Persian Gaz is one of the delicious souvenirs of Isfahan city and there are different types of it. This sweet can be in a simple form, flour, with or without pistachio and nuts.
It might be interesting for you to know that you can make all kinds of this by yourself at home and enjoy its taste.
In this article, we are going to talk about how to prepare homemade this sweet and the various methods that exist to make it.
So if you also like to make homemade Gaz stay with us until the end of the article. Because we are going to provide you with the simplest training.
Persian Gaz is considered one of the tourist attractions of Isfahan City. With the help of this preparation in the meals cook site, you can make a tasty and original .
How to make Persian gaz?
Now that you are ready to make homemade Gaz, let’s go to the basic and necessary ingredients to prepare it.
In the table below, the necessary ingredients for preparing homemade this sweet for 4 people are listed. You can reduce or increase these sizes according to the number of people.
You can also read beryani Esfahan recipe.
|Pistachios, walnuts, nuts
How to prepare simple homemade Persian gaz:
1. The first step to making homemade gez is to saute the desired nuts without using oil in a suitable pan until they are roasted and their rawness is removed.
2. Choose a suitable pot and mix water with sugar in it. To make it easier for the sugar to dissolve in the water, you can put the pot on the heat and do this under the heat.
3. After the sugar is dissolved in the water, it’s time to add the glucose. When you add the glucose, use a wooden spoon or whisk and stir the ingredients well until you have a completely elastic state.
4. At this stage, you have to separate the egg white from the yolk and mix the white until it becomes fluffy.
To do this, it is better to use an electric mixer which makes the mixing process shorter and the volume of the egg white doubles.
5. After mixing the egg whites well, add the rose water to it and mix again until they are well mixed together.
6. Meanwhile, you should be careful with the nectar and make sure it doesn’t boil while stirring. Pour some of it on your finger and if it becomes stretchy and stretches between your fingers, the nectar has arrived.
7. When you are sure that the nectar is ready you should pour some of it into the egg white and let them reach the same temperature.
After they are at the same temperature, pour the whole egg white into the pot of nectar stir, and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
8. Now we reach the stage of heating the ingredients. This step should be done carefully and patiently. To do this, mix the ingredients for 10 to 15 minutes using an electric mixer set on high speed.
Also, it is better to turn off the mixer every few minutes and use a wooden spoon to turn the ingredients upside down so they don’t stick.
9. To get your result, you need to continue the stirring step for one to two hours. But if you lower the heat and use a flame spreader, you can leave the pot every few minutes and then start stirring after a few minutes so you don’t get tired.
10. When the material reaches a stage where it hardens and no longer flows from the spoon, the Persian gaz is ready and you can turn off the flame.
11. Now it’s time to add the nuts you’ve already roasted. You should add them to this sweet and stir the mixture and nut kernels until they are well mixed together.
Of course, if you don’t like to have nuts inside your bite, you can also make it in a simple way.
12. Finally, wait a little until the gas cools down a bit and loses its hot state. After it cools down a bit you can cut it into any shape you like and it’s best to use a mold to do this.
13. In order for your cake not to stick to the mold, you must be careful to sprinkle some flour on the bottom of the mold and then shape the cake using it. Keep it in the refrigerator for a day and then consume it.
Persian Gaz is one of the most prominent sweets produced in Iran. The history of Isfahan’s Gaz is nearly 450 years old.
Since the beginning of history, this delicious sweet has undergone many changes. For example, during the First World War in 1293 AD when famine was raging in the country this was gradually removed from people’s tables or pistachios, and almonds were replaced by beans and cheaper plants due to their high prices.
There was a sweet in the past called Halva Chobe or Halva Chuh which was produced in Isfahan, Chaharmahal Bakhtiari, and Yazd.
This sweet is made from egg whites, sugar, and glucose syrup, and in the old days, it was sweet for serfs and upper classes. There is a legend that farmers used Halva Chobe as a snack.
Halva Chobe liquid is similar to this sweet and when egg whites, sugar, and glucose are mixed in copper bottles after about 2 hours a white mixture like this liquid is formed. It was the size of the palm of the hand.
Halva Chobe had a gummy texture and was not as soft as today’s pieces. When you bite a piece of it, you have to chew a bit like chewing gum to make it soft.
During the period of Shah Abbas and Isfahan becoming the capital, the ground was provided for the coming and going of tourists and travelers from other cities.
also the migration of rich people from other cities to Isfahan for business and the convenient location of the capital made the financial situation of the people much better.
Lowers blood sugar levels
This is another miraculous benefit of consuming pistachios regularly. Research suggests that it actually helps those who have type 2 diabetes! Pistachio is quite effective in regulating blood sugar levels as it is a rich source of phosphorous which helps break down the proteins so the latter can turn into amino acids. Regular consumption of pistachio helps with it. It keeps the blood sugar levels in check.
How to prepare Gaz ardi?
Gaz Ardi is another type of this sweet that is very popular among people. It is also very easy and convenient to make this and you can make it at home simple .
1. In the first step, to make gaz ardi, you should mix sugar and rose water in a suitable pot and let the sugar dissolve in the rose water on gentle heat.
2. At the same time, add glucose to the contents of the pot and stir until it reaches the desired concentration.
3. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and then mix the white well using a mixer until fluffy.
4. At this stage, it is better to pay attention to the nectar and if it has reached the desired concentration and it has become elastic and candy-like, add some of it to the egg white.
5. After the ingredients are at the same temperature, you can add the bowl containing the egg white to the contents of the pot and stir constantly using a spoon until the ingredients are ready.
6. Now it’s time to add the pistachios. Add the pistachios that you roasted a little and the rawness has been removed from the ingredients and stir again. So far, as you have seen all the steps of making this were the same, and from here the method of making will be slightly different.
7. You need to fill a bowl with flour and pour the ingredients into the container using a spoon and roll it well.
After the balls are well-floured, you can make them into the desired shape. Finally, put the pieces in a closed container and let them stay in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set well.
8. Your flour dough is ready and it is better to sprinkle some flour in the container where you store it to keep it fresh.
You can also read the best Persian cookies: koloocheh
Notes for Persin Gaz:
- If it is well heated and well prepared, it can easily be kept outside the refrigerator and in a closed container, otherwise, you have to keep it in the refrigerator.
- One of the ways to know that the dough is completely ready is when you take some of the material and the material easily separates from your hand and does not stick to your hand.
- To prepare this, you must use liquid and colorless glucose. You can get glucose from confectioners’ supplies.
- The reason for the loosening of Persian gaz can be that the consistency of the syrup is not good and the ingredients are not heated well the reason for the drying of Persian gaz is that the consistency of the syrup is too thick and the ingredients are heated too much.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of nuts as you wish.
FAQ for Persian gaz:
1. What is the main ingredient in Persian Gaz?
White flour, Liquid Glucose, Rosewater, Egg whites, and Sugar are the main ingredients in Gaz.
2. What is served with this sweet?
Persian Gaz is served with Persian tea, Sour cherry tea, and Gol gav zaban.
3. Can I freeze Persian Gaz?
Yes, You can freeze this Persian sweet for several months.
Did you like this recipe?
- Please share your experience with making this sweet..
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest this sweet.
- You can ask me questions about the Persian Gaz recipe in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this sweet and love the taste of it, please share your pic and video with us on Facebook & YouTube.