Sekanjabin syrup is one of the best natural soft Persian drinks, which shows its main properties when all the images in your mind turn into hot deserts due to the heat, and eating a glass of this syrup makes it snow in that dessert.
The recipe for making authentic and delicious Persian syrup is extremely easy and very affordable and most importantly, it can be prepared in the shortest possible time and does not take much of your time.
To prepare any kind of homemade syrup you can use a series of recipes and important tips to take advantage of properties that cannot be found in ready-made products and this is due to the richness of traditional medicine where we live.
The way to use this syrup is different according to people’s tastes. The combination of cool water and this syrup is a pleasant and tasty drink to quench thirst in summer. You can prepare this syrup with cucumber and lemon juice and drink it with food.
You must have tasted this syrup with fresh lettuce in the summer season. The aromatic and flavored syrup has many benefits and we will examine its properties together in this article. So stay with us.
I also have prepared for you the correct way to make this drink and remember to pay attention to the important points to have a thick and clear syrup.
Sekanjabin syrup recipe
- 3.5 ounce Grape vinegar 3.5
- 2.2 pound Sugar 2.2
- 2 glasses Water
- 5.3 ounce Mint 5.3
- To prepare this syrup first we pour water into a suitable pot and put it on heat, then add sugar to it and increase the heat until the syrup boils, After the syrup boils and the sugar is completely dissolved we will reduce the heat.
- Now we have to wait until the syrup thickens like nectar, then we wash the mint (there is no need to wash dry mint) and pour it in the nectar so that the syrup absorbs the aroma of the mint. Next, add grape vinegar little by little and mix with syrup.
- The important thing to make this drink tastier is to use homemade vinegar if possible to make this syrup. After the syrup reaches a sufficient consistency, we remove it from the heat and smooth it with a clean cotton textile.
- To know that the concentration of the syrup has reached the desired level, pour a small amount of the syrup into a cup and wait for it to cool. If the syrup is thick and slightly stiff after cooling, it means our syrup is ready.
- Now our syrup is almost ready, we just have to let it cool down to room temperature, then pour it into a dish with a lid and store it in the refrigerator. If you want to make this syrup with saffron flavor, you can add saffron after the consistency of the syrup.
- To use this syrup, we mix it with any combination of syrup and ice water that we like and mix it well with a spoon until the syrup and water are completely uniform, then serve.:
Tips for preparing sekanjebin syrup
Sekanjabin syrup with honey:
To prepare this very tasty and useful syrup, instead of using 1 kg of sugar you can use 1 kg of natural honey. We mix honey with water and put it on the heat, after the water boils.
the honey is completely dissolved in the water, foam collects on the water, which you must collect with a spoon and throw away. After the syrup reaches a sufficient concentration, we add vinegar and mint as in the above steps.
Majlisi sakanjabin syrup
If you want to serve this delicious drink for your gatherings and parties, you can use ingredients such as brewed saffron. If you want to add lemon juice to this syrup, be sure to use fresh lemon juice.
Properties of sekanjabin syrup:
The properties of sekanjebin syrup and slimming:
Sekanjabin is a sweet syrup full of sugar and consuming it alone without a healthy diet will not only cause weight loss but also increase blood sugar. Therefore, excessive consumption of this syrup will cause obesity.
For people who are overweight, it is better to prepare this syrup at home. Ready-made syrup usually has more sugar and calories.
However, helping to eliminate toxins and purify the body is one of the properties of this syrup. Don’t worry if you sometimes drink this syrup to quench your thirst. This syrup is anti-constipation and helps those who are overweight due to severe constipation.
You can use honey instead of sugar to prepare this syrup. Honey is effective in controlling your blood sugar and using it makes your drink healthier.
The authors of the review found that mint works against harmful microbes, regulates muscle relaxation, and helps control inflammation.
A different reviewTrusted Source from the same year assessed 12 randomized controlled trials and found that peppermint oil was a safe and effective intervention for pain symptoms in adults with IBS.
However, a 2019 randomized, double-blind trialTrusted Source of 190 people with IBS found that peppermint oil did not significantly reduce symptoms.
More research is necessary to confirm the benefits of mint products in managing IBS.
Sekanjabin syrup for obesity:
If you are seriously underweight, we suggest that you consult a nutritionist to adopt a healthy diet to gain weight. As we mentioned above, this syrup causes obesity if used a lot, but this method is not recommended for weight gain.
this syrup is rich in sugar and increases your blood glucose. If you get your daily calories from sugar alone, not only will you not get fat, but you will also be at risk of diabetes.
Since saffron syrup is a laxative, it may cause diarrhea. For this reason, thin people may lose their body water by consuming a lot of it. Drinking this syrup is very healthy and useful for quenching thirst, but it is not the correct method for obesity. Do not overdo this sweet drink.
Consuming enough protein is one of the healthy ways to gain weight. Whey is rich in protein.
Sekanjabin syrup for the liver:
One of the most important properties of sekanjabin syrup in Islamic medicine is liver purification. People who have fatty liver, if they use enough of this traditional syrup help to reduce the accumulation of fat in the liver.
Those who have liver failure can drink this cool and anti-thirst drink after consulting a doctor. This syrup is a diuretic, so it helps to clean the urinary tract and bladder.
When you suffer from heatstroke, this drink lowers your body temperature and compensates for dehydration. This syrup can help to remove kidney stones.
Note that this syrup alone cannot cure any of these diseases. For treatment, you need to take medicine under the supervision of a doctor.
Disadvantages of sekanjabin syrup:
As mentioned above, this syrup has many properties for health. If this delicious drink is not consumed excessively, there are no side effects.
However, it is necessary to note that this syrup has a lot of sugar and calories. If you drink too much of it it may cause high blood sugar, diabetes, and obesity.
According to traditional medicine, this syrup has a cold nature and for those who have a cold temperament, it may have side effects. Its excessive consumption causes headaches and heartache in these people.
As we said before, this syrup is a laxative. If you drink too much you may have diarrhea. This syrup helps to hydrate the body in summer, however, if used in excess, it is diuretic and dehydrating.
- Thirst relief
- Strengthen the stomach
- Unblock the arteries
- Strengthen the liver
- remove bile
- cure fever
Disadvantages of sekanjabin syrup:
- Unsuitable for people with weak nerves
- Harmful for people with a cold and weak stomach
- Intensification of uterine pains
- Unsuitable for people with peptic ulcers
- Intensification of nausea
- Causes increased frequency of urination
1. Does drinking sekanjebin syrup cause weight loss?
No coriander is rich in sugar and its high consumption causes obesity.If consumed in moderation, it is a laxative and helps the digestive problems of obese people.
2. What are the dangers of sekanjebin syrup?
Its high consumption causes an increase in blood sugar, the risk of diabetes, weight gain, and loss of body water.
3. Is sekanjabin syrup with khakeshir good for colds?
Yes. It reduces fever, improves sore throat, and increases energy during this period.
Did you like a recipe for Persian drink?
- If you have experience eating Persian syrup, please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest you this syrup.
- You can ask me questions about Persian sekanjabin syrup paste in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this drink and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on @mealscook Facebook & mail.