepper instead of hot pepper.
- Using pomegranate paste in this type of pickle will give your pickle a better taste.
- Instead of garlic and shallot, you can use garlic powder and shallot powder.
- Salt is very important, be sure to taste it and be careful.
- If you like, you can use a tablespoon of turmeric in torshi bandari.
- Vinegar is always used in pickles, it must be on the surface of your pickles.
- Make sure the glass you use is dry and clean so that your pickle does not get moldy.
- The use of black seeds is not mandatory, but pomegranate and tamarind paste give a unique taste to the pickle.
- It is better to spread all the vegetables on a cotton textile after washing them to drain their excess water. In this case, your pickle will not mold.
- The more precise and finer your cuts are, the tastier your pickles will be. It will also look better.
- Cauliflower should be chopped coarser than the rest of the ingredients.
Related: torshi seer health benefits.
I draw your attention to a quote about the benefits of vinegar in pickles from the site: picklelicious.com
2 – Potential Benefits From Vinegar
Pickles’ sour taste comes from the vinegar mixture that makes up the pickle brine. This vinegar contains acetic acid, which might play a role in weight loss. One animal study, published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition in 2015, reports that rats fed acetic acid were more resistant to obesity than rats that didn’t get acetic acid. Vinegar might also keep food in your stomach for longer after a meal — literally “filling” you up and boosting satisfaction after a meal — according to a review published in Nutrition Reviews in 2014.
The review also notes that vinegar might boost your calorie burn throughout the day, which makes it easier to burn more calories than you eat and lose weight. However, the review also notes that the evidence for vinegar and weight loss is preliminary; while these early results show promise for vinegar as a weight loss aid, more research is needed to know just how well it helps you shed pounds.
FAQ torshi bandari:
1. What is the best vinegar for torshi bandari?
White grape vinegar is a good candidate for torshi bandari; But if you do not have access to this vinegar you can use red vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or any other vinegar.
2. Is it possible to remove spicy peppers from Torshi Bandari?
Yes, you can increase or decrease the amount of pepper if there is a sensitivity or unwillingness to spicy.
3. What are the appropriate ways to prevent mold?
Dry all ingredients, including vegetables, after washing well and spread them on cotton textile to remove excess water. Also, sprinkle some salt on the cucumbers after chopping the cucumbers to remove excess water.
4. What is served with torshi bandari?
Torshi bandari is served with Persian foods such as : abgoosht, loobia polo, kalam polo Shirazi.
5. Is torshi bandari healthy?
Pickles have properties such as reducing blood sugar, balancing the amount of stomach acid and reducing blood fat. In addition, there should be balance in the consumption of pickles.
Did you like torshi bandari recipe?
If you have ever used any type of Iranian pickle, please explain to me its taste in the comments
Also, if you have a comment or a suggestion to improve the recipes, please comment