Reshteh polo was always the strangest dish that my mother made. But it tastes really good. The combination of noodles and Iranian rice may not be very interesting, but rice noodles have created this dreamy combination for us.
The taste of minced meat with noodles, rice, and hot onions is really great. The hot onion at the end is the best step. So join us to learn how to prepare this beautiful and delicious dish.
Reshteh polo is one of the authentic and delicious Iranian dishes, which is made with rice and rice noodles and is usually served with raisins and dates, meat, chicken, and smoked fish.
With the coming of spring and the arrival of Nowruz Eid most Iranian families are struggling to celebrate the new year to carry out the customs and traditions according to the beliefs of their ancestors.
Reshteh polo can be made in 2 ways: with meatballs and chicken. Be with us in this article on the meals cook site to learn the recipe of.
1. Reshte polo with meatball
Reshteh polo with meatball recipe
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
You can also read the recipe for nokhod polo.
|Butter or animal oil
|Other desired spices
1. Soak the rice with some water and salt for 2 hours. Then, fill a suitable pot halfway with water and place it on medium heat. After the water boils, add a spoonful of salt and pour the drained rice into the pot.
After 8–12 minutes, drain the rice. Note that for the noodles to cook well and not be crushed simultaneously, it is better to chop them and add them to the rice in the last 5 minutes of cooking. You can cut them into 2 or 3 parts as you wish.
2. To ensure that the rice has reached the stage of rinsing or not, press a grain of rice between your fingers. You can drain the rice if the kernel is hard and the surrounding is soft. Then, put the pot on the heat and pour some oil into it.
Cut lavash bread into suitable pieces and place on the bottom of the pot.
3. After placing your desired bread on the bottom of the pot, mix half of the rice in a suitable bowl with 2–3 spoons of brewed saffron. Add some of the saffron rice to the simple rice.
In the same way, pour a layer of simple rice and a layer of saffron rice and noodles into the pot until the rice is finished. Put it on the gas for 45–60 minutes and let it brew with gentle heat.
4. After cooking the rice, peel and grate one of the onions. Then remove the juice well and mix it with minced meat, garlic powder, flour, salt, pepper, and turmeric powder. After kneading this mixture well, cover it with cellophane and put the container in the refrigerator for half an hour.
While the meat is resting, cut and fry the second onion. Then, collect them and pour them into another container.
5. remove the container containing minced meat from the refrigerator after half an hour. Take the size of a small walnut and shape it with your hands until it is round. Then fry them in the oil with which you previously fried the onions.
After both sides of the meatballs are fried well, pour half of the fried onions into the pan and mix them well. Finally, pour a tablespoon of brewed saffron into the pan and stir the ingredients well. Then, remove it from the heat.
6. Pour the rest of the onions into another pan and add the walnuts. After roasting the walnuts a little add raisins and butter (optional) and fry for a while until the raisins are soft. In the last step, add cinnamon and rose water to the mixture of walnuts and raisins and turn off the heat shortly after.
After the rice is cooked, pour it into a suitable dish and decorate it with raisins, walnuts, and dates. As simple and delicious as this, the big concern of, “What should I cook for dinner or lunch?” Solved.
2. Reshteh polo with chicken
How to make a reshteh polo with chicken?
Reshteh polo with chicken recipe
For: 4 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
You can also read mash polo recipe.
|Salt, pepper, and turmeric powder
|Half a teaspoon
Instruction reshteh polo ba morgh:
1. Before anything else, put the chicken breast in a pot with some water, turmeric, salt, and onion, and put it on the heat to cook. Drain the rice as mentioned in the previous recipe and let it brew.
After the chicken breast is cooked, roast it with half of the butter, cinnamon, and some saffron. After the chicken is roasted well, set it aside. Just be careful not to let the chicken dry out while roasting.
2. In another pan, fry the raisins with the rest of the butter until soft. If you want, you can also sprinkle some cinnamon on them.
After steaming the rice (using the same method mentioned above), mix some with the saffron and set it aside.
Then, pour the rice into the desired dish and decorate it with raisins, saffron rice, and chicken. Enjoy your meal.
You can also read nokhod polo recipe.
What is reshteh polo?
The table of all Iranian families on the eve of Eid is full of various foods according to their respective local traditions. Reshteh polo or sabzi polo ba mahi are among the foods that are usually seen on the table of most Iranians on Eid night.
Reshteh polo is one of the very old foods and is mostly liked by the old generation and the elderly and it is mostly cooked on Eid night as the first lunch or the first dinner of the new year. Its cooking is popular in Azerbaijan, Kermanshah, and Arak.
Noodles of reshteh polo are prepared from flour, wheat, water, and salt, and it is one of the dough products its calories are similar to bread and cereals, and it causes obesity. Its ingredients are the same as ash noodles, only it has a little more bran.
This food is cooked together with fried dates and raisins, and depending on the local taste and custom, sometimes fried chicken is served on the side, and often a one-centimeter-thick sliced pumpkin is used as the tahdig.
Notes for Persian noodle rice:
Observing the following points will help you to make delicious and tasty reshteh polo in every way:
- If you are a vegetarian and for any reason you do not like to use meat and chicken to prepare this food, you can cook it with raisins and dates.
- If you like to have a completely traditional reshteh polo, when serving fry some turmeric in butter and then pour it on the reshteh polo.
- If you wish, you can use Kermanshahi oil to make the food fragrant.
- You can also serve food with fried chicken and eggplant.
- If you make reshteh polo with chicken or minced meat, you can put them on top of rice and cook it as mixed rice.
- You can also use orange peel to decorate this food.
Noodles made from rice are much more delicate in texture and flavor than wheat noodles and are ideal for your favorite rice vermicelli recipe, stir-fry or soup. For a garnish, try deep-frying — the noodles will puff up and become very crispy. Low in fat and gluten free, rice noodles contain minerals that offer health benefits.
FAQ for reshteh polo:
1. What is reshteh polo served with?
According to your taste, you can serve reshteh polo with chicken, lentils, dates and raisins, minced meat, and even stews such as ghormeh sabzi and gheymeh.
2. For which province is reshteh polo?
Reshteh polo is one of the traditional and local foods of Mashhad, Ardabil, and Kermanshah provinces, but it is also served in different ways in other cities of Iran.
3. What is the main spice in the preparation of reshteh polo?
Since ancient times, turmeric has been used to make reshteh polo. If you want to prepare this food in the most authentic way possible, you can fry some turmeric in animal oil and butter for 15 minutes before serving it and pour it on the rice.
4. What is reshteh polo eaten with?
Reshteh polo is usually served with Salad Shirazi and mast o Khair.
5. What do they make reshteh polo with except chicken?
Reshteh polo is made with minced meat, turkey meat, smoked fish, and even without meat and in the form of rice noodles with lentils or with raisins and dates.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience about reshteh polo.
- If you want vegetarian food, I suggest this polo without meat or chicken.
- In the comments, you can ask me questions about Persian noodle rice and celery. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- If you cook this food and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on Facebook & mail.