Persian Walnut jam is one of the types of jams that, as the name suggests, is made from walnuts and is very nutritious and delicious; it is very suitable to start a delicious and attractive breakfast or decorate your party tables as a dessert and appetizer. Even your malnourished children will eat a full breakfast.
So we recommend you make it and always have it in your fridge. You can chop the walnuts into the desired size and make a delicious jam.
Walnut jam is one of the compounds that is not only used because of its wonderful taste but also has benefits for preventing and treating many diseases. Walnut is very useful for skin, hair, and body and is a good source for those who have anemia. Walnuts are useful for heart, immune system strengthening, and brain health.
Preparing walnut jam is our suggestion for you today. If you have ever used walnuts in the jams you have prepared, you must have remembered the taste of walnuts in the jam. One of the initiatives that can be used to prepare different types of jam is using nuts and dried fruits such as walnuts, almonds, and pistachios which are very attractive when eating jam.
But in this instruction, which may interest you, we want to teach you how to prepare walnut jam by itself. You can prepare this tasty and beautiful jam with dry walnuts and whole walnuts during the new walnut season.
Be with us in this article with meals cook site to learn how to prepare this unique jam.
How to make walnut jam? (Walnut jam recipe)
For: 8 people
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
|Half a pint
You can see how to prepare this delicious jam in the steps below. Remember to do each of these things in order, and carefully so that, in the end, the jam takes on a good taste. You can use fresh or dry walnuts to prepare this method. Walnut jam is a delicious and nutritious breakfast that you can enjoy with toast.
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, which is emphasized a lot, and we have even provided you with five-minute recipes for preparing a hearty meal so that you can attend this important meal even on busy working days.
1. To prepare this jam, you must soak the walnut kernels two days before so that the thin skin can be easily removed. Therefore, to prepare walnut kernel jam, you should start working two days before.
2. After you take the thin skin of the walnut, pour it into a pot. Add water to the pot and heat until the water boils. Let the walnut boil a little in water until it cooks, and the black juice comes out so that you have a clear jam.
3. Drain the walnuts and pour them into the pot again with water. Add the sugar and wait for the syrup to thicken over the heat.
Brew the saffron, add rose water and lemon juice to the jam at the end, and remove the jam from the heat.
After completely cooling the walnut jam, pour it into a clean glass container and store it in the refrigerator.
You can also read iranian white cheese.
Notes about the ingredients of walnut jam
As you can see, the basic ingredients for cooking walnut jam are brief and always available. It is necessary to mention some points about the ingredients of this delicious jam:
- Walnut is the most important ingredient of walnut jam. Try to choose high-quality white walnuts for this. The important thing is that you can use both fresh and dry walnuts to make morabaye gerdoo. It is best to choose fresh walnuts. But if it is different from the season to harvest walnuts, without any worries, replace them with dry walnuts. Be sure that in both cases, you can make delicious walnut jam. The only catch is that there will be changes in how you perform during the cooking process. And we will remind you of all the necessary points.
- Sugar is also a constant ingredient in the preparation of all jams. The amount is suitable for a walnut jam with a pleasant sweetness and can also be stored for a long time. But as we said, tastes are different, and you may like the jam you prepare to be less sweet. If you want it to be low in sugar, prepare a small amount of jam and consume it fresh.
- If, for any reason, you should not include foods containing sugar in your diet, you can use honey instead of sugar.
- Other ingredients include lemon juice. You must know the reason for using lemon juice in a walnut jam. This material is acidic. Adding a small amount of acid will ensure your jam never turns sugary. Also, you will not see it getting moldy.
- Rose water is the last ingredient that is needed. Of course, this material is used to flavor the jam. The use of this material is completely tasteful. You can replace it with some brewed cardamom or use both simultaneously.
Why would walnuts be so good for you?
While this new research is intriguing, it also raises the question of whether walnuts are unique in some way. In fact, it may be the types of oils in walnuts that make them special when it comes to cardiovascular health. Walnuts contain a lot of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are healthier than saturated fats.
In addition, walnuts have alpha-linolenic and linoleic acids, which may have anti-inflammatory effects that keep blood vessels healthy, in addition to having favorable effects on blood lipids.
Notes for moraba gerdoo:
To prepare a unique walnut jam, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points:
- Some people make walnut jam with whole walnuts, which need not be boiled and peeled.
- Because the walnut itself does not help the consistency of the jam juice, be careful that it becomes completely thick, and then add rose water and saffron to it.
- You can serve walnut jam for breakfast, as a snack, and even as a dessert with cream.
- You can also use cardamom to make walnut jam.
- For your walnuts to not turn black, it is better to peel them thicker. Also, adding lime juice to the pot where the walnuts are placed will prevent them from turning black.
- Whichever method you use, the lid of the final jam pot must be closed tightly so that it does not mold.
- You can eat the jam immediately after cooking.
- Pour the walnut jam into small glass containers with lids. Constantly opening and closing the lid of the jam container can change its aroma and taste.
- During the cooking of walnut jam, the pot’s lid should always be open.
1. What does walnut jam taste like?
Walnut jam is the taste of walnut kernels with sugar, which has a sweet and appropriate taste.
2. What is served with walnut jam?
3. Can I make walnut jam at home?
Yes, you can easily prepare walnut jam at home with the recipe that we mentioned above.
Did you like this recipe?
If you have ever had the experience of eating or making walnut jam, tell us about your experience in the comments.
If you have any comments or criticisms about how to prepare walnut jam, please comment.