Bidmeshk syrup is one of the most delicious and instant syrups that you can prepare in different flavors. Balsam is a medicinal plant from the willow tree and the essential oil obtained from this plant is called bidmeshk, which in addition to its wonderful taste and aroma, has many therapeutic properties that you can benefit from by preparing a delicious and tasty syrup.
Bidmeshk helps to lower blood pressure, it is very useful for anemia and it is also highly recommended to solve sexual problems and strengthen it. Bidmeshk is also very useful in reducing fever.
Today, on meals cook we will teach you how to make sharbat bidmeshk with saffron and chia seeds. Be with us.
Bidmeshk has a slightly bitter taste and some people do not like its taste; But bidmeshk syrup is a sweet, simple, and cool drink that is prepared by combining bidmeshk spirit with water, chia seeds, rose water,khakshir, saffron, sugar, and honey.
The origin of bidmeshk:
Bidmeshk grows in Iran, southeast Turkey, southeast Transcaucasia, Iraq, Talash, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. In Iran, this plant has a relatively large geographical distribution in cold temperate regions and is cultivated in many places. Gorgan, Mazandaran, Gilan, Azerbaijan, Isfahan, Fars, Kerman, Yazd, and Tehran are among the provinces where this plant grows.
Different types of bidmeshk syrup:
1. Simple bidmeshk syrup
2. Bidmeshk syrup with nastaran
3. Bidmeshk syrup with rose water
4. Bidmeshk syrup with saffron and chia seeds
5. Bidmeshk syrup with khakshir
1. Simple bidmeshk syrup:
How to make simple bidmeshk syrup?
| 2.2 pound
| 6.6 pound
1. To make simple bidmeshk syrup, first you have to boil sugar and water and after it thickens, let it cool. In the end, add bidmeshk. Your syrup is ready and you can combine it with ice water or water and ice pieces and lemon juice to make syrup.
1. Boil water and sugar:
In the first step of how to prepare this syrup in a simple way, pour water and sugar into a pot and put it on the heat. Wait for the water to heat up and the sugar grains to dissolve in the water. Leave the lid of the pot open until the syrup boils and thickens. When it is as thick as you like, turn off the flame and wait for the syrup to cool down.
2.Add aragh bidmeshk:
At this stage, add the bidmeshk to the syrup that has thickened and cooled and stirred until smooth. Pour the bidmeshk into a glass bottle with a closed lid and store it in the refrigerator. To make bidmeshk syrup, mix a glass of water with 1 or 2 tablespoons of this syrup. Add a few drops of lemon juice and a few ice cubes to the glass and serve it.
2. Bidmeshk syrup with nastaran:
How to make bidmeshk syrup with nastaran?
|Aragh bidmeshk(musk willow)
|1 tablespoon (if desired)
1. To make the bidmeshk with nastaran syrup, pour water into a glass and add the nastaran and bidmeshk.
2. Add the syrup to the ingredients and stir until all the ingredients are dissolved. Finally, add sour tea and ice cubes.
3. If you don’t have syrup available, add the desired amount of sugar or honey to the water. At the same time, sour tea is used to color the syrup and you can remove it from the recipe.
3. Bidmeshk syrup with rose water:
How to make bidmeshk syrup with rose water?
| 3.3 pound
| 1.1 pound
|Thick brewed saffron
|Honey (or sugar)
| 1.1 pound
|as much as needed
To make this syrup, you have to pour all the syrup ingredients on heat until it boils and becomes thick. After cooling combine the syrup with some water, lemon juice, and ice cubes and serve.
1. Boil the syrup ingredients together:
In a pot, mix rose water and bidmeshk and put it on medium heat. Let the syrup heat up. Before boiling add honey or sugar and brewed saffron. Put the ingredients on the heat and let it thicken enough.
2. Serve the bidmeshk syrup:
Pour 1 or 2 spoons of this syrup and rose water into a glass of cold water and add a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Decorate the syrup glass with lemon slices and some ice cubes.
4. Bidmeshk syrup with saffron and chia seeds:
How to make bidmeshk syrup with saffron and chia seeds?
|Thick brewed saffron
|2 tablespoons (optional)
To prepare this syrup with chia seeds, you must first boil water and sugar together. Then add saffron. When all the ingredients are thickened, add the cardamom. When you want to make bidmeshk syrup, add washed and prepared chia seeds to the syrup base.
1. Heat water and sugar:
In the first step pour water and sugar into a suitable pot and put it on the heat. Wait for the water to heat up and the sugar grains to dissolve in it. In the meantime, clean the chia seeds pour in a glass of water, and wash. Add some warm water to them to make them puff up.
2. Add saffron:
After the water and sugar are as thick as you like, add the brewed saffron to the ingredients. Let the syrup color. Then turn off the heat and wait until the syrup loses its temperature and cools down. After the syrup cools down, add bidmeshk juice to the ingredients and stir.
Key points in preparing bidmeshk syrup with saffron:
- One of the most important points of preparing this syrup is to add bidmeshk at the end to preserve its smell.
- You can use food colors as you like in preparing this syrup.
- This syrup does not need lemon juice or lemon essence because it is diluted with the juice of the bidmeshk and does not add sugar at all.
- Adding saffron is optional.
