Its name is Ash Anar, which reminds me of winter and Yalda night. It is an excellent and delicious dish, but very beautiful. Pomegranate alone is a very beautiful and colorful fruit. Now imagine a food made from pomegranate.
The beautiful combination of red pomegranate seeds is very beautiful next to other ingredients of Ash.
Ash Anar is one of the delicious and traditional Iranian appetizers that are prepared in different cities of the country with many different recipes.This dish is next to popular Shirazi dishes such as Shirazi cabbage pilaf and kotlet shirazi.
What are the benefits of ash anar?
It is better to talk about the benefits of this delicious ash before teaching how to prepare ash anar and telling its cooking steps. This unique and delicious appetizer is rich in vitamins and contains a set of vitamins A, B, C, and E.
The amount of fiber, sodium, potassium, and iron in this ash is very high and it can meet your body’s need for these nutrients.
Due to the presence of vitamin A in this ash, it makes the skin fresh and hair healthy and helps the collagen production of the skin a lot. Also, the presence of iron and folic acid in this ash makes it very useful for treating anemia.
All these benefits in authentic local and delicious food make anyone learn how to prepare this type of ash. If you want to give your body a lot of nutrients along with an authentic and special taste, learn how to prepare this food.
Ash anar is cooked in different ways and with different ingredients in different cities of Iran.
For example the Shirazis, who consider themselves the spiritual owners of this ash, mix this ash with meat.
Azeris also prefer to pour minced meat into this ash. Gilanis also believe that ash anar is the heritage of their ancestors and do not pour meat in ash anar on Yalda night. Today, we explain and teach you these 2 recipes of ash anar. So be with us in this article on the meals cook site.
You can also read : anar bij recipe.
1. Ash Anar Shirazi
How to make ash anar Shirazi? (Ash anar shirazi recipe)
This delicious dish is prepared in different cities of the country for special occasions; one of the most important of these occasions is the longest night of the year, Yalda night.
As you know, Yalda night is the longest night of the year. We Iranians are usually guests or we give a party on this night something that can make this long night warm and pleasant is the special foods of Yalda night.
from delicious and colorful fruits to desserts and appetizers and all kinds of traditional Iranian food.
One of the appetizers that you can prepare on this night and enjoy with your family and friends is this ash.
In this article, we decided to teach you how to prepare this delicious ash, hoping that this delicious appetizer can warm your family and friends, so stay with us to learn how to prepare this delicious ash anar and at the same time Easy to get to know.
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 180 minutes
|Chopped vegetables (leek, parsley, cilantro, dill and spinach)
|Yellow split peas
|6 French glasses
|Salt and black pepper
|as much as necessary
To prepare ash anar as an appetizer for Yalda night, you must first fry and cook the meat with onions and spices. Then, add vegetables and other ingredients to it.
In the end, add pomegranate juice and pomegranate paste to it and let the ingredients cook together and settle. To see the preparation steps of this delicious Yalda ash follow the steps below.
1. Preparing fried crispy onions:
In the first step of how to cook ash anar Shirazi you need to prepare the fried onion. Cut the onions into slices. To fry crispy onions you must follow some points.
2. Frying meat:
In the second step, after preparing the fried onion, you should pour some oil into the pot in which you want to cook ash.
Let the oil heat up on the gas flame. Then fry the meat in oil. Add some black pepper, turmeric powder, and salt to it to give the meat a good taste. You can also prepare the meat in the form of ghelgheli and add it to the ash anar after frying.
3. Frying all the ingredients:
After the color of the meat changes add yellow split peas and fry well with the meat. Do not cook yellow split peas in advance because they are cooked quickly in ash, and if cooked too much, they will be crushed.
After frying the meat and yellow split peas, add the chopped vegetables along with rice and fried onions and mix with the other ingredients. Be sure to set aside a few spoons of fried onions to decorate the ash.
4. Add water and pomegranate juice:
At this stage, when you have combined all the ingredients, it is time to add pomegranate juice and ordinary water. After adding pomegranate juice and water, set the gas flame to low heat and let the ash settle down slowly.
5. Adding pomegranate paste:
After this food has settled to some extent, add pomegranate paste to the ash in the middle of cooking.
In the last ten minutes of cooking, you can add a tablespoon of brewed saffron to the ash to double its aroma. The duration of cooking this ash on Yalda night is 3 hours.
After cooking, decorate it with fried onion and, if desired, fried mint and pomegranate seeds.
2.Ash Anar Gilani (Shomali)
How to make ash anar shomali? (Ash anar shomali recipe)
|as much as needed
|as much as needed
|Salt and oil
In this method of preparing ash anar, no meat is used, and beans are used as one of the main ingredients. Northern ash usually has a slightly sweet taste, and you can reduce the amount of sugar according to your taste. Follow the steps below to make ash anar shomali.
