Jasmine Baklava is one of the famous Iranian and Turkish sweets. One of the most famous Persian baklava is Rasht city baklava. This baklava is very delicious and easy to prepare at home.
Baklava is eaten as a Persian sweet or as a snack with tea. Nuts in baklava make it delicious. The following recipe will give us about 18 baklava. To see this sweet tutorial stay with meals cook site.
In a different way,in Gilan province due to the abundance of jasmine flowers, almond baklava is soaked in jasmine flowers. The way to cook baklava in Gilan is that first, after peeling and drying the almonds they pour them in a container and pour some jasmine flowers on it and close the container.
After a day,the shriveled jasmines are collected and fresh jasmine is poured in its place so that the almonds get the full taste and smell of jasmine.Then the almonds are ground and mixed with powdered sugar and finally used to prepare baklava.This baklava,which is very fragrant is called jasmine baklava.Note that cardamom is not used in this baklava.
This sweet is very similar to reshteh khoshkar.
How to make jasmine baklava (Gilani):
Ingredients for jasmine baklava:
Ingredients for syrup:
Instruction for jasmine baklava:
1.To prepare the jasmine baklava of Rasht city,we first take a large bowl.Next we dissolve the starch with cold water and rose water.When it dissolves well,sift the flour little by little and add it to the starch.
2.When all the flour has been added and mixed and dough is formed,break the egg into the dough and stir until it is completely incorporated into the dough.Melt the butter and add it to the dough and stir until the dough is smooth.
3.Then we put a large glass of water next to our hand and add water little by little to the dough and stir it regularly until the consistency of the dough is like doogh.Pass the dough through a strainer to remove any lumps inside.
4.The paste-like dough should be completely smooth and uniform.Then we add the brewed saffron to it and mix again with a hand mixer until it becomes uniform.We put the dough aside to rest for half an hour.
5.When the dough is resting,take a pot and pour sugar and water together in the pot and put it on a low heat until the sugar dissolves and starts to boil.When the syrup becomes thick,we add a little saffron to it.
6.Finally,add lemon juice and remove from heat.Pour the dough into an empty sauce bottle with a narrow head.Put a pan on the heat and grease its bottom with a brush.Then we pour the dough in a string way on the bottom of the pan.
7.We wait a few seconds for it to lose its stickiness and take it out of the pan.We continue to do this until the dough is finished.We spread the cooked laces on a textile to cool.We fold the laces in such a way that it becomes a rectangle.
8.Then,depending on your taste,pour some walnuts or pistachios in it and roll it and keep it aside.Next,we take a cold pan and place the baklava rolls in it in an orderly manner so that it is completely filled.
9.Then we pour cold oil on it and place the pan on the gas to fry the baklava.Then we place the baklava on a clean textile or net to remove the oil.Baklava should not be fried in hot oil.
10.Hot oil causes it to puff up and lose its shape.If the baklava is left over,it is necessary to let the pan and the oil cool completely and then put the remaining baklava in it and put it on the heat again.
11.We keep the fried baklava aside until it cools down.Syrup and baklava should be lukewarm.We dip the baklava in the syrup to absorb the syrup,then put the jasmine baklava in a suitable dish and serve with iranian tea or gol gav zaban.
You can also read kolompeh kermani recipe.
Notes for jasmine baklava:
- Be sure to put a brush or paper next to your hand and grease the pan well.
- If you want the color of this sweet to be more colorful,you should use thick brewed saffron.
- You can also use pistachio or hazelnut powder instead of walnuts.
- You can put the baklava in the syrup after it is ready,but if you want it to be diet and healthier,eat it without the syrup.
- You can store it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- If the dough is too loose add a little flour and if it is too hard,add a little water.
- You can fry dry baklava and put them in the refrigerator and when you want to serve it,put them in syrup.
Did you like this recipe?
- If you have experience eating persian baghlava, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about jasmine baklava recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this stew and love the taste of it,please share your pic with us in facebook & mail.