Morghe porteghali or orange chicken stew is a great food for the days when you are tired of repetitive foods. I made this food for the first time with my wife’s idea. I have made coconut chicken before, and it turned out great.
This time, I went for the combination of chicken and orange.
You will not believe it had a sweet and sour taste that I have never seen in any food before. If you are also a fan of new and healthy foods, stay with Meals Cook until the end of this article.
2 to 4 pieces|
Almond and pistachio slices|
Spices (Salt, turmeric powder, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon)|
100 to 150 grams (depending to your taste)|
Chicken stock cube|
1. At first, for making morghe porteghali you should take a pan suitable for the number of your chickens.
2. Take a suitable bowl or container. Add a few small pieces of ice in it and pour saffron. Put it aside and let it settle and color.
3. Then add butter to the pan and add turmeric powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and a little salt. We put the chickens in the pan, pour the saffron that we prepared in advance on it, and let the chickens be fried completely.
4. After the chickens are fried a little, add the spices (Paprika, cinnamon, black pepper).
5. Then we turn the chickens over so the other side is completely fried.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and let it fry completely, and the oil becomes red. The beautiful orange color of morgh porteghali is due to turmeric, saffron, and tomato paste (You can add the chicken stock cube, too, in this level).
If you don’t like chicken stock cubes, you can just add salt.
7. Now, it’s time to add orange juice to the pot. After adding orange juice, you should close the pot lid and let it cook for 2 to 3 hours. (The amount of orange juice should be enough to cover the chickens).
This recipe is the easiest, fastest, and at the same time, the most delicious way to cook morgh porteghali.
If you like the sour-sweet taste in your food, this is a special offer for you, and it will surely become a regular part of your daily food plan.
8. Your delicious morgh porteghali is ready. Now you should add burberry to it and let it cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. (You should wash Burberry and let it come dry before adding it to chickens).
9. Meanwhile you should pour a little oil in a small pan and add almond slices and pistachio slices. Saute them for a few minutes to remove their raw smell and taste.
10. Now your morghe porteghali is ready, and you can serve it in your desired dish. Put chickens in a dish and design it with almond and pistachio slices and enjoy eating it with your family.
How to serve Morghe Porteghali?
I serve morghe porteghali or orange chicken stew with Iranian rice. I suggest you do this too. If Iranian rice is not available, you can serve it with fried potatoes and cooked vegetables.
Notes for morghe porteghali
Using orange and natural orange juice makes this food bitter.
Carrots can also be used to make this food more delicious.
In this recipe, we did not use onion and garlic to remove the bad smell of the chicken instead we used turmeric, saffron, and garlic powder. But you can use onion as you wish.
We can use cinnamon sticks instead of cinnamon powder. But be sure to remove the cinnamon stick from the stew at the end of cooking before serving the food.
We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can also use chicken thigh.
Related: khorak zaban.
Today we got to know another new food which is prepared from the combination of fried chicken and orange juice. A new and at the same time, simple and hearty food that is very beautiful and delicious. If you know a new food, let me know.
Orange juice is a liquid extract of the orange tree fruit, produced by squeezing or reaming oranges. It comes in several different varieties, including blood orange, navel oranges, valencia orange, clementine, and tangerine. As well as variations in oranges used, some varieties include differing amounts of juice vesicles, known as “pulp” in American English, and “(juicy) bits” in British English.
1. Is this dish different from zereshk polo ba morgh?
Yes, but they are very similar. They have some differences in the way of cooking and the addition of orange juice.
2. What is served with khoresht morghe porteghali?
Along with this stew is served salad shirazi and sir torshi .
3. Can I freeze this stew?
Yes you can freeze this stew for 3 weeks.