1. Soaking beans and broad beans:
In the first step of how to cook ash anar shomali without meat you should pour pinto beans and broad beans in two separate bowls. Then, fill their bowl with water and let them soak for at least 6 hours.
During this time, be sure to change their water two to three times. This will cause the bloating of beans to disappear.
2. Preparing ingredients:
In the second step, you should clean the vegetables and rinse them with plenty of water. Then drain the vegetables and chop them finely. After preparing the vegetables you should peel the beetroot and chop them into small pieces.
3. Cooking beans and beetroot:
After you have chopped and prepared all the ingredients, prepare a large pot for ash. Pour some water into the pot.
Then add pinto beans and soaked beans along with chopped beetroot to it. Turn on the gas flame with low heat and let the beans and beetroot cook well.
4. Completing the steps of cooking and serving ash anar:
After the beans and beetroot are cooked in this step you should add the washed rice to ash. Then add some salt to the ash, and 15 minutes after adding the rice, add chopped vegetables to it.
Place the lid of the pot halfway on it and wait for a while until the ash settles well. Whenever you feel that your ash anar is well cooked, add a few spoons of sugar and pomegranate paste, as well as fried garlic, to it.
Then, wait another 15 minutes for the ash to settle. You can decorate this delicious ash with fried garlic, onion, and pomegranate seeds and enjoy its delicious taste.
Another health benefit of beetroot is its nitrate levels, which have been linked to increased power in our muscles – including our heart. A study reported in Circulation: Heart Failure reported that drinking a glass of beetroot juice improved muscle power in patient with heart failure.sourced: https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/
Notes for Ashe Anar:
- If you fry a little vegetable in oil before adding it, the taste of ash anar will be more delicious and well-established. Be careful not to fry the vegetables too much. A quick frying is enough.
- If you want, you can use oatmeal or wheat instead of rice or add half rice to ash anar.
- In some regions, this ash is cooked with lentils or other legumes. For example, they use round peas, lentils, and pinto beans instead of yellow split peas. If you want, soak these beans the night before and change their water several times. Then, cook peas, beans, and lentils separately. Then in the same way as the way to prepare ash reshteh, cook the beans with the vegetables and add the rest of the ingredients.
- If you feel that the amount of ash is not enough to cook it, add a little more water.
- The more sour the pomegranate paste, the tastier your ash anar will be. Therefore, it is better to use homemade and local pomegranate paste.
- Adding sugar to ash is optional, and you can omit it if you like the sour taste of it.
- You can also add minced meat to ash anar.In this case, fry the meat of the meatballs separately. Fry the yellow split peas separately, and after cooking in the same way in the middle of cooking, add the meat to ash so that they don’t fall apart.
- The amount of crushed food is optional. If you like your ash to be completely mashed and smooth, it is better to cook it for a longer time.
- The presence of beetroot in this food gives it a wonderful color. The bigger your beetroot is, the more colorful the ash will be.
- To make the ash tasty, you can use meat stock or meat juice in this ash without meat.
- Adding a little angelica powder to the ash makes it fragrant and tasty.
- Be sure to add pomegranate juice to this food after cooking the ingredients. Because adding pomegranate juice too early prevents beans and rice from cooking. To cook this ash, you can use fresh pomegranate seeds instead of pomegranate juice.
Related: kalam polo shirazi.
1. Is it possible to remove rice from the recipe for pomegranate soup?
Rice makes the soup glaze. If rice is removed from ash anar, you can also use barley.
2. In which cities is Ash Anar cooked?
Ash anar is one of the most delicious types of Yalda night ash, which is cooked in different ways in Shiraz, Tabriz, and Gilan.
3.How to prepare ash anar tabrizi?
Tabrizi ash anar is very similar to Shirazi ash anar.This ash is prepared using minced meat, vegetables, rice, yellow split peas, onions, pomegranate juice, and pomegranate paste.
4. What is the vegetable of ash anar?
The most important vegetables used to prepare ash anar on Yalda night are leeks, coriander, parsley, and mint. In some cases, spinach is also used to flavor and glaze the soup.
5. What is beef stock?
Meat stock or meat extract is a ready-made spice tablet that removes the bad smell of meat and food and gives it a delicious taste.
6. Why do we use half-grain rice in the preparation of ash anar?
Half-grain rice is cooked better, easier, and faster than full-grain rice and reduces the cooking time.
7. Ash anar is the local food of which city?
Ash anar is one of those foods that is cooked and served in many cities. This ash is the local food of the northern cities of the country, Shiraz, Arak, Chaharmahal Bakhtiari, and Yazd.
Did you like this recipe?
- If you try Persian ash, Please share your experience with us.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest this dish without eggs.
- You can ask me questions about Persian ash-e anar in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.