5. Bidmeshk syrup with kahkshir:
How to make bidmeshk syrup with khakshir?
This syrup with khakshir is a kind of cool summer drink, which, while delicious and simple, has many properties and is very useful for quenching thirst and heatstroke in the summer season.
1. First, you need to clean and wash the khakshir. For this purpose, pour them into a bowl and add water to it, then stir with a fork or spoon until they are dissolved in the water.
2. Wait a few minutes for the khakshir to settle, then empty the water on it to separate the small wood and debris on the water.
3. Repeat this process several times until the water on the khakshir becomes completely clear.
4. Pour water on the khashir again, then empty it slowly into another bowl so that the settled sand remains in the container.
5. Add water to the khashir again and repeat this process several times until the khakshir is completely clean and washed.
6. Pour khakshir, water, bidmeshk, brewed saffron, and sugar into a pitcher and stir until the sugar dissolves.
7. Add some ice cubes to the syrup, then pour it into a serving glass.
Tricks and techniques of making bidmeshk syrup:
- If you want to change the color of your Persian syrup, you can add some food coloring (any color you like) to it after mixing it with water.
- You can use some mint leaves, lemon slices different fruits, and some ice cubes to decorate this syrup. You can also decorate the rim of the glass with sugar crystals and serve the syrup.
- The use of saffron or food colors is only to make this syrup fragrant and tasty. These are optional and can be removed.
- Pour lukewarm water over the chia seeds to make them puff up. Then add them to this drink.
- To remove the cold nature of bidmeshk, make this syrup with khakshir. The way to prepare khakshir and sharbat bidmeshk is similar to the way to prepare bidmeshk and chia seed syrup. Of course, you can also use a combination of khakshir and chia seeds in the preparation of sharbat bidmeshk.
- The traditional bidmeshk syrup can be mixed with various herbs such as rose water and bahar narenj to have a different taste.
- Bidmeshk syrup with khakshir or chia seeds can be a good drink to prevent heat stroke.
- To prepare sharbat bidmeshk with saffron, you can add a teaspoon of brewed saffron to the nectar along with the bowl.
- Note that you should never separate the sugars around the nectar container and mix it with the syrup.
Properties and benefits of bidmeshk syrup:
Sharbat bidmeshk has vitamins B6, B2, B1, A, C, and E and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, and copper. This syrup is a rich source of amino acids, folic acid, citric acid,omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, and carbohydrates. The nature of bidmeshk is cold and wet.
Benefits of drinking bidmeshk syrup:
- Joyful: Due to the presence of the amino acid tryptophan, sharbat bidmeshk plays an important role in the production of the hormone serotonin in the blood and digestive system and for this reason, it is uplifting and joyful and relieves depression.
- Soothes the heart and nerves: Bilberry syrup relieves anxiety, stress, depression, nervous tension, migraine headaches, and abnormal heart palpitations.
- Relieving anemia and increasing appetite: Consumption of this drink is highly recommended for thin and anemic people.
- Strengthening the body’s immune system: With the presence of vitamins A, C, E, and flavonoids, bilberry sherbet has antioxidant properties, and for this reason, its consumption strengthens the body’s immune system and protects the body against various diseases, especially cancer.
- Eliminate urinary tract infections: Sharbat bidmeshk has antibiotic properties and therefore, it can eliminate urinary tract infections.
- Strengthening the digestive system: the decoction of bidmeshk leaves removes parasites and worms from the stomach and intestines and improves the functioning of the digestive system.
- Enhance vision
- Relief of nerve and rheumatic pains
- Strengthening memory and preventing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
- Relieving fatigue caused by daily activities
- Improving respiratory diseases such as asthma and cough
- Cleansing the gallbladder
- Refreshing skin and hair and removing facial acne
- Control of blood sugar, blood pressure and lipids
Side effects of using burdock root:
- Just like aspirin,bidmeshk can cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to salicylate.
- Bidmeshk and other species belonging to Salix should not be used simultaneously with conventional drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid.
- Pregnant and lactating women should always use herbs in consultation with a specialist.
- Long-term use or higher doses of herbs can cause irritation of the digestive system, nausea, and constipation.
Faq for sharbat bidmeshk:
1. What is bidmeshk syrup good for?
Bidmeshk syrup contains vitamins B6, B2, B1, A, C, E and other minerals such as phosphorus, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, and copper. This syrup is a rich source of amino acids, folic acid, citric acid,omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, and carbohydrates.
You can also use bidmeshk syrup to quench thirst, treat heatstroke, and strengthen and relax the nerves. This syrup has medicinal properties and is suitable for strengthening the heart and vascular system.
2. How to use bidmeshk syrup?
To consume bidmeshk syrup, prepare the ingredients of the syrup using any of the above methods. At the time of preparing and serving the syrup, dissolve or dilute one or two spoons of thick syrup in a glass of water. Pour ice cubes into the glass and serve after cooling.
Did you like a recipe for sharbat bidmeshk?
- If you have experience eating Iranian bidmeshk shrbat , please say your comment.
- If you are looking for vegetarian food, I suggest this Iranian drink.
- You can ask me questions about Persian drinks in the comments. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- if you make this dessert and love the taste of it, please share your pic with us on @mealscook Facebook & mail.