Persian Cracker is a crispy and delicious Iranian biscuit that gives a person a nostalgic feeling when seeing and eating it. Whenever the name of the cracker is mentioned, we remember our school days and eating this delicious biscuit. Eating a package of biscuits at school or at home with milk and juice has brought us an excellent and indescribable taste.
Today, this biscuit with jam, peanut butter, and cheese is used as a high-energy snack. Due to its lightness and strength, this biscuit is used in trips and even mountain climbing. There are different types of flavors of it. These are sweet, salty, cheese, or butter crackers.
You can also read poolaki recipe.
The history of salty crackers
Salty crackers have been known in the United States of America since the 19th century. Due to the small size and simplicity of this biscuit, as well as the low price, it became popular with people. In the old days, the variety of biscuits was not as high as it is now, and it was a pristine and affordable choice in It had its time. During World War II, because of the need for foods that would stay fresh for a long time, they were light and easy to carry.
You can also read Persian cream puffs.
How to prepare Persian crackers? (Persian Cracker recipe)
Ingredients Persian cracker:
|Half a teaspoon
|Butter and salt
Details of cooking crispy Persian crackers
The amount of calories per 100 grams is 456 kcal
For: 4 to 6 people
Preparation time: about 1 hour
Cooking time if using the oven: 15 to 20 minutes
Instruction Persian cracker:
1. First, we prepare the necessary ingredients, take them out of the refrigerator, and wait until the temperature of our ingredients is the same as the temperature of the environment. Next, take a bowl and sift the flour and baking powder until they are uniform.
2. Add salt, sugar, and cold butter, and knead with your fingers until they are mixed. Then, with a spatula, add the oil to the ingredients.
We continue to add cold water to the ingredients little by little and continue massaging the ingredients until they become doughy and uniform.
3. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, put the oven on 175 degrees until it is hot and ready.
4. Spread a grease-proof paper, sprinkle some flour, and flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Try to keep the balance so that your cracker does not remain raw and does not burn. Make the cracker as thin as possible to maintain the crunchiness of the cracker; make holes with a fork so that the dough does not puff up.
5. Sprinkle some flour on the dough and cut it into the desired shape with a cutter. Try to cut the parchment paper and place it in the oven tray covered with parchment paper. Then, start picking crackers according to your taste.
6. Place the ingredients in the oven for 20 minutes until the cracker is fully cooked. You can turn on the grill oven for 5 minutes to make it crispy and golden. After the biscuits are ready, you can apply the ingredients prepared for the crackers on the Persian crackers with a spatula so that it has a more pleasant taste.
The first cracker was made in 1792 by John Pearson in Newburyport, Massachusetts. Pearson was looking to make a type of biscuit that would last longer than traditional sailor’s biscuits without spoiling. He eventually mixed just flour and water, baked it, and called his invention “Pearson’s Pilot Bread”. This later became known as “hardtack” or “sea biscuit”. This type of biscuit became incredibly popular among sea-faring folk due to its long shelf life without spoiling.
FAQ Persian cracker:
1. What is a biscuit cracker, and how is it different from other biscuits?
A biscuit cracker is actually a crispy and dry biscuit that is usually prepared with salt and does not contain sugar. It is used as a snack with tea and milk for children and adults.
2. How many calories are in each biscuit Persian cracker?
Usually, depending on the type of cheese or saltiness, the calories of this biscuit are between 85 and 95 calories per piece.
3. Are Persian crackers suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets?
Yes, biscuit crackers are suitable for vegan diets as long as gluten-free or low-salt versions are chosen.
4. What kind of ingredients are used in the preparation of biscuit crackers?
Flour, water, salt, and butter or oil.
5. What other types of food do biscuit crackers go well with?
It is usually served with milk and juice, but cheese, peanut butter, and jam are also used as snacks.
6. Why is biscuit cracker called “cracker”?
It is known as a cracker due to the sound of “crack” when eating and being dry.
7. Are biscuit crackers suitable for snacks?
Yes, it is very suitable for mid-day meals and is usually used in school entertainment.
8. Are biscuit crackers suitable for children?
Yes, but you have to be careful about the amount of salt and fat and choose varieties that are lower in sugar.
Finally, tell me, do you think Iranian crackers are tastier or American crackers?
Other articles maybe you